Let's Play A Game.

Cut Curtis Lofton, save 4 mil

Cut David Hawthorne save 3 mil

Cut Jahri Evans save 6 mil

restructure/extend/cut Colston save 4 mil

Cut Rafael Bush save 2 mil

thats 19

Brees might restructure and save 7-8 mil

all in all, not as much as people think. Those 2 linebackers already suck, Evans is on the decline. Colston is whatever.

thats 19

all in all, not as much as people think. Those 2 linebackers already suck, Evans is on the decline. Colston is whatever.

I said when they extended him last offseason, that they might just end up cutting Bush this offseason.

I said when they extended him last offseason, that they might just end up cutting Bush this offseason.

if you do Lofton and Evans as June 1st cuts they would save 18 mil only from those 2.

if the site is correct. This is kind of fun to do even for our own team.

It isn't nearly as bad as it looks. They can cut or restructure a few declining/overpaid guys and get under the cap. Loomis does a lot of re-structureing contracts too.

Lofton, Bunkley, Colston, Hawthrone, Bush are all guys that could go. They will have to replace them and it will hurt some but nothing catastrophic. It sucks really. Loomis signs these guys to big backloaded deals, and then cuts them before huge numbers come in, and they are declining by then anyway.

Also, last I checked, Gallete has a huge number for just next yr. It may be possible for that to be re-worked into some type of bonus or something. I don't know really.

thats 19

They gotta have at least 5ish mil to sign draft picks too so you really need to get them 25 mil under...

It would not shock me to see Byrd get cut a year after signing a big deal.

They have work to do but it is manageable.........they are going to lose a lot more veteran leadership

Yeah, they are going to lose some vet guys. Most are declining/overpaid but they are still going to feel it. Just like Sproles was a big loss for them.