Jake Matthews Lisfranc Injury

mvcrook

I thought this might have been the reason for his pretty bad first season but they say he didn't suffer the injury in the final game against Carolina. Hopefully, it not too bad and he's good to go next season. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323442-jake-matthews-injury-updates-on-falcons-stars-recovery-from-lisfranc-surgery#articles/2323442-jake-matthews-injury-updates-on-falcons-stars-recovery-from-lisfranc-surgery

Hopefully it's not serious enough to require surgery. We'll see.

i think he already had surgery. i dont know i just kind of skimmed the story. i read about this earlier on tatf, more amused with the fighting over whether or not the story was true

We had no one else to put in there. Im sure Jake and his family dont back down from injuries. Its in their blood. He is probably like White and you just arent gonna sit him unless he cant stand up or you are gonna have 1 pissed off player if you sit him.

Our oline was in really bad shape by year end. We where depleted of resources and where only a step away from having our TE lolo play OLINE. He did in 1 game.

Hopefully the offseason gives many of them time to recover and get fully recovered.

I dont think it was Smith forcing him to play, i just dont think he is one of those players who excepts being benched unless they are carried off the field.

I believe that's a pretty rough injury for them big fellas. It shouldn't effect his play if he has a high pain tolerance though.

Kalil got one early in 2012, missed the rest of the season, and talks about how he'd always been injury free his whole career but that Lisfranc still hurts like heII.