Rex Ryan Ultimately Didn't Feel Like Falcons Gm Thomas Dimitroff Was In His Corner Despite A Productive 1St Interview.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

he also past on san fran, so think about that.. it may not be as bad as it looks.. just saying

Because let's be real. The 49ers just got rid of a coach that took them to the NFC Championship game 3 times in a row because he had a big personality.

Rex Ryan also has a big personality so it's basically walking into failure for him.

I mean would you want to work for an organization who's number 1 goal isn't winning but instead is being able to be subservient to the GM?

Edited by Genius

I'm not happy that it went down this way, and I was finally warming up to the idea, but honestly, how stupid is Rex for jumping on the first offer?

Do we really want someone that dumb and impulsive? He's pretty much in the exact same situation he was in New York. Does he really think EJ Manuel is going to get him over the hump?

It was a really dumb move, just to feed his ego's need of feeling "wanted".

Just because we didn't have a second interview schedule yet didn't mean we didn't intend on having a second one as this article indicates.
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/ex-jets_coach_rex_ryan_will_have_second_interview_with_buffalo_bills_on_saturday_source_confirms.html

Buffalo just out hustled us and beat us to the punch.

Arthur fired the wrong guy. He should have hired Scot McClougan, who built the majority of San Fran and Seattle's roster, and is now in DC. Then Arthur should have got his nose completely OUT of the football business and let McClougan make the yea/nay decision on Smitty and any new hires.

This is Atlanta Falcons 1983 all over again:

Smith = Bennett

Playoff Loss to San Fran = loss to Dallas

Josh McDaniels = Dan Henning

There're a lot of parallels here

Because let's be real. The 49ers just got rid of a coach that took them to the NFC Championship game 3 times in a row because he had a big personality.

Rex Ryan also has a big personality so it's basically walking into failure for him.

I mean would you want to work for an organization who's number 1 goal isn't winning but instead is being able to be subservient to the GM?

rumor was the problem was the coach more then the GM. Players werent getting along with him and he was kinda like a patrino here. Treating them like kids and not men.

I think rex would of been a good fit there.

Arthur fired the wrong guy. He should have hired Scot McClougan, who built the majority of San Fran and Seattle's roster, and is now in DC. Then Arthur should have got his nose completely OUT of the football business and let McClougan make the yea/nay decision on Smitty and any new hires.

This is Atlanta Falcons 1983 all over again:

Smith = Bennett

Playoff Loss to San Fran = loss to Dallas

Josh McDaniels = Dan Henning

There're a lot of parallels here

I agree. Scot McClougan is gonna be a great GM again - provided he can stay sober.

I'm not happy that it went down this way, and I was finally warming up to the idea, but honestly, how stupid is Rex for jumping on the first offer?

Do we really want someone that dumb and impulsive? He's pretty much in the exact same situation he was in New York. Does he really think EJ Manuel is going to get him over the hump?

It was a really dumb move, just to feed his ego's need of feeling "wanted".

I think REx is a good coach. I think there are also other good coaches out there. What I don't like is TD meddling around and pushing for a guy like McDaniels, which is purely agenda driven.

And time and time again we see TD influencing decisions for selfish reasons.

This whole pile of stinking chit reeks of TD and Pioli. You know the Patriot boys ain't gonna wanna hire a coach who might get them canned from their cushy nonproductive jobs. Blank is the ultimate dumba$$ for not seeing that his GM Combo team didn't have other motives for not wanting to hire Rex. Another poster on here had it right when he stated the problem with our front office is too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. It just pi$$es me the fuk off we let the best coach available get away to a team with rookie owners because our owner wants to over think everything and while he's pi$$ing in he wind we get punked over and over.

rumor was the problem was the coach more then the GM. Players werent getting along with him and he was kinda like a patrino here. Treating them like kids and not men.

I think rex would of been a good fit there.

I had the opposite impression of the situation. Read that players still loved to play for him, I mean all the veterans had his back. It was really just a power struggle between him and the GM.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/26/7450931/reflecting-on-jim-harbaughs-tenure-why-firing-the-49ers-head-coach-is

I mean the GM wanted to trade Harbaugh to the Browns before this season started.

Oh well if somebody said it on twitter then it must be true.

If I post on twitter that Blank Hired Elvis then it will be equally true!

Oh wait,, then I can go to Wiki and edit that into the Falcons, and

it will be doubly true!

Haha! Agreed. It's amazing how the board blows up on this when we never saw anything concrete that Rex was going to be our new coach. Everything was speculation and every reporter tries to be the first to report this or that. So we didn't get Rex...boohoo. He clearly prefers to stay in that division and seems to like coaching top defenses with inept offenses. We don't fit that mold. cool.png So now we just wait for the interview process to continue and see what happens.

With that being said, Gase is still in the running. Boom! smile.png