Bills Moving In On Rex Ryan, Falcons "dragging Their Feet"

Why does everyone think we wanted him in the first place? Was someone there for the interview and saw how it went? What if one of the other candidates is higher on the Falcons radar? It insane how tunnel locked the board is on a guy who hasnt had a winning record in 4 seasons compiling a 26-38 record....but then again maybe they're waiting to interview all candidates on their list and if Rex is impatient then ahh well.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as curious as all the other rival fans about who the Falcons select.

I don't understand all the Bills hate. Bills had a 9-7 record last season... They just drafted a franchise WR, they have the pieces to build an elite defense and he would probably get to install anyone he wants at the qb position. Not to mention, he probably wouldn't have to move (if that is a factor for him, even if he does, it wouldn't be that far, compared to San Fran or Atlanta). Then the "screw you" chances he'd get against the Jets twice a year, and the opportunity to dethrone the Pats. .

Bills have a lot going for them also. Just like the 9ers and Falcons do.

I'm as curious as all the other rival fans about who the Falcons select.

I don't understand all the Bills hate. Bills had a 9-7 record last season... They just drafted a franchise WR, they have the pieces to build an elite defense and he would probably get to install anyone he wants at the qb position. Not to mention, he probably wouldn't have to move (if that is a factor for him, even if he does, it wouldn't be that far, compared to San Fran or Atlanta). Then the "screw you" chances he'd get against the Jets twice a year, and the opportunity to dethrone the Pats. .

Bills have a lot going for them also. Just like the 9ers and Falcons do.

they have no QB and no 1st round pick. There is no QB in free agency. The Bills are at least 2 years from winning anything IMO.

they have no QB and no 1st round pick. There is no QB in free agency. The Bills are at least 2 years from winning anything IMO.

Sanchez. I know it's screwy. The heart wants what the heart wants though...and I believe Sanchez was always Rex's Qb. I still remember Rex getting a little broken up over their split.

I'd rather the Falcons do their due diligence, than rush to making an impulse decision on a coach like Ryan. Quin and Ryan bring the same defensive guru hype with them, so at least give the front office enough time to interview and evaluate. I really don't get the Rex Ryan love.

Just the other day the reporter out of SF said the 49ers were the front runners.

Well there's an unbiased report for you. A SF reporter saying the 49ers were the front runner. He has no clue like nobody else has a clue.

Edited by fuego

Maybe Rex doesn't want to go against his brother at least twice a season.

I know that was somewhat an issue for the Harbaugh's once and also Peyton Manning.

Maybe that is also why the Saints kept Rob Ryan, so we won't hire Rex.

I think that's a huge stretch. The media & the NFL loves to beat the drum on sibling rivalries.

Not to mention the sibling rivalry & bragging rights between the two brothers, something tells me it runs pretty deep.

The #Falcons plan on bringing in finalists for another round of interviews, and my understanding is Rex Ryan will be among them.

Up to this point we had only interviewed Quinn, Gase, McDaniels, Armstrong, Marrone, and Ryan. Quinn, McDaniels, and Gase can not be interviewed again until their season is over, unless their team grant them permission during the bye week prior to the SB. I don't see Armstrong and Marrone as legitimate candidates.