Dwight Lowery, S, 2.5mil/yr
Antone Smith, RB, 1mil/yr

Quizz Rodgers, RB, 1.5mil/yr

Josh Wilson, CB, 1mil/yr

Gabe Carimi, OG/OT, 1mil/yr

FA:

Mike Iupati, OG, 8mil/yr
Charles Clay, TE, 4mil/yr

Paul Posluszny, ILB, 4mil/yr (likely to be cut, 30, coming off injury and would be making 7.45mil with JAX next season)

Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, 7mil/yr

Stephen Paea, DT, 4.5mil/yr

AFTER FA CAP ROOM: ~7.5mil

Trade:

5th & 7th round pick for Arthur Brown, LB

· Fast, athletic and good in coverage. Would be used mostly in nickel situations. Traded because he has not been able to find a way into a starting role with Baltimore's great LB corps, has been shopped around and recently suffered an injury. For this price, he is worth the risk.

Draft:

1st: Shane Ray, DE/OLB

· Poor man’s Von Miller. Will be a better pro than Vic Beasley IMO. Lighting quick off the edge and not a liability vs the run. Will likely tear up the combine.

2nd: Dorial Green-Beckham, WR

· A top 10 talent. Slips due to off-field problems, however, the Falcons’ WR corps can keep him in line. Allows Roddy to assume a slot-possession role and gives the Falcons leverage in Julio contract talks while establishing a terrifying dual vertical threat.

3rd: Lorenzo Mauldin, DE/OLB

· Violent hands, sets the edge and rushes the passer very well. Not extremely athletic which is why I think he slips to the 3rd.

4th: Jeremy Langford, RB

· Great size, vision with good speed. Would be the short-yardage back for the RBBC with he and Freeman taking most of the carries.

6th: Jalston Fowler, FB (obligatory)

· The Falcons have needed a new, mean FB since Ovie tore his knee up. This is the guy (as everyone knows). Can also carry the ball, which is something the Falcons haven’t asked from their FB in about 6 years.

OFFENCE:

QB: Ryan, Renfree

WR: Julio, Roddy, DGB, Hester

RB: Freeman, Langford, Quizz, Antone

TE: Clay, Toilolo

OT: Matthews, Schraeder, Holmes, Carimi

G: Iupati, Asamoah, Gunn, Carimi

C: Hawley, Stone

FB: Fowler

DEFENCE 3-4:

OLB: Hughes, Ray, Mass, Mauldin, Maponga

DE: Jackson, Paea, Hageman, Peters, Goodman

NT: Soliai, Paea

ILB: Posluszny, Weatherspoon, Brown, Worrilow, Shembo

CB: Trufant, Alford, Wilson, Allen

FS: Lowery, Southward

SS: Moore, Ishmael

I like the Arthur Brown trade for sure. I loved him the draft and i still don't get how he was never able to get any snaps in Baltimore. I know Daryl Smith and Mosley are both good, but Brown is athletic as all get out and can thump.

I don't really have a problem with the Beckham pick either. Its something I have been debating about in my mind if he were available at our 2nd rd pick with Blank talking about how he wants to take a risk there. Definitely an option for me. The thing here is do we go RB over WR? Obviously a big name RB would make a much more impact right here. Beckham isn't going to beat out Roddy for the #2 spot or HD in the slot. His best shot at production is to rotate in. If we get a RB here then he'll get significant touches.

I don't think Mauldin falls to the 3rd, but if he does i'd love to take him. He has some powerful kits.

Motta i am fine with cutting. All of our young safeties are better already and have more potential than him anyways. I would want to hold on to Konz though. Yeah he sucks, but he still has potential. I'd kick the tires on him for this last year.

Not bad.

One main thing though is the only 4 WR and 4 CB on the roster... gonna need some more depth there for sure

There's several positions that would be loaded up with UDFAs and random depth signing. WR and CB are two of those positions. These signings would clutter the mock tbh, so I leave it out.

