Arthur Blank Expected To Go After A-List Hc

BirdWeisErrr_2

Yea, we all heard this a few weeks back.

What exactly is an A-List HC? Was Mike Smith considered a B-List or C-List? Was Smith considered an A-List? Petrino a D-List or A-List?

Why would it come out or be stated from the source that we are looking for an A-List? Shouldn't we always be looking for the best HC candidate possible? Why would we ever settle for someone we have listed as a B or C? Ok, so there aren't many A-List candidates available? Was Rex Ryan an A-List? Jon Gruden? Bill Cowher? Jim Harbaugh?

Surely McDaniels, Gase, Bowles, Austin etc aren't being considered as A-List are they? If they are, why would the source even say A-List? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

To the point. Maybe there is something going on behind the scene that we do not know about? Could we be trying to work out a deal for Harbaugh? Could we be talking with Gruden? Or could it be some other person that's a big name that we don't know about? Could it be that Rex was our guy and we simply dropped the ball?

IMO, something with this organization is very dysfunctional or there is something going on with some other big name that we don't know about. If we end up with some coordinator or other unproven or college coach, I just don't see how they could be considered A-List. I just hate to think it's the FO dropping the ball.

And that's another topic. Is it normal for an organization to have as many GM type people as the Falcons do? Arthur Blank has McKay, Dimitroff, Pioli, Bonner and who knows who else in his ear. Could this be a case of too many Chiefs and not enough Indians? Can too much be a negative? How do you get so many different personalities and philosophies to agree and design a plan or "process" as we have all heard too many times?

I want to believe Blank knows what he is doing and I want to believe there is a plan in place. We, as fans, should sit back and see what happens before we jump to conclusions. Because if indeed our FO is as dysfunctional as it appears at times, we are in for a long road ahead.

Maybe we'll all wipe the sweat from our eyebrows when it's over and not be looking for a cliff to jump off of.

Edited by BirdWeisErrr_2

Jason Garrett??

He can leave after their season is over. I meant to post it yesterday, but forgot. ESPN also just mentioned it and Atlanta as a possibility.

I doubt he leaves, as Jerry will match any offer. It would be a case if he is just wanting a change. We did want him in 08. He wouldn't be as bad as McDaniels, but I doubt he is taking this franchise anywhere. I didn't want him then, and don't now.

There are a lot of A-list people left, lets see

There is big Al, Alfred who is selling shoes currently, Alphonso the teacher, Adam ESPN announcer, and my fav Aunt Jackie who knows nothing about football but said she will give it a try

Arthur always stands behind his promises

Edited by Nono

The "A-list Head Coach" is an example of circulus in demonstrando, or circular reasoning. Whomever is hired will be deemed an "a-lister" because that's what Blank has promised (why would he promise anything less than the best?)

There are no A-list coaches. This league is about what have you done lately. There are no legendary coaches. But, just for Sh1ts and Giggles, let's take a look at a media-driven A-list:

Cowher: Nothing special. It took him a decade to win a SB

Gruden: He took some else's team and won. He could not sustain, because he is talk, not walk.

J Johnson: No one talks about him anymore.....for good reason.

Shanahan: Did nothing without Elway.

Saban: He would have to be nuts to leave Alabama.

L Miles: Not really NFL material

Bill Walsh: Dead

Marv Levy: Dead

Landry: Dead

Don Shula: No comment

There are no A-list guys. Any choice is a gamble. They missed a chance at a good match, now let's see what they conjure.

There are no A-list coaches. This league is about what have you done lately. There are no legendary coaches. But, just for Sh1ts and Giggles, let's take a look at a media-driven A-list:

Cowher: Nothing special. It took him a decade to win a SB

Gruden: He took some else's team and won. He could not sustain, because he is talk, not walk.

J Johnson: No one talks about him anymore.....for good reason.

Shanahan: Did nothing without Elway.

Saban: He would have to be nuts to leave Alabama.

L Miles: Not really NFL material

Bill Walsh: Dead

Marv Levy: Dead

Landry: Dead

Don Shula: No comment

There are no A-list guys. Any choice is a gamble. They missed a chance at a good match, now let's see what they conjure.

Exactly. "A-lister" is yet another buzz word.

Yea, we all heard this a few weeks back.

What exactly is an A-List HC? Was Mike Smith considered a B-List or C-List? Was Smith considered an A-List? Petrino a D-List or A-List?

Why would it come out or be stated from the source that we are looking for an A-List? Shouldn't we always be looking for the best HC candidate possible? Why would we ever settle for someone we have listed as a B or C? Ok, so there aren't many A-List candidates available? Was Rex Ryan an A-List? Jon Gruden? Bill Cowher? Jim Harbaugh?

Surely McDaniels, Gase, Bowles, Austin etc aren't being considered as A-List are they? If they are, why would the source even say A-List? That just doesn't make any sense to me.

To the point. Maybe there is something going on behind the scene that we do not know about? Could we be trying to work out a deal for Harbaugh? Could we be talking with Gruden? Or could it be some other person that's a big name that we don't know about? Could it be that Rex was our guy and we simply dropped the ball?

IMO, something with this organization is very dysfunctional or there is something going on with some other big name that we don't know about. If we end up with some coordinator or other unproven or college coach, I just don't see how they could be considered A-List. I just hate to think it's the FO dropping the ball.

And that's another topic. Is it normal for an organization to have as many GM type people as the Falcons do? Arthur Blank has McKay, Dimitroff, Pioli, Bonner and who knows who else in his ear. Could this be a case of too many Chiefs and not enough Indians? Can too much be a negative? How do you get so many different personalities and philosophies to agree and design a plan or "process" as we have all heard too many times?

I want to believe Blank knows what he is doing and I want to believe there is a plan in place. We, as fans, should sit back and see what happens before we jump to conclusions. Because if indeed our FO is as dysfunctional as it appears at times, we are in for a long road ahead.

Maybe we'll all wipe the sweat from our eyebrows when it's over and not be looking for a cliff to jump off of.

So based on history...... What a-list coach has Blank ever landed?

I know he's gone after several but who did he land?