The Rise Of The Falcons Mock Draft

atljbo

Release
Steven Jackson - 3.7 mil saved on the cap
Justin Blalock - 3.7 mil saved on the cap
Sam Bakern - 4.7 mil saved on the cap (june 1st cut)
Jonathan Babineaux - 2.3 mil

Around 42.4 mil in cap space ... Im going to subtract bakers 4.7 mil since we wont get that until after june 1st plus that will go to the rookies

Lets round this to 38 mil of cap space

Freeagency

6'3 280lbs OLB/DE Pernell McPhee (5 year 30 mil)
A young talented rusher that has produced in limited snaps for the ravens... Lets give him his snaps so he can show what he can do as a full time starter... We are also bring in a dog ... The type of player our new coach likes.

5'10 190lbs CB Brandon Flowers (2 year 8 mil)
We have 2 young talented CBs ... We now bring in a Vet that can play on the outside and the slot... We now have guys to play our new coach scheme.... He can get real creative with cover guys.

6'4 310lbs DT/DE Nick Fairley (5 year 33 mil)
Nick Fairley will remind our new coach of an young D-Line he draft a year of 2 ago ... An explsove big guy that will bring penetration up the middle.... Is only getting better..... Seeing Fairley as a 3-4 DE but also seeing and and Hage lineup in the inside on passing downs.... We now have some good YOUNG talent that is the building blocks on our D.

6'3 260lbs TE Charles Clay (5 YEAR 20 MIL)
An Athletic TE that will give us that deep threat down the middle of the seem Matt hasnt had... He is also a decent blocker.

Extend/resign
Sean Weatherspoom - 1 year 2 mil
Dwight Lowery - 3 year 9 mil
Antone Smith - 2 year 1.6 mil
Josh Wilson - vet min
Eric Weems - Vet Min

1st round: 6'3 240lbs OLB/DE Vic Beasley
Our new coach will be very familiar with Vic since his son plays for the same team .... Vic is a explosive 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB (von miller style) with a nice first step.. Dude ate up some of the better Tackles in college football... We now have ayoung speed rusher

2nd round: 6'3 320lbs G A.J. Cann
Cann is a big guard that can give us some good push up the middle and also athletic enough to get to the second level on screens, pulls and sweeps ... I also like how he was able to pick up stunts.

3rd round: 6'1 230lbs LB Paul Dawson
I pray to god Dawson is here in the 3rd because dude will be an impressive LB for us .... The guy can cover with good instincts... He and Spoon will give us top notch speed at the LB position.

4th round: 5'11 230lbs RB David Cobb
We now have a big back that will go along with Freeman and Smith.

5th round: 6'0 250 FB Jalston Fowler
To help our run game ... We bring in big Fowler as a Lead FB but the guy can also run it and catch it out the backfield

6th round:6'4 280lbs DE Ray Drew
I think Drew will be a late round Gem in the NFL.... For some reason UGA didnt use him like they did in 2013 .. The guy has talent

7th round (rams) : 6'1 190lbs WR Shaq Roland
This is a risk reward pick... If Shaq stayed in school he would be a mid round pick.. The buy has talent but he left school so that will drop him... Bring this talented young guy in the room with Roddy, Julio, HD, Hester, and Weems... He will learn

7th round: 6'5 320lbs T Austin Shepherd
A young tackle to bring up and develop

im kinda confused with what kind of defense you see us running. i like Mcphee but im not so how Fairley or Dawson at 6-1 230 would fit.

\

This is why i like Rex ... He runs a 3-4 ...a 4-3... a 3-3-5

Thanks to great stats provided by Pro Football Focus, teams, both 3-4 and 4-3, spend just 45 percent of their snaps in their base defense. The Jets spend just 37 percent of their time in their base set.

So, what kind of defenses did the Jets run outside of their prototypical 3-4?

The next-highest percentage of snaps is the 3-3-5 defense, which features three linebackers, three defensive linemen and five defensive backs. In other words, you are replacing a front-seven player (either a linebacker or a defensive lineman) with a defensive back.

However, the most interesting statistic from the table provided by PFF is how much more the Jets used the 1-3-7 formation. While the rest of the league used this formation just 1 percent of the time, the Jets use this alignment on a staggering 16 percent of their snaps.

So yea.... I went towards a multiple off season since Rex is not one thing .... No one Felt Richardson as a 3-4 DE ... Rex dont give a **** ... He knew the guy was talented and put him in position to shine .. I can see Fairley in that role under rex D ...

