Bills Moving In On Rex Ryan, Falcons "dragging Their Feet"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only fear with Quinn is that some other team like the Jets decide to wait for him as well, then he picks them over us. I do not believe that will happen, since we are probably a better fit for him and a better team, but the Jets did have a top ten defense and have a ton of cap, but you cannot really put a price on having a QB already.

I also worry about lack of coaches, if we wait that long. Seattle will likely just give Kris Richard the job of DC and they will move on pretty quickly, but we will need to find a DC, and other position coaches for the job. I think we keep armstrong as our ST Coord. Hopefully Kyle is not taken before then.

it will depend how much Quinn will value the QB part. Seattle found Wilson in the 3rd, maybe he is arrogant enough to think he could develop his own QB and continue building the Jets as a running defensive team, which they already have in place.

it will depend how much Quinn will value the QB part. Seattle found Wilson in the 3rd, maybe he is arrogant enough to think he could develop his own QB and continue building the Jets as a running defensive team, which they already have in place.

Gus Bus got a QB in the first round, so I do not think we can rely on Quinn being that arrogant. I do think they could convince the Redskins to part with RG3 and have him reunite with Kyle, which could spell trouble, but I think we have more pieces than people give us credit for. We were just missing major pieces. If we bring in a LEO type guy and a good FS, I think this defense could be top 10-15.( this also stipulates that we resign Spoon to a prove it deal and he stays healthy or Spruill stays healthy.

LEO Hageman Soliai Jackson

Spoon/Spruill Worrilow/Draft Shembo/Bartu

Alford FS Moore Trufant

That could be a very good defense in the 4-3 under system for his first year. After his second/third, he would make upgrades to guys like Jackson/Soliai.

Gus Bus got a QB in the first round, so I do not think we can rely on Quinn being that arrogant. I do think they could convince the Redskins to part with RG3 and have him reunite with Kyle, which could spell trouble, but I think we have more pieces than people give us credit for. We were just missing major pieces. If we bring in a LEO type guy and a good FS, I think this defense could be top 10-15.( this also stipulates that we resign Spoon to a prove it deal and he stays healthy or Spruill stays healthy.

Alford FS Moore Trufant

That could be a very good defense in the 4-3 under system for his first year. After his second/third, he would make upgrades to guys like Jackson/Soliai.

linebackers would still be a problem

buffalo seems like the jets all over again, unless they let him have more player control

They're a cluster****. Bill Polian wouldn't take a job there, then Marrone and Orton walked.

He's got a good D to work with, that was just converted to a 4-3 from the 3-4 that Pettine brough from the Jets the previous year.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

I can't believe he took the job.

Holy crap quit yer bitching! Is this what we've become? Are we going to stop pilfering the sorry Jaguars and begin pilfering the sorry Jets? Why was EVERYBODY so high on Rex? The guy failed just as hard as Mike Smith! Pathetic that some of you had all your eggs in the basket of a coach with a track record just like the one we let go. Bring in somebody new.

I'm glad the Falcons organization had the foresight to not hire Ryan. To me, he was not the best candidate on the board. This team is in desperate need of a long term solution for a head coach. The two AFC championship games that Rex supporters hang their hats is correlated to the lack of talent and player development the opposition have taken their stance on. In the 09 and 10 NFL draft the Jets had a combine total of 7 draft picks. Tannebaum and Ryan's "all in" mentality to bring their team a Superbowl paid immediate dividends as they got to back to back championship games.

The problem with this is your window of success is small. With lack of draft picks comes a lack of fresh blood, and a decrease in the probability of players becoming better and helping the team grow. Because they didn't have players to cultivate, and didn't have a full draft until 2011, meant that their talent pool for the 2011 season would be less than desirable in finding young talented players. I commend them for the absolute b@lls it took them both to attempt that move, but it was ultimately their undoing.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

Alford FS Moore Trufant

That defense still wouldn't be very good because the linebackers would still be awful.

I'm glad the Falcons organization had the foresight to not hire Ryan. To me, he was not the best candidate on the board. This team is in desperate need of a long term solution for a head coach. The two AFC championship games that Rex supporters hang their hats is correlated to the lack of talent and player development the opposition have taken their stance on. In the 09 and 10 NFL draft the Jets had a combine total of 7 draft picks. Tannebaum and Ryan's "all in" mentality to bring their team a Superbowl paid immediate dividends as they got to back to back championship games.

The problem with this is your window of success is small. With lack of draft picks comes a lack of fresh blood, and a decrease in the probability of players becoming better and helping the team grow. Because they didn't have players to cultivate, and didn't have a full draft until 2011, meant that their talent pool for the 2011 season would be less than desirable in finding young talented players. I commend them for the absolute b@lls it took them both to attempt that move, but it was ultimately their undoing.

Not to mention the AFC was the weaker of the two conferences that year. In 2009 the Falcons beat the Jets in their building and both teams finished the season at 9-7 and the Jets made the playoffs and the Falcons didn't. In the AFC that year the playoff teams were 14-2 Colts, 13-3 Chargers, 10-6 Patriots, 10-6 Bengals, 9-7 Ravens and 9-7 Jets. The playoff teams in the NFC that year were 13-3 Saints, 12-4 Vikings, 11-5 Cowboys, 11-5 Eagles, 11-5 Packers and 10-6 Cardinals. The Jets playoff wins to get to the AFC Championship game that year were over the Bengals (The Bengals still haven't won a playoff game since 1990.) and the Colts (One of 9 different times Peyton Manning's team has gone 1 and done in the playoffs.)

The AFC was better in 2010. The Jets beat the Colts (Yawn, Peyton Manning and one of 9 different times his team has been 1 and done in the playoffs.) before beating the Patriots. Now that was impressive since beating the Patriots on their field doesn't happen much, and very rarely happens in the playoffs unless you're the Ravens.

That defense still wouldn't be very good because the linebackers would still be awful.

For his first year? that would be good enough, plus I think actually putting guys in their proper position will help a lot. Tjax does not belong in the middle. Kroy does not belong on this team. Bartu is an SLB not a WLB.

I am just saying that for a first year, that is an improvement.

For his first year? that would be good enough, plus I think actually putting guys in their proper position will help a lot. Tjax does not belong in the middle. Kroy does not belong on this team. Bartu is an SLB not a WLB.

I am just saying that for a first year, that is an improvement.

Better than the 2014 defense isn't hard to do considering the 2014 defense was one of the worst in NFL history. Not many teams have ever averaged giving up 400 yards per game. In terms of yards given up its the worst season in Falcons franchise history. So it has not where to go but up. Bowles coaching alone will make it an improvement but there still needs to be a huge upgrade in talent.