Holy Crap Holy Crap Holy Crap Kyle Shanahan Is Getting Let Go By Cleveland, Blank And Td Need To Go After Him Asap

Kayoh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I admittedly haven't seen too many browns or skins games the last few years, but what makes him such a great offensive mind? I don't remember either offense being anything to write home about.

You remember how AMAZING RG3 was as a rookie and how AWFUL he was this year?

Kyle Shanahan.

You know how TERRIBLE the Browns offense has been for the last, I don't even know how long, and how much better it was this year before Manziel needing to take over?

Kyle Shanahan.

Guest facelessman07

I woulda given the nod to Sean Payton but having him here as an OC would be great

Edited by facelessman07

You remember how AMAZING RG3 was as a rookie and how AWFUL he was this year?

Kyle Shanahan.

You know how TERRIBLE the Browns offense has been for the last, I don't even know how long, and how much better it was this year before Manziel needing to take over?

Kyle Shanahan.

I don't remember the browns being good on offense at any point. And how many running qb's have taken the league by storm their first year only to crash back down to earth once there is a year of film on them?

Guest facelessman07

Payton is good, but he's got Brees to work with. Shanahan made RG3 look amazing and Brian Hoyer look competent.

Make a call to Flowery Branch first thing in the am

I don't remember the browns being good on offense at any point. And how many running qb's have taken the league by storm their first year only to crash back down to earth once there is a year of film on them?

Um...I don't know how much attention you pay, but RG3 was the second MOST ACCURATE PASSER in the NFL as a rookie, thanks almost entirely due to Shanahan's system being borderline QB-proof.

But, Trestman

But, running game.

I think if he makes a lateral move, it will be to be the OC for a team that hires his father as HC.

I read something about Quinn possibly trying to make Kyle his OC if he happens to land a HC gig, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that.

I also read that Kyle is expected to interview for the Bills HC position & that the Bills might even bring his father on as a consultant or even GM if that happens.

TONS os speculation in a million different directions at this point, but he's going to be a hard guy to hire when he seems to have some many options available.

I think if he makes a lateral move, it will be to be the OC for a team that hires his father as HC.

I read something about Quinn possibly trying to make Kyle his OC if he happens to land a HC gig, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that.

I also read that Kyle is expected to interview for the Bills HC position & that the Bills might even bring his father on as a consultant or even GM if that happens.

TONS os speculation in a million different directions at this point, but he's going to be a hard guy to hire when he seems to have some many options available.

Kyle & Mike butted heads a lot in Washington. Doubt they go back to working together.

Quinn could end up in Cleveland, and they wouldn't want to bring Shanahan back.

Kyle & Mike butted heads a lot in Washington. Doubt they go back to working together.

Quinn could end up in Cleveland, and they wouldn't want to bring Shanahan back.

Per this report, three teams were already approaching them about working together:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Bills have requested permission to interview Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan for their head coaching vacancy, and at least three teams are interested in him as part of a package deal with his father, Mike, sources have told cleveland.com.

The three teams considering Mike as head coach and Kyle as offensive coordinator are the 49ers, Raiders and Bills.

The fact that the Bills have formally requested permission to interview Kyle for their head coaching vacancy was first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The only way Shanahan could be reunited with his dad is if the Browns let him out of his contract after only season. Even then, he'd likely have to receive a promotion to assistant head coach for the Browns to even consider it.

The Shanahans spent four seasons together in Washington from 2010-2013, guiding the offense to No. 9 overall in 2013 with 369.7 yards per game and fifth in rushing with 135.3 yards per game. Under the Shanahans, Robert Griffin III produced a stellar rookie season in 2012, and running back Alfred Morris rushed for more than 1,200 yards in each of his first two season.

The 49ers, Raiders and Bills have already interviewed Mike, who's won two Super Bowls and has a 177-143 career record.

The Bills are also interested in Eagles offensive coordinator and former Browns coach Pat Shurmur. They have interviewed at least four other candidates, including Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

Kyle Shanahan was a stabilizing influence for the Browns this season for an offense that lost Pro Bowlers Alex Mack, Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron for much of the season.

In his postseason press conference, coach Mike Pettine said he expected to retain "the vast majority'' of his coaches, including Shanahan. Shanahan would replace Pettine's former Bills boss Doug Marrone, who opted out of his contract.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/3_teams_interested_in_kyle_sha.html

And per ESPN, Trestman is actually interested in the now vacant Browns OC position:

Shanahan is among several candidates to fill the head-coaching vacancy with the Buffalo Bills. A source told Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com that he believed Shanahan navigated his departure knowing he had fallback options, including the possibility of leading Dan Quinn's offense if theSeattle Seahawks' defensive coordinator lands a head-coaching job.

[+] Enlargenfl_a_shanahanmanziel_sk_300x300.jpg
AP Photo/Mark DuncanSources told ESPN.com that offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has left the Browns as he did not see eye to eye with the front office about quarterback Johnny Manziel.

The Bills, San Francisco 49ers andOakland Raiders already have interviewed Mike Shanahan and would consider hiring the father-son duo with Mike as head coach and Kyle as offensive coordinator, Cleveland.com reported Wednesday.

Former Chicago Bears head coach Marc Trestman is interested in talking to the Browns about the OC job, a source told Fowler, but there is no indication yet that the Browns are interested in Trestman.

from this article: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12136623/offensive-coordinator-kyle-shanahan-leaving-cleveland-browns

Kyle Shanahan.

The browns offense had only scored one touchdown (against us) in like 6 or 7 games which is why Hoyer got benched for Manziel. The browns offense was horrible... Shanahan

Per Rotoworld, Vic Fangio wants to get Kyle as his OC should he land the HC gig in SF.

CSN Bay Area reports 49ers DC Vic Fangio would "target" Kyle Shanahan and Ed Donatell as his coordinators were he promoted to head coach.

Fangio interviewed to replace Jim Harbaugh last Tuesday. Shanahan was just released from his Browns contract, while Donatell has been the 49ers' DBs coach since 2011. It would be a nice staff for a first-time head coach in Fangio.