Interesting Fact About Super Bowl Winning Coaches

thanat0s

I never thought to even investigate this, but Randy Cross brought it up this morning. No head coach has won a Super Bowl in more than one place. I'm probably late to the party not noticing this, but the only two who came close were Holmgren and Parcells, both of whom were in the Super Bowl with other teams.

It sort of tempers any enthusiasm I might've had for trying to convince previous SB winning coaches to take the job.

however, 8 coaches have won the SB with their second team.

Don Shula, **** Vermeil, Mike Shanahan, Bill Belichick, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, Tom Coughlin, Pete Carroll. for a total of 13 superbowls. Thats 11 of the last 17 superbowls if you're keeping score at home.

but but, we need to hire Cowher, or Chucky or the next guy who goes into the broadcast booth wearing a Super Bowl ring.

Nothing says best coach for the job quite like a SB ring in a broadcast booth.

Vermeil went back to coaching from broadcasting and won a SB, tho he didn't have the first ring. Only successful case I can think of. A lot of them just stay in broadcasting for good.