Keeping Zeke Motta and Peter Konz on the roster is pointless. Either way, it's such a minuscule detail.

No, its pointless, you aren't cutting either until after training camp. You aren't saving any money if they are already at the bottom of your 53 players as the deck just reshuffles and someone else will have the same cap number. Or maybe you just don't know how a salary cap functions. You can cut them because you don't like them, but don't cut them to save money, because you aren't saving more than a few hundred K.

Also, I'm getting real tired of people cutting Harry Douglas. Dude has been nothing but solid for us.

Why are you trading a 5th and 7th round pick for a bust? You can draft a better LB in the 5th round...

And lastly, why would a bad Jags team, cut one of their better players coming off an injury when they have 50 mil in cap space already. They don't need the money. Only reason they would cut him would be if he gets outplayed in training camp. And that would be a huge question mark for us, signing Jags that didnt make their 53 again...

No, its pointless, you aren't cutting either until after training camp. You aren't saving any money if they are already at the bottom of your 53 players as the deck just reshuffles and someone else will have the same cap number. Or maybe you just don't know how a salary cap functions. You can cut them because you don't like them, but don't cut them to save money, because you aren't saving more than a few hundred K.

Also, I'm getting real tired of people cutting Harry Douglas. Dude has been nothing but solid for us.

Why are you trading a 5th and 7th round pick for a bust? You can draft a better LB in the 5th round...

And lastly, why would a bad Jags team, cut one of their better players coming off an injury when they have 50 mil in cap space already. They don't need the money. Only reason they would cut him would be if he gets outplayed in training camp. And that would be a huge question mark for us, signing Jags that didnt make their 53 again...

OK genius.

1. Idgaf if cutting Konz and Motta saves a couple extra thousand. Both are useless at this point and should not be on the roster moving forward.

2. Harry is making about how much Charley Clay would make. Charles Clay would do more for the offence than Harry Douglas does.

3. Because a 5th and a 7th round pick is nothing and Brown has potential to be a very solid starter in Atlanta and possesses traits no other Falcons LBer does (speed and coverage ability).

4. The Jags would cut him because they are in complete rebuild mode (still) and he is making nearly 8mil. There's also a reason why the Jags have so much cap room, and that is because they don't like to spend all of it. Do you think that is magically going to change? No, it wont.

5. I thought this was a mock. Can you predict the future? I certainly cannot. This is just what I would like to see happen. I care very little about how realistic it is (even though it isn't that far of a stretch).

OK genius.

1. Idgaf if cutting Konz and Motta saves a couple extra thousand. Both are useless at this point and should not be on the roster moving forward.

2. Harry is making about how much Charley Clay would make. Charles Clay would do more for the offence than Harry Douglas does.

3. Because a 5th and a 7th round pick is nothing and Brown has potential to be a very solid starter in Atlanta and possesses traits no other Falcons LBer does (speed and coverage ability).

4. The Jags would cut him because they are in complete rebuild mode (still) and he is making nearly 8mil. There's also a reason why the Jags have so much cap room, and that is because they don't like to spend all of it. Do you think that is magically going to change? No, it wont.

5. I thought this was a mock. Can you predict the future? I certainly cannot. This is just what I would like to see happen. I care very little about how realistic it is (even though it isn't that far of a stretch).

If you wanted my honest opinion, I gave you my honest opinion. If you didn't, then why the **** even post a mock. But I will keep this in mind next time I decide I might comment on one of your mocks and just refrain from it. If you bother making a mock, why waste peoples time and your time by making it if it has no probability of it happening.

I'd be curious to see why you like Arthur Brown based on his NFL play, or lack there of. Clearly when the team traded up to draft you is trying to get something instead of nothing for you, as a 2nd round pick, things are going great for the guy.

Jags are no longer in rebuild mode, its time to start winning this year. If they go 3-13 or 4-12, they will change coaching staffs again.

