I Like The Way Blank Is Re-Shaping The Organization

MSalmon

In a way I like the blank looking at "extroverted" HCs to handle media and motivate, and he himself taking a larger role in media. I say this because after having read everything I can on patriots , Pioli and TD..both strike me as best suited in the "introverted" but mastermind behind the scenes roles...they are those mad geniuses that you give a laptop, whiteboard and stats to and say go in a room and find players for this scheme. Kinda like belichik used them

Also, TD and Pioli have a strong personal and professional connection and compliment each other's strenghts and counterbalance each other's weakness...plug vital who also has that same connection with TDand Pioli and you get a strong problem solving and personnel team.

I'm actually warming to the idea of Rex as that extrovert coach.

If I had to pick candidates I'd hire it'd be in this order:

1) Sexy a Rexy

2) DanQuinn

3) Josh McDaniels

All three in their own way are bullheaded enough to provide proper tension and input to the introvert team of Pioli/TD and Vital. And all three will benefit from keeping focus on football and scheme and strategy and provide clear input on team needs

I do have pros and cons of each:

1) Sexy rexy:

Pros:

A) immediate face of franchise

B). immediate defensive improvement

C) quick return to playoffs

Cons:

A) can he sustain success?

B) 4 straight seasons of mediocrity and failure with the

C) He could possibly neglect of offensive side of ball

2) Dan Quinn

Pros:

A) Excellent defensive resume

B). immediate defensive improvement

C) we have the right interior players for his scheme

Cons:

A) can he attain success?

B) Like belichik, Pete C's coaches haven't fared well as HCs

C) He could possibly neglect of offensive side of ball

3) Josh Mcdaniels:

Pros:

A) Excellent offensive resume

B). immediate offensive improvement

C) we have the right QB for him

D) History with TD and Pioli:

Cons:

A) can he attain success?

B) Tenure in Denver was rocky

C) will need a strong DC

D) Is history with TD and Pioli a strength?

Im great with the front office formation, but think the HC hire must be a home run.

Who would you pick as HC? Thoughts?

Yes I like Arthur's devotion but I wonder if he trust people too much and maybe a little too loyal, ala McKay and Dimitroff. Their butts would have been fired by other owners.

I don't doubt Arthur yearns for a Lombardi trophy but wonder if he has the toughness and almost mean personality it takes to win it all. He may just be a victom of his own kindness and should step back from football operations and let the real football junkies take over.

Edited by Nono

Guest Homer the Brave

The fact that he repositioned them to new responsibilities, just reeks of them setting up to hire McDaniels. The only hope I have is that Rex told them he wanted such and such to happen before he came back for a second interview.

Who knows, maybe Rex and the Falcons have a handshake deal with Rex or McDaniels, and are just finishing these interviews for formality sake. The five hour interview with Rex was very curious to me.

Introverts can have gonads as well and if TD and SP are masterminds etc,they would not have allowed the last two seasons. They would have addressed TS and MN. If they are as you say, geniuses they have failed and need to move-on to anutter less org. ASAP!

Your responses simplistic and myopic...the last two seasons--as painful as they were--were necessary.it made little sense to fire Smitty after one 4-12 season. It also made little sense to fire Smitty after our team began to play well this season.it made tons of sense once Smitty butchered early games and the team collaped against Carolina to fire Smitty. Bottom line, injuries aside,he had peak d Asa coach.

What we saw from these two bad seasons is some talent..both sides of the ball..we also found gaping holes and that the HC couldn't adapt to his talent level and the evolving NFL. We also saw in these years under Smitty that when the HC hired new coordinators and "changed" schemes TD and then Pioli went and found appropriate players for that scheme. Even more telling on the reason to fire Smitty, is he didn't seem to trust his coordinators scheme and for whatever reason played acquired players either sparingly or out of position

The fact that he repositioned them to new responsibilities, just reeks of them setting up to hire McDaniels. The only hope I have is that Rex told them he wanted such and such to happen before he came back for a second interview.

Who knows, maybe Rex and the Falcons have a handshake deal with Rex or McDaniels, and are just finishing these interviews for formality sake. The five hour interview with Rex was very curious to me.

Id place bets on the hire being sexy rexy or McDaniels frankly either are fine with me

I wonder is his head right. He had to bury his mother. He should make a decision thats best for the franchise and fans who pays tickets.

And not make decisions based on what td and pioli wants. He should know they are only trying to save their jobs with choosing the midget(mcdaniels)

As you stated they all have their pro's and cons.Imho Josh McDaniel is a viable candidate and I feel like he will do well BUT just as there is a tidal wave to hire Ryan there is an unfair slam for Josh not to be the Coach. People just don't like he knows TD. I don't know if this is the right way but AB may not be willing to go through a few months of negative fans. The BIG key to all this is WHO they are going to hire for HC and DC and Staff. Bowles may be the best pick for the 2 worlds. Some act like Rex can walk on water and want to forget the last two years of follies with the Jets. He probably is the guy IF he doesn't come in here riding a chariot, is willing to humble himself a little and hire the right Staff. With all the openings there are some good Coaches out there to be hired to make a strong Staff. Both San F. OC and DC are out there as well as others and we have to keep Mike Tice.

