Our Head Coaching Decision May Hinge On Tomorrows Games

Guest Mr Plow

While I understand due dilligence, I do NOT understand the delay. It shouldn't take weeks to determine the top candidate. The early bird gets the worm. Identify the top candidate and go get him before other teams do instead of finishing second while doing the tenth interview.

I want a coach before the SB as well, waiting until february will mean all the good coordinators and other staff members will be scooped up by teams who already hired coaches and we will be left with scraps. And say we wait for the SB, and someone else does too and the coach we want chooses the other team, also not good.

That being said McDaniels would be a terrible pick.

While I understand due dilligence, I do NOT understand the delay. It shouldn't take weeks to determine the top candidate. The early bird gets the worm. Identify the top candidate and go get him before other teams do instead of finishing second while doing the tenth interview.

Arthur had to bury is mother

I can't see Blank waiting until after the Super Bowl to hire a coach

Its a two edge blade.

One side, your chances of landing a really good coach are quite favorable.

Other side, there are fewer coaches remaining to fill the roles at OC,DC and Etc.

Right now, there are a ton of coaches who are ready to move up

the food chain. (coaching staff's of 24 teams)

I think Coach Joe De will move up the ladder to DC somewhere.

Our guy (Armstrong) deserves a promotion too.

There is a fine line between waiting for the best to become available and

getting somebody good and being able to get good coaches on his staff.

I'm just amazed at all the people here who say they are done if McDaniels become the coach. I may go through and note everyone who has said they are done, so that when they come back we can call them on it. McDaniels was not a bad HC. Remember he went 8-0 to start off his career before everything went south. He had issues with two players , who are now known as head cases. Yes, he made a huge blunder with the whole Tebow pick, and that seems to be what everyone remembers him for. He was 32 or 33 years old. If he quits trying to be little Belicheck and realizes he has to earn respect first, I think he is the best Candidate for us. With our Offense, and his offensive mind, all we need is a middle of the road defense, and we are in the thick of things

I'm just amazed at all the people here who say they are done if McDaniels become the coach. I may go through and note everyone who has said they are done, so that when they come back we can call them on it. McDaniels was not a bad HC. Remember he went 8-0 to start off his career before everything went south. He had issues with two players , who are now known as head cases. Yes, he made a huge blunder with the whole Tebow pick, and that seems to be what everyone remembers him for. He was 32 or 33 years old. If he quits trying to be little Belicheck and realizes he has to earn respect first, I think he is the best Candidate for us. With our Offense, and his offensive mind, all we need is a middle of the road defense, and we are in the thick of things

Middle of the road defense hasn't worked. We need top 10 in the nfc. Because your facing most of the top 10 being in the nfc. Our offense is set with oc, we don't need a offensive hc. But a dc wont change this team the way we need it. Power to make the decisions personnel and system wise. This entire team would get better with rex vs just the offense with mcdaniels

Nah, we need a new DC, not necessarily a defensive coach.

I've been watching a team the last 10 years that has never had a bad azz defense. Top 5-10 offense but never defense. That needs to change or will be just like the Colts or dallas. Done being run of the mill, a defensive coach does that not a dc. Nolan was our defensive mind and we ended up last.

I've been watching a team the last 10 years that has never had a bad azz defense. Top 5-10 offense but never defense. That needs to change or will be just like the Colts or dallas. Done being run of the mill, a defensive coach does that not a dc. Nolan was our defensive mind and we ended up last.

Other than Seattle, the last couple of SB winners did not have elite (top 5) defenses, and that includes the Ravens (it's just that the Ravens play physical).

Edited by JerseyNo12

I do no agree about that game having any bearing on the hire myself. While I do not claim much football knowledge, I did retire as a mid-level manager from a very large corporate entity, and I understand Mr. Blank well in regard to "his process." He will not hire anyone until they undergo a second interview. Therefore, we can expect a second round of interviews next week, and most probably a hiring decision by no later than the end of next week IMHO.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

I really feel that if New England loses tomorrow McDaniels will be our new Coach. If NE wins, and Seattle some how loses, then we go after Quinn. If both win, then we probably go after Rex. If both lose, I still think it will be McDaniel. Just a gut feeling. I think Blank wants a New coach in place before the Super Bowl

Personally, I think we know who we want, and more than likely it's already been decided between the two parties ---- therefore, I don't think it'll really matter how this weekends' games turn out.

I don't have any proof of this, of course, just a gut feeling. I mean, if we're locked in on a coordinator who is still playing, I think we wait on him, if he's already made a commitment.

If who we want, isn't still playing, then we'll probably get an announcement sometime next week.

If it's Sexy Rexy we're zeroed in on, then all bets are off ---- it'll only be a matter of gettin' their ducks in a row on salary, length of contract, etc., and he'll be announced as our new HC.

And really, I'm O. K. with that. Just a bit of trepidation as to how his garish personality will mesh with our players, the media and the laid back Southern folks of this fine city!

But, we'll see ---