Esiason: ‘Is Scott Pioli Going To Go In There And Ruin That Franchise Like He Did Kansas City’

VTCrunkler

http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/09/esiason-is-scott-pioli-going-to-go-in-there-and-ruin-that-franchise-like-he-did-kansas-city/

FLOWERY BRANCH While CBS analyst Boomer Esiason is a staunch Rex Ryan supporter for the Atlanta Falcons, hes not too high on assistant general manager Scott Pioli.

(Rex Ryan) would be the perfect fit for the Atlanta Falcons, but is Scott Pioli

Boomer Esiason, CBS Sports analyst.

Boomer Esiason, CBS Sports analyst.

going to go in there and ruin that franchise like he did Kansas City, Esiason said will doing a segment on the Rick and Jaime Show on 92.9 The Game on Friday.

He was asked his interpretation of the Falcons restructured front office.

That means basically that (general manager Thomas Dimitroffs) been cut off at the knees by a guy he formerly worked with and for up there in New England, Esiason said. This is what happens in this world. In the NFL, basically they cannibalize each other. They eat each other. They eat their young like Piranhas. Its a dysfunctional group of people that live in a dysfunctional world that back-stab each other . . . I would hope and pray that Scott has figured out what he did wrong in Kansas City and how he just completely turned that franchise upside down and inside out.

He categorized Piolis tenure in Kansas City as a failure.

How did he ruin the chiefs? They had a good defense when he was there, he kpet charles,

He drafted tyson jackson

Poe

Houston

Some others as well..

He put that drfense which is far better then ours together while he was there.

I dnt think he made the roster worse, but he didnt make a huge jump with what he had either .

“I’m sure that Arthur Blank appreciates some of the success that the New England Patriots have had. That’s probably why he hired Dimitroff in the first place and that’s why he’s probably bringing in Pioli in the second place.

“These guys are all political animals. They know how to play the game and how to talk to these owners. They know how to get themselves back in the mix as somebody who knows what they are doing.”

Esiason believe that if Dimitroff and Pioli win-out that Josh McDaniels would be the new coach.

I believe whole heartedly in my heart that Rex Ryan creating a defense to go against Cam Newton, to go against Drew Brees and whoever Tampa decides to draft No. 1 whether it be Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston, you’re going to have to have a defensive mentality going into those games because if your quarterback is off just a little bit, you can actually win a game 17-13, which I believe would be music to the Atlanta Falcons fans’ ears.

How did he ruin the chiefs? They had a good defense when he was there, he kpet charles,

He drafted tyson jackson

Poe

Houston

Some others as well..

He put that drfense which is far better then ours together while he was there.

I dnt think he made the roster worse, but he didnt make a huge jump with what he had either .

Then the Chiefs make two roster moves with Alex Smith and Andy Reid and they go from 2-14 to 11-5 the following season (starting the season 9-0). Yeah, Pioli did such a terrible job.

I believe whole heartedly in my heart that Rex Ryan creating a defense to go against Cam Newton, to go against Drew Brees and whoever Tampa decides to draft No. 1 whether it be Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston, you’re going to have to have a defensive mentality going into those games because if your quarterback is off just a little bit, you can actually win a game 17-13, which I believe would be music to the Atlanta Falcons fans’ ears.

You make a good point.

Interestingly, with Ryan under center, we've never finished any season with more than 5 games scoring 17 points or less, with a total of 25 games out of 110 he's started (22%). Of those, we lost 22 of the 25. Those 22 losses accounts for 43% of our total losses with Ryan starting.

Oh and also interesting is that 11 of those 25 games with 17 points or less scored were against Division Rivals (44%) and that accounts for 10 of those losses.

The guy wasn't a total failure in Kansas City. They sent more people to the Pro Bowl one year than any other team and won like 2 games or something. He drafted and signed a lot of talented players. He didn't hit on everyone but no one does.

He made a fatal error in thinking Matt Cassel was a franchise QB. Other than that he did a good job except some coaching hires. He wasn't flawless, but he didn't ruin that team. They have been a contender since he left under Reid and that is with Alex Smith at QB. QB is still an issue there and Pioli is part of the blame there.

Edited by jeffro2000

Then the Chiefs make two roster moves with Alex Smith and Andy Reid and they go from 2-14 to 11-5 the following season (starting the season 9-0). Yeah, Pioli did such a terrible job.

Exactly. I would prefer Pioli to be our GM over TD in a heart beat.

hired romeo crennel (aka pats buddies.. hope that doesnt happen here), signed matt cassel (pats again), let the team become dependent on dwayne bowe and signed him to an extension (0 tds this year), let brandon carr go... traded away tony gonzalez and replaced him with javier arenas. also drafted tyson jackson number 3 overall.

now we're bringing all of his boys over here smh.

whoa whoa, im not defending nor attacking him.. dang lol

Im just saying, he did bring in some talent, like u said, a qb and a good coach brought them along..

At least give him a chance i think.