For All Of Those Panicked Because Ryan Won't Be Here And Mcdaniels May Be

falconidae

There seems to have been this assumption that Ryan would have learned from his first HC gig and not make those mistakes again- for example, that he would hire a solid OC and let him work with Matt.

Yet, it's assumed McDaniels will make the same mistakes he made in his first gig.

Yeah, I know, Tebow, But a lot of coaches are better in their second job, many are much better.

Not even saying that I want McDaniels [ I don't know], just that, why can't he do what people claimed what Ryan would do? Hire a stud for the other side of the ball and do what he does best- McDaniel is a **** of an offensive mind.

Man did just lead an offense with NO run game to 35 points against a good D.

There seems to have been this assumption that Ryan would have learned from his first HC gig and not make those mistakes again- for example, that he would hire a solid OC and let him work with Matt.

Yet, it's assumed McDaniels will make the same mistakes he made in his first gig.

Yeah, I know, Tebow, But a lot of coaches are better in their second job, many are much better.

Not even saying that I want McDaniels [ I don't know], just that, why can't he do what people claimed what Ryan would do? Hire a stud for the other side of the ball and do what he does best- McDaniel is a **** of an offensive mind.

Sure, because a future HOF QB named Brady had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I just do not buy the McDaniels hype. Matt Ryan is a West Coast Offense QB. He WAS THAT in Boston College. We had a running game under Mularkey. We had a somewhat decent D during that time with VanGorder as well. Matt Ryan is not and never will be Brady. McDaniels may be able to get marginal production out of the offense, but they were already in the top ten this past offseason. Now McDaniels may do a better job than Smittyball in terms of calling a game and game time adjustments, but that is the only improvement I see this guy bringing. The defense really needs to get back to shape and the offense desperately needs a running game. I just don't see that type of football under McDaniels. I see a whole lot of airing it out and expecting to make big plays downfield. If he doesn't bring a strong DC then this defense will continue to be a bottom dweller. Furthermore, we will have to go a lot younger as a team and get away from the veterans to make it work with his personality. I just don't see anything that McDaniels brings to the table.

Because at least Rex Ryan's players loved playing for him. Josh McDaniels' players didn't.

Guest Negatorris

We need a defense. McDaniels didn't even get close to reaching the playoffs as a HC. Ryan almost went to the SB and he was loved by his players.

We need a defense. McDaniels didn't even get close to reaching the playoffs as a HC. Ryan almost went to the SB and he was loved by his players.

So, hire a really good DC and let him work.

McDaniels didn't have the talent Ryan did.

Lots of people wanted Harbough, who was hardly popular with his players.

And, again, the basic assumption was that Ryan would learn from his mistakes, but apparently McDaniels can't? He can't make better decisions on players and relate better to his players?

Because at least Rex Ryan's players loved playing for him. Josh McDaniels' players didn't.

Very true

He lead those players to 4 straight non winning seasons, ignored the offense and had his own time management issues.

All the Rex supporters somehow expected all those things to be taken care of, but McDaniels couldn't get better at all? McDaniels was 30 years old when he got the HC job, he wasn't ready for the job, he might be now.

He lead those players to 4 straight non winning seasons, ignored the offense and had his own time management issues.

All the Rex supporters somehow expected all those things to be taken care of, but McDaniels couldn't get better at all? McDaniels was 30 years old when he got the HC job, he wasn't ready for the job, he might be now.

I'm 32 years old now and don't suffer from half of the personality issues he has.

Generally you learn to play well with others earmy in childhood. So unless Josh McDaniels sprung from his mom's womb as a 25 year old him being 30 has nothing to do with it.

Not to mention he still suffers from the same personality issues now. He still benches players for arguing with him.

I'm 32 years old now and don't suffer from half of the personality issues he has.

Generally you learn to play well with others earmy in childhood. So unless Josh McDaniels sprung from his mom's womb as a 25 year old him being 30 has nothing to do with it.

Not to mention he still suffers from the same personality issues now. He still benches players for arguing with him.

30 is really young for a HC, he may have tried to emulate Belichick and realized it was a mistake.

Think you can make a lot of parallels between Ryan and McDaniels, people assume that Ryan would change but assume McDaniel won't.