Mcphee can play 3-4 OLB and DE and he can pass rush inside ... bring us alot of versatility and simply a good Rusher

With Dawson.. Im just a fan of Dawson... I think the guy can be really good .... But i checked out the Jets roster to see what Rex used .... David Harris is 6'2 250 but Demario Davis who i remember from the draft (as a fast 4-3 OLB) is 6'2 236 .. They also drafted Jeremiah George who is 5'11 234lbs... So im thinking that Rex value LBs that can move (fast) once he does his exotic blitzing... Dawson brings us a LB that has the speed to be a good blitzer but i love his coverage ability .. Something we will need if we blitz alot (A LB that can drop back in coverage and cover)

We can play Worrilow or Shembo on thumping downs if we need to... But on passing down sub in our LB's with speed.

But yea.. I was trying to give Rex his pieces to be multiple.. But pieces that is young and can produce

Sorry JBO I can't roll into the season with a 4th rounder Quizz Freeman & Antone I just think to myself for such an important part the game for us I believe we can do better.

I look at our RB's right now and for me Freeman and Quizz are pretty much the same guy.

Cobb i haven't had a good look at.

Antone is the only point of difference for me home run hitter with speed to go to the house.

Release

Steven Jackson - 3.7 mil saved on the cap

Justin Blalock - 3.7 mil saved on the cap

Sam Bakern - 4.7 mil saved on the cap (june 1st cut)

Jonathan Babineaux - 2.3 mil

Around 42.4 mil in cap space ... Im going to subtract bakers 4.7 mil since we wont get that until after june 1st plus that will go to the rookies

Lets round this to 38 mil of cap space

Freeagency

6'3 280lbs OLB/DE Pernell McPhee (5 year 30 mil)

A young talented rusher that has produced in limited snaps for the ravens... Lets give him his snaps so he can show what he can do as a full time starter... We are also bring in a dog ... The type of player our new coach likes.

5'10 190lbs CB Brandon Flowers (2 year 8 mil)

We have 2 young talented CBs ... We now bring in a Vet that can play on the outside and the slot... We now have guys to play our new coach scheme.... He can get real creative with cover guys.

6'4 310lbs DT/DE Nick Fairley (5 year 33 mil)

Nick Fairley will remind our new coach of an young D-Line he draft a year of 2 ago ... An explsove big guy that will bring penetration up the middle.... Is only getting better..... Seeing Fairley as a 3-4 DE but also seeing and and Hage lineup in the inside on passing downs.... We now have some good YOUNG talent that is the building blocks on our D.

6'3 260lbs TE Charles Clay (5 YEAR 20 MIL)

An Athletic TE that will give us that deep threat down the middle of the seem Matt hasnt had... He is also a decent blocker.

Extend/resign

Sean Weatherspoom - 1 year 2 mil

Dwight Lowery - 3 year 9 mil

Antone Smith - 2 year 1.6 mil

Josh Wilson - vet min

Eric Weems - Vet Min

1st round: 6'3 240lbs OLB/DE Vic Beasley

Our new coach will be very familiar with Vic since his son plays for the same team .... Vic is a explosive 3-4 OLB/4-3 OLB (von miller style) with a nice first step.. Dude ate up some of the better Tackles in college football... We now have ayoung speed rusher

2nd round: 6'3 320lbs G A.J. Cann

Cann is a big guard that can give us some good push up the middle and also athletic enough to get to the second level on screens, pulls and sweeps ... I also like how he was able to pick up stunts.

3rd round: 6'1 230lbs LB Paul Dawson

I pray to god Dawson is here in the 3rd because dude will be an impressive LB for us .... The guy can cover with good instincts... He and Spoon will give us top notch speed at the LB position.

4th round: 5'11 230lbs RB David Cobb

We now have a big back that will go along with Freeman and Smith.

5th round: 6'0 250 FB Jalston Fowler

To help our run game ... We bring in big Fowler as a Lead FB but the guy can also run it and catch it out the backfield

6th round:6'4 280lbs DE Ray Drew

I think Drew will be a late round Gem in the NFL.... For some reason UGA didnt use him like they did in 2013 .. The guy has talent

7th round (rams) : 6'1 190lbs WR Shaq Roland

This is a risk reward pick... If Shaq stayed in school he would be a mid round pick.. The buy has talent but he left school so that will drop him... Bring this talented young guy in the room with Roddy, Julio, HD, Hester, and Weems... He will learn

7th round: 6'5 320lbs T Austin Shepherd

A young tackle to bring up and develop

I love this mock...I would actually "reach" for Dawson in the 2nd...he could be a late first rounder talent wise, but he'll be in2nd due to size and not being as explosive as beasly..Jarvis Harrison then would be my 3rd or 4th round G...I'm a drew fan

RB bug me a bit..not sure cob will be there in 4th and I'm not sure I see anything but Snelling there...but that's initial thoughts

If I re-did your mock a bit ,I'd go:

1) Beasley

2) Dawson

3) Mike Davis or Cobb

4) Jarvis Harrison

But I digress...this mock is wonderful