First, can we please refrain from calling him "Sexy Rexy"?

Awkward.

First, can we please refrain from calling him "Sexy Rexy"?

Awkward.

No we cannot. The guy clamors for media attention with his childish and unprofessional behavior. He feeds the media with his off field antics. Therefore, he deserves derision such as "Sexy Rexy." I don't care who they hire as long as that guy can win and show some good game day on-field management. But of all the candidates we have heard of, Rex Ryan conducts himself less like a professional than any of them. In fact, I cannot think of any HC in the NFL who conducts himself like FU and GD Sexy Rexy.

If you want him as HC (I do not), then be prepared for this sort of reaction from the media and public alike.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

Your responses simplistic and myopic...the last two seasons--as painful as they were--were necessary.it made little sense to fire Smitty after one 4-12 season. It also made little sense to fire Smitty after our team began to play well this season.it made tons of sense once Smitty butchered early games and the team collaped against Carolina to fire Smitty. Bottom line, injuries aside,he had peak d Asa coach.

What we saw from these two bad seasons is some talent..both sides of the ball..we also found gaping holes and that the HC couldn't adapt to his talent level and the evolving NFL. We also saw in these years under Smitty that when the HC hired new coordinators and "changed" schemes TD and then Pioli went and found appropriate players for that scheme. Even more telling on the reason to fire Smitty, is he didn't seem to trust his coordinators scheme and for whatever reason played acquired players either sparingly or out of position

I think he trusted his coordinators too much. His trust with his coordinators is what got him fired. I think part of ot was pressure from the top especially with nolan. I dont see nolan as a Dc anymore in the NFL. I can see coach smith in the nfl coaching again.

I think he trusted his coordinators too much. His trust with his coordinators is what got him fired. I think part of ot was pressure from the top especially with nolan. I dont see nolan as a Dc anymore in the NFL. I can see coach smith in the nfl coaching again.

This is a great point

No we cannot. The guy clamors for media attention with his childish and unprofessional behavior. He feeds the media with his off field antics. Therefore, he deserves derision such as "Sexy Rexy." I don't care who they hire as long as that guy can win and show some good game day on-field management. But of all the candidates we have heard of, Rex Ryan conducts himself less like a professional than any of them. In fact, I cannot think of any HC in the NFL who conducts himself like FU and GD Sexy Rexy.If you want him as HC (I do not), then be prepared for this sort of reaction from the media and public alike.

Lol classic

As you stated they all have their pro's and cons.Imho Josh McDaniel is a viable candidate and I feel like he will do well BUT just as there is a tidal wave to hire Ryan there is an unfair slam for Josh not to be the Coach. People just don't like he knows TD. I don't know if this is the right way but AB may not be willing to go through a few months of negative fans. The BIG key to all this is WHO they are going to hire for HC and DC and Staff. Bowles may be the best pick for the 2 worlds. Some act like Rex can walk on water and want to forget the last two years of follies with the Jets. He probably is the guy IF he doesn't come in here riding a chariot, is willing to humble himself a little and hire the right Staff. With all the openings there are some good Coaches out there to be hired to make a strong Staff. Both San F. OC and DC are out there as well as others and we have to keep Mike Tice.

Interesting points. I do like Quinn quite a bit...Bowles? I'm ambivalent on him

I think McDaniels might be great...belichik brought him back, and had zero issues that makes me think he may have mellowed since Denver

Pioloi doing the FA/Draft, TD doing the rest= Best GM Combo ever!

Way to go , Mr Blank!

Now,

Go spend some Major Green on a Coach that Already has a few Rings!

Examples,

Gruden- 15 million should get him out of that lame booth!

Shanhan- probably work for free

Cower-10 million

Dungy-15 million retired

Holmgren-10 million

JJohnson-15 million--> his hair treatments

You serious on the coaching candidates?

Yeah I like everything that has been done so far. I sit here and read about how angry everyone is and I just kinda laugh. At first it was Smith, get rid of Smith rabble rabble rabble! Then it moved on to TD, rabble rabble rabble! Now that they're both either gone or snipped its Arthurs turn, rabble rabble rabble! It's like a soap opera around here it is actually getting kind of sad.

Introverts can have gonads as well and if TD and SP are masterminds etc,they would not have allowed the last two seasons. They would have addressed TS and MN. If they are as you say, geniuses they have failed and need to move-on to anutter less org. ASAP!

Not saying TD is totally innocent,

But even if he drafted pass rushers

They would have been benched, in favor of

Future HOF kroy biermann.

Yes I like Arthur's devotion but I wonder if he trust people too much and maybe a little too loyal, ala McKay and Dimitroff. Their butts would have been fired by other owners.

I don't doubt Arthur yearns for a Lombardi trophy but wonder if he has the toughness and almost mean personality it takes to win it all. He may just be a victom of his own kindness and should step back from football operations and let the real football junkies take over.

Delusional - This guy trusts no one.

Guest Homer the Brave

You'd have to be on black tar heroin...If you think TD is a genius.

Thomas Dimitroff is one of the more respected GMs in the league. He orchestrated a transformation from the Falcons being a laughing stock to a respectable force in this league. He didnt all of a sudden get dumb. I want TD to be a part of the Falcon Nation for a long time.