Has It Ever Occured Ti The Rex Crowd That Maybe

Rex was not Blanks man. I'm pretty sure that if Rex was Blanks man all along as reported by the media, then he would never had paid big money for Korn Ferry to come in. Maybe Blank still had questions about Rex after the interview. Maybe Rex's people were trying to pressure Blank while he was trying to deal with the death of his mother, or maybe Blank was tired of seeing people here call him "sexy Rexy"

And wanted no part.

I honestly think the media played Rex and Atlanta hype up more than what was there

Rex was not Blanks man. I'm pretty sure that if Rex was Blanks man all along as reported by the media, then he would never had paid big money for Korn Ferry to come in. Maybe Blank still had questions about Rex after the interview. Maybe Rex's people were trying to pressure Blank while he was trying to deal with the death of his mother, or maybe Blank was tired of seeing people here call him "sexy Rexy"

And wanted no part.

I honestly think the media played Rex and Atlanta hype up more than what was there

I think you've got a good point. Went pay a consulting firm just to hire the guy you wanted all along. I think Blank knew he was biased, so he brought in an outside perspective.

If the first interview with Rex was enough for them to decide they didn't need to rush into a second one, that should speak volumes. They had already interviewed other candidates AND satisfied the Rooney Rule. If Rex was "the guy", he would have been hired at that point.

Too many people have gotten their hearts set on this candidate or that candidate and are not open-minded anymore. As soon as that candidate is our of the running, their world collapses.

When we hired Smitty, he was relatively unknown. Then, he went on to not only put together the first back-to-back winning seasons for Atlanta, but he put together 5 in a row before losing the magic touch.

Everyone here needs to relax and trust the system. Even if they hire McDaniels, trust that he has been thoroughly vetted. If TD and Pioli's jobs are still truly on the chopping block for the right candidate, I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

Then Blank is stupid. I'm telling you right now its gonna be McDaniels. The defense will continue to be at the bottom of the league and that shiny new stadium will never sell out.... except when the Steelers come to town.

So, what you're saying is that because McDaniels is an offensive guy, it's impossible for him to bring in a brilliant DC and give him full control over the defense?

Do you really think he would try to run that side of the ball, too?

Stop being so short sighted.

Part of the problem with Smith was that he kept putting his hands on the defense and wouldn't let his DC fully run their own system.

McDaniels being an offensive minded HC is the least of the reasons why I don't want him. I seriously don't think he is HC material based on the things he did and didn't do in Denver. I thought him a joke then.

He was also quite a bit younger and didn't have a GM there. In his first head coaching role, he was also responsible for personnel decisions. He didn't get all of them right, but he had the foresight (when almost no one else did) to move on from Cutler and Marshall. What have those two done in Chicago? Don't worry, I'll wait while you look it up...

Then Blank is stupid. I'm telling you right now its gonna be McDaniels. The defense will continue to be at the bottom of the league and that shiny new stadium will never sell out.... except when the Steelers come to town.

True story. McDaniels hire will do NOTHING for this team except put another corporate 'yes man' in football operations.

He was also quite a bit younger and didn't have a GM there. In his first head coaching role, he was also responsible for personnel decisions. He didn't get all of them right, but he had the foresight (when almost no one else did) to move on from Cutler and Marshall. What have those two done in Chicago? Don't worry, I'll wait while you look it up...

He got his GM fired. McDaniels fans love to bring up Cutler/Marshall, but he also drove out Tony Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, Mike Nolan, and his GM. Sounds like a great guy to work with.

Right, who says blanks man is the right choice? But any way im not counting rex out just yet. It's taken quite a while to 'dot i's and cross t's'. If blank calls rex with trestman on three way I think we could atleast get a chance to have him consider a contract offer. Blank just needs to get off his azz.

So, what you're saying is that because McDaniels is an offensive guy, it's impossible for him to bring in a brilliant DC and give him full control over the defense?

Do you really think he would try to run that side of the ball, too?

Stop being so short sighted.

Part of the problem with Smith was that he kept putting his hands on the defense and wouldn't let his DC fully run their own system.

Who's out there that's gonna change this defense at the coordinator position? All the good ones are gonna be head coaches.

He got his GM fired. McDaniels fans love to bring up Cutler/Marshall, but he also drove out Tony Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, Mike Nolan, and his GM. Sounds like a great guy to work with.

I'm not advocating that he is the best candidate out there. I'm just saying that the unknown might not be as bad as people are saying it will be because the scenarios are different.

Who's out there that's gonna change this defense at the coordinator position? All the good ones are gonna be head coaches.

With Mike Smith finally out of the picture, it might not be as hard add you think. We have a good amount of talent on that side of the ball. It just needs to be used properly. The Smitty loyalty logic certainly got in the way of putting the best players on the field.

If McDaniels runs an offense like NE and can keep our D rested, and we pick up a good d coord then we will be fine

With Mike Smith finally out of the picture, it might not be as hard add you think. We have a good amount of talent on that side of the ball. It just needs to be used properly. The Smitty loyalty logic certainly got in the way of putting the best players on the field.

What talent... Please explain to me who's sitting on the bench that would make us better than the 32nd ranked defense we were this year. We have 0 depth no talent 90% of the guys on our defense now wouldn't even start for anyone except the jags and even that's questionable. Are they hiding these superstars somewhere I don't know about because I sure as **** don't see it. People want to blame coaching but TD is the man that led this team into the toilet. And Blank is the man that wants to keep him.

In regards to McDaniels, it all hinges on who he can bring as his DC. If there is way for him to get Schwartz, Allen or Fangio, i am fine with McD. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and say he matured and learned from his first stint, much like his mentor did in Cleveland.

So, were you a Ryan fan? Were you expecting him to hire a good OC and leave him alone? Why can't McDaniel hire a good DC and leave him alone?