Falcons Vacant O C Position

Mike Tice would be a good option to fill that role if Ryan or Quinn wants a power running game. He is already familiar with the players on the offensive side of the ball. I still say we sign two vet FA pass rushers this offseason and trade back in the draft and select RT/G Brandon Schreff in the first and gain an additional 2nd round pick and pick RB Todd Gurley and CB Marcus Peters. Schreff would be 2015 version of Cowboys, Zach Martin.

Matthews-Schreff-Hawley-Asamoah-Schraeder or Matthews-Blalock-Hawley-Asamoah-Schreff isn't too bad.

Guest King Jigsaw

There is no prospect with the last name Schreff.

If you were referring to Brandon Scherff, and I assume you were, there is no number of spots we could trade back to gain an extra second round pick while still being able to get him. It's not like he'll still be sitting on the board in the mid-twenties.

Edit: Or Gurley, for that matter.

Edited by King Jigsaw

Let Tice focus on the O-line

I like Trestman, but Kyle Shanahan is a good option as well

Agree, Tice is much too valuable to this team as OL Coach and there's a lot of OL coaching and player development still to be done. And as much as I'd like to see Trestman as our OC, Kyle Shanahan is an extremely capable offensive guru that's now in play. I'd have to think he'd be interested in working with an offense featuring Matty Ice, Roddy, Freeman and Julio.

Well, if Rex Ryan is the coach it's been reported that he'd like to come "as a package" with Mark Trestman, I wouldn't mind that.

Um.....I don't thinks that's what was said. I believe a reporter said he believes it will be Rex and Trest and that's where it starts and ends.

I don't know why you guys are talking about anything but the PSL prices. This move, and raising ticket prices by double, will result in the killing of the franchise. My family has had season tickets for every year since the 2nd year and we can afford the PSL's and new ticket, but out of principle would never purchase one. The urban fan base, who makes up more than half of the fans at games, will never be able to afford that. The only people that will be at our games will be wealthy business douches. Our future generations won't grow up going to games and we will become a fan base that lacks passion, buy-in, and love for this team.

Who cares who the new coach is when our owner cares about one thing and one thing only, money. He isn't a football guy, he is a business owner. What does it matter who blocks for who when no one who really gives a **** about the team will be there in the stands?

Arthur Blank is an unappreciative, unrealistic, and POS of an owner for doing this to the fan base, ESPECIALLY after the two crap seasons they've given us leading up to this. Be on the lookout for a billboard telling Arthur to take his PSL's and shove them up his ***.

I'm pissed and I don't get how you guys aren't. Goodnight.

Scherff will be 2015 version of Greg Robinson and could be gone before we pick at 8. That said Baker is the LT in 2015 with Matthews a RT barring injury due to the fact it would cost more to cut Baker than to play him. Its cheaper to keep her and a divorce is not yet forthcoming. It may be 2017 before the dead money makes sense.

I like Tice as OL coach and I think he can assist Koetter in run game. I like Koetter as OC and would like to see us give him a play maker like Devante Parker at WR in rd 1 and a playmaker at TE like Clive Walford in rd 2. Jackson needs to go and be replaced with a vet RB to pair with Freeman. Rodgers could be kept for depth and pass pro. A 6th or 7th rd pick could be used on Marcus Murphy for depth. OL could fare better with back ups on the bench. WR needs a shot of young talent. We need a starting TE period. We need a starting RB period. This will help Koetter and Ryan look better in 2015. Douglas and possibly Hester along with Jackson should be cap casualties. Roddy cant be cut either but he should be knocked down a peg to HD's spot by bringing in a 1st rd talent to take his snaps and do more with them.

Scherff will be 2015 version of Greg Robinson and could be gone before we pick at 8. That said Baker is the LT in 2015 with Matthews a RT barring injury due to the fact it would cost more to cut Baker than to play him. Its cheaper to keep her and a divorce is not yet forthcoming. It may be 2017 before the dead money makes sense.

Baker will be a very expenisve backup if he doesnt retire or get cut.