Also I doubt Clay and Hughes will be that cheap, unless they go for a discounted year 1. Just my opinion.

If you wanted my honest opinion, I gave you my honest opinion. If you didn't, then why the **** even post a mock. But I will keep this in mind next time I decide I might comment on one of your mocks and just refrain from it. If you bother making a mock, why waste peoples time and your time by making it if it has no probability of it happening.

I'd be curious to see why you like Arthur Brown based on his NFL play, or lack there of. Clearly when the team traded up to draft you is trying to get something instead of nothing for you, as a 2nd round pick, things are going great for the guy.

Jags are no longer in rebuild mode, its time to start winning this year. If they go 3-13 or 4-12, they will change coaching staffs again.

Also I doubt Clay and Hughes will be that cheap, unless they go for a discounted year 1. Just my opinion.

Your honest opinion had nothing to do with the final product. That's the feedback I would like. Not "this wont happen", "no way (team) does this" etc etc etc.

Arthur Brown hasn't been given an opportunity to do anything. From his college performance I can confidently say that he is worth the risk of a 5th and 7th for the Falcons do not have the LBer depth that Baltimore does and he certainly would not get buried on the depth chart.

And yes, the Jags are still rebuilding......... you think they are suddenly going to start winning?

And again.. semantics. Those aren't unrealistic numbers for either of those guys. Do you like Clay and Hughes? Because that's really all I care about. The Falcons have the cap space to acquire every FA I listed.

For me it is I want the best we can get in a position of dire need.

And I don't think waiting 100 + picks will do us any favour's getting that guy at RB.

Eddie Lacy, Carlos Hyde, and Jeremy Hill were all late 2nd. Jamaal Charles and Demarco Murray were 3rd rounders. Lamar Miller was a 4th rounder. Alfred Morris a 6th. Arian Foster was a UDFA. Using either of our top 2 picks on a RB would be a waste. There will still be plenty of good players left for our 3rd.

And I don't think waiting 100 + picks will do us any favour's getting that guy at RB.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but only 5 of the 39 RBs currently in the playoffs are actually first round picks. Only two of them are actually their teams' lead back - Lynch and Stewart. One of them is a gadget player (Bush) who's production has been easily replaced by a 6th rounder (Theo Riddick) who's only in his second year. One of them (DeAngelo Williams) hasn't been relevant since 2009. The last one (Trent Richardson) is a colossal draft bust and has been relegated to special teams while a UDFA rookie and a 2012 6th round pick have picked up where he wishes he could have left off.

The next highest pick is Gio Bernard who was picked at 37 overall, and he was SUCH a valuable draft pick that literally the NEXT YEAR Cincinnati felt the need to spend ANOTHER second round pick on Jeremy Hill.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be a team like Denver with CJ Anderson, a 2013 UDFA, or like Baltimore with Justin Forsett, a 2008 7th round pick who came to BAL as a free agent.

Forget about spending a high pick on a player who just plain isn't that much better than the rest of the players at his position.

You say Todd Gurley in the 2nd? I say Malcolm Brown in the 4th.

You say Melvin Gordon with a trade up? I say Kenneth Dixon in the 6th.

You say Tevin Coleman in the 2nd? I say Josh Robinson in the 5th.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not but only 5 of the 39 RBs currently in the playoffs are actually first round picks. Only two of them are actually their teams' lead back - Lynch and Stewart. One of them is a gadget player (Bush) who's production has been easily replaced by a 6th rounder (Theo Riddick) who's only in his second year. One of them (DeAngelo Williams) hasn't been relevant since 2009. The last one (Trent Richardson) is a colossal draft bust and has been relegated to special teams while a UDFA rookie and a 2012 6th round pick have picked up where he wishes he could have left off.The next highest pick is Gio Bernard who was picked at 37 overall, and he was SUCH a valuable draft pick that literally the NEXT YEAR Cincinnati felt the need to spend ANOTHER second round pick on Jeremy Hill.I don't know about you, but I'd rather be a team like Denver with CJ Anderson, a 2013 UDFA, or like Baltimore with Justin Forsett, a 2008 7th round pick who came to BAL as a free agent.Forget about spending a high pick on a player who just plain isn't that much better than the rest of the players at his position.You say Todd Gurley in the 2nd? I say Malcolm Brown in the 4th.You say Melvin Gordon with a trade up? I say Kenneth Dixon in the 6th.You say Tevin Coleman in the 2nd? I say Josh Robinson in the 5th.

