Should The Panthers Let Cam Walk?

jb 3.0

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JB C'mon man, you're asking should the Panthers let Cam walk after last night? He had a bad game against arguably the best defense in the NFL over the last 3 or 4 years, this is the same defense that made Arod the god look mortal. No decision should be based off of last night's performance. Now, does he have to improve on his accuracy? Yes, but that is correctable especially if they move on from Shula and bring someone in who can help guide his career into the future.

That's if he's got the same agent as all the big name qbs. He pulls the sign them now or we will test fa and the price will go up.

I think they are stuck with him. Luckily Panthers fans actually think he is good.

In a month they will forget how bad he was last night and will start drinking the Kool aid again.

Meez, correctable after four seasons? Throws at feet and 3 feet over their heads? This usually happens with read option QBs who get happy feet in the pocket. This is nothing new, nust fact. I have never seen one step up and become a pure passer save Steve Young!

Yes, it is correctable under the right coaches, and he is young. I think the read option is handicapping him honestly, cause when Chud moved away from it he performed quite well. I know no one in here likes Cam or thinks he's not a good enough QB, but IMHO he along with that defense gives them the best chances to stay competitive.

I'm not saying that Cam is going to correct things, but I find it funny seeing Falcons fans saying that a QB has reached his full potential after 3-4 seasons

I seem to remember that Matt Ryan had a horrible deep ball....looked like lawn darts. Took him three or four years to get those mechanics better

Like WFW said I have only seen Steve Young turn it around (these style of QBs) and it is unlikely to happen to him, but if he can do it then it will have to be another QB coach or OC. From what I've seen and my experience I do not see it happening because when he starts to panic all his coaching flys out the window. Some QBs never can get that pocket mentality or the accuracy they need to be a big time NFL QB. The clock is ticking on him fast!

Most QBs, pocket or running will panic when there's constant pressure on them. We've seen what happens to Ryan and Brees when the oline is not up to par. I think MR and DB are the better passers, but Cam's running is an asset under those kind of conditions. With better coaching or a different system i think Cam can flourish as a runner and a passer.

He maybe inaccurate when running at times but he did make plays while doing it..

What about the play in Atlanta where he was running and hit Philly on a 30 yard pass perfectly..

Does Cam also get any consideration for being injured most of the season and working with a whole new group of WR.. Which he had no off season to work with...

Cam proved he can be a passer in his first couple years. The read option should be used sparingly, you know just to keep it in the defense's mind. Cam was obviously injured this year and trying to make him still a runner was asinine in my opinion.

After his performance last night, it sure seems silly to give him the kind of contract Ryan received from the Falcons.

Trolling? Jb?

His big contract would've only been deserved if he tore apart one of the best secondaries in NFL history? Something Peyton and Rodgers' (I name them because they are two of the best in the league currently playing) couldn't even do in Seattle?

Edit: Sorry bro, That is as stupid as someone saying that a qb only deserved a big payday back in the day, if they tore apart the Bucs elite defense of the early 00s.

That's your opinion we will see with better coaching and weapons around him..

So you think Newton possesses the same quarterback intelligence levels of Manning, Brady, Brees, Flacco, Wilson, Luck, Rivers, Ryan, Romo, etc? Somebody who can dissect a defense and correct the offensive schemes on the fly to take advantage of what the defense is offering?

Newton sits on the sidelines after each series and allows his offensive coordinator to dissect the defenses for him. He never looks at the computers or pictures. There's a reason for that.

JB C'mon man, you're asking should the Panthers let Cam walk after last night? He had a bad game against arguably the best defense in the NFL over the last 3 or 4 years, this is the same defense that made Arod the god look mortal. No decision should be based off of last night's performance. Now, does he have to improve on his accuracy? Yes, but that is correctable especially if they move on from Shula and bring someone in who can help guide his career into the future.

It's more about paying him like an elite QB. I wouldn't!