Jets Were Ready To Hire D Quinn

xSICKxWITHxITx

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets were prepared to fly to Seattle to hire Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as head coach if the Seahawks lost to the Panthers.

Jets owner Woody Johnson had the private jet gassed up and ready to make the cross-country trip. But the Seahawks took down Carolina, and the Jets will have to wait at least another week before they can speak to Quinn for a second time. It appears Quinn is the overwhelming favorite to succeed Rex Ryan.

Related: Jets

Source: ESPN.com Jan 11 - 12:29 PM

It is obvious that the Jets want Quinn, which makes a ton of sense, especially since Kyle is suppose to be partnering with him, But I think Blank is willing to fight for him. Blank got deeper pockets than the Woody as well as Atlanta is in a better position than the Jets.

I think the Falcons are going to wait another week for Quinn or move on to Austin or Bowles. I dont think we will wait for Quinn til past the super bowl as long as the Jets are also waiting. Too much risk.

It is obvious that the Jets want Quinn, which makes a ton of sense, especially since Kyle is suppose to be partnering with him, But I think Blank is willing to fight for him. Blank got deeper pockets than the Woody as well as Atlanta is in a better position than the Jets.

I think the Falcons are going to wait another week for Quinn or move on to Austin or Bowles. I dont think we will wait for Quinn til past the super bowl as long as the Jets are also waiting. Too much risk.

Good one G. Too much risk in waiting, like you say.