You're a great poster, but I think you're a bit wrong on this one

1)DeMarco Murray (3rd round)

2)Le'Veon Bell (2nd round)

3) LeSean McCoy (2nd round)

4) Arian Foster (UDFA)

5) Marshawn Lynch (1st round)

6) Justin Forsett (7th round)

7) Frank Gore (3rd round)

8) Lamar Miller (4th round)

9) Alfred Morris (6th round )

10) Eddie Lacy (2nd round)

11) Matt Forte (2nd round)

12) Jamaal Charles (3rd roun)

13) Jeremy Hill (2nd round)

14) Mark Ingram (1st round)

You know what this list is, correct? The top 14 rbs in rushing yards this year...please note very few new names,which indicates sustained success. I also added what round they were drafted in. Here's the breakdown:

1st Round: 2

2nd round: 5

3rd round: 3

4th round: 1

5th round: 0

6th round: 1

7th round: 1

UDFA: 1

So 50% of the top rbs were found in first 2 rounds...also note that the 2nd rounders on this list were taken near the top of the 2nd round

Also note just over 70% were drafted in top 3 rounds...one of the 3rd rounders--a possible HOFer--frank gore dropped due to injury concerns. Charles due to size concerns

The 6th rounder (morris) and UDFA (Foster) are backs in Alex Gibbs type blocking schemes. A scheme that we had and that has struggled with maintaining proper balance on offense,and possibly hindered the passing game

Also note that almost all on this list are either in the playoffs,or on teams with recent significant success

So can you find a late round gem at rb? Sure...but is it likely? Statistics say it's hard...also note,that only the 7th rounder (Forsett) is on team in playoffs.

You cite CJ Anderson and the Indy situation...very fair assertion, but are those rbs succeeding because of the immense talent at QB? Or because of their "discovered" ability?

Also Richardson was simply over drafted. His scouting reports had tons of weaknesses in it

Also Carolina Panthers are being propelled forward by the legsof another first round back in jonathan Stewart

Point being you can look for gems at rb--and maybe you'll find one--but reality is not as devalued as we sometimes think it is

And I'm not breaking down the list but look at past Super bowl winning teams and their running backs and as a whole you see a list dominated by first, second and third round drafted running backs..

Rigging, Csonka,Franco, Dorsett, Emmett, Corey Dillon, Faulk, Marcus Allen,lynch,bush, Jamal Lewis, Joseph addai...you got the Terrell Davis 6th round in there, but not a ton of late round "gens" in either past or current years have been on SB winning teams

I personally don't think there's a huge drop off from 2nd round RBs to Langford for what the Falcons would need their RBs to do in a Trestman offence. Also, the Falcons still wouldn't have the OL to optimize the importance of RB, like Dallas.

And I'm not breaking down the list but look at past Super bowl winning teams and their running backs and as a whole you see a list dominated by first, second and third round drafted running backs..

Rigging, Csonka,Franco, Dorsett, Emmett, Corey Dillon, Faulk, Marcus Allen,lynch,bush, Jamal Lewis, Joseph addai...you got the Terrell Davis 6th round in there, but not a ton of late round "gens" in either past or current years have been on SB winning teams

You just listed guys from 10+ years ago. Football was a completely different sport back then.