Rumor: Rex Ryan Prefers 49Ers Over The Falcons Who Are His No. 2 Choice

No, he's the beat writer for the city's biggest newspaper, who got his info directly from sources inside the 49ers front office.

http://www.sfchronicle.com/author/eric-branch-/

I don't know which is stronger with this fanbase, the delusion or the denial?

Okay, so the SF front office puts out the word that the Niners are Rex's number one choice. This is what passes as fact? Come on, Rex is going to tell every single one of his interviewers that he really wants the job. That is what he is supposed to say.

There is no story here. But, hey, we are good for at least five pages.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Told you mofos that he would prefer 49ers over us, they have a better overall roster with an already established defense.

That roster is also aging quickly and in a bit of cap trouble. Kappy is a fine, albeit inconsistent QB and he is about to lose a very good interior OL to free agency.

I like out situation for the next three seasons.

of course SanFran would be Rex's #1 choice. better roster. easier turnaround if Kaepernick gets his head on straight.

does not hurt my feelings. still want Rex

My thought when reading the title was that it makes sense for Rex's #1 choice to be SF. Easier turnaround on the D, and Kaepernick is not in the same league as Ryan as a QB, so when he doesn't develop & the O let's SF down, Ryan has a built in scapegoat and can say that just like in NY, he's not been given a QB that has the talent. He wouldn't have that excuse here when he can't win and losing here would kill his reputation as a potentially good HC.

My thought when reading the title was that it makes sense for Rex's #1 choice to be SF. Easier turnaround on the D, and Kaepernick is not in the same league as Ryan as a QB, so when he doesn't develop & the O let's SF down, Ryan has a built in scapegoat and can say that just like in NY, he's not been given a QB that has the talent. He wouldn't have that excuse here when he can't win and losing here would kill his reputation as a potentially good HC.

If Rex Ryan is thinking that, and I don't think he is, I wouldn't want him here anyway.

He'd rather have a built in scapegoat for his inevitable failure so he can continue his reputation as a "potentially good HC?" I want the guy who wants to come here so he can show he is actually a good HC and a winner that everyone will want should he ever hit the open market again. A guy who wants to put his resume on the hiring GM/owner's desk with his hand on top sporting a couple of Super Bowl rings. If he doesn't think he can do that here, then we need someone who does. The good news for me is, I think Rex Ryan is exactly the kind of guy I'm describing. He thinks he will win, he wants to win, and if we hire him, I believe he will win.

I find it hard to put much stock into what comes from a site that has the word "rumors" in its name.

Especially when the guy reporting this rumor just says he "hears" Rex prefers SF over ATL. He didn't say this info came from Rex, the 49ers, or the Falcons. He "hears" a rumor.

Probably just read someone's unfounded speculation of a message board & is reporting it as a juicy NFL rumor.

Pathetic.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers are expected to have interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, and Broncos OC Adam Gase amongst others.

• Schefter adds that each of these coordinators are expected to be busy in the coming days and among the most sought after head-coaching options.

This is my top three as well...

ESPNs Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers are expected to have interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, and Broncos OC Adam Gase amongst others.

• Schefter adds that each of these coordinators are expected to be busy in the coming days and among the most sought after head-coaching options.

Josh makes the most sense for San Fran. Offensive minded HC who likes to use mobile QBs in option offences (hence the Tebow drafting). IMHO he'd get the most out of Kap by playing to his strengths and not trying to convert him into a pocket passing qb. The only issue I see with Josh is his reputed issues with players as this is what Jim H had issues with as well (allegedly). Ideally he's matured enough now for this to not be an issue. Seriously I see falcs as Rexs no.1 option - he can only go up from here

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers are expected to have interest in Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, Seahawks DC Dan Quinn, and Broncos OC Adam Gase amongst others.

Love your posts QB, but you can keep Mcd lol. Want nothing to do with him.