Hilariously Unrealistic Fanspeak Mock

Kayoh

8: R1P8 - WR AMARI COOPER, ALABAMA

BPA because Beasley was already taken and I'm not interested in Gregory or Ray. The edge rusher depth both in this draft class AND in this year's FA pool are deep enough that we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on one, especially if a value like Cooper falls to us. Julio + Cooper on the outside, Roddy can move to the slot where he seems to be significantly more effective, but now he can do it full-time.

42: R2P10 - C CAMERON ERVING, FLORIDA STATE

Hawley is okay. Stone is okay. Cameron Erving is the best C prospect to come out since Travis Frederick, who's currently the best run blocking C in the NFL. This is another BPA style value pick, and in my opinion, Erving is a day one starter and potential MVP candidate for our OL.

73: R3P9 - DE MARKUS GOLDEN, MISSOURI

He's basically a slower version of Shane Ray but with a better motor. Very well worth this pick. With the addition of a guy like Brandon Graham and/or Pernell McPhee, the need to draft an edge rusher high decreases and we can draft more based on value. In this case Golden was the best non-WR pick available since we already got Cooper in this class.

104: R4P8 - RB TODD GURLEY, GEORGIA

And this is where the mock gets ridiculously unrealistic. Gurley was just sitting there, waiting for me to take him. If he actually drops this far, I'd be ecstatic to grab him even despite the injury concern and lack of value I place on the RB position.

138: R5P10 - DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA, UCLA

Very underrated guy who actually REMINDS ME of Pernell McPhee. He's got tweener DE/OLB size at 6'3 270, just like McPhee, and he's just as effective rushing from the inside as he is coming off the edge, also just like McPhee. If we can't get Pernell McPhee, I'd be ecstatic to get this guy instead, especially if it only costs a 5th round pick.

169: R6P9 - WR MATT MILLER, BOISE STATE

Watching this guy play and I'm constantly reminded of Jordy Nelson. Very similar size, very similar play style, if Matt Miller had a halfway decent QB with a halfway decent arm, he'd probably be getting talked about as a 3rd round pick, if not higher. I think he'll end up running a mid-4.4s 40 and that'll probably increase his draft stock, so this is another pick I see as somewhat unrealistic.

200: R7P8 - OT AUSTIN SHEPHERD, ALABAMA

Alabama's current starting right tackle. Drafting him here to play GUARD, which I think he can be EXCELLENT at. Not sure if you guys remember, but Carl Nicks was an OT coming out of college and got kicked inside to guard where he was a perennial all-pro until the MRSA issue hit. I think Shepherd can be that guy for us.

223: R7P31 - TE JEAN SIFRIN, UMASS

Incredible athlete who can be our version of Jimmy Graham. 6'7 250, ridiculously inconsistent, but the kind of redzone target we could really use at TE.