The Perfect Offensive System For Matt Ryan

http://baltimoresportsandlife.com/baltimore-ravens/erhardt-perkins-system-part-2/

In the interest of saving time and space I am only posting the link. The article is pretty long and easier to read in it's original format. After reading this article, I am 100% convinced that any head coach we hire NEEDS to implement this system. Matt Ryan fits this system PERFECTLY.

Matt Ryan has been crutching off Roddy white gonzo and julio all his career not worring about protecting his receivers at all I think the whole roster was injured far as wr even weems got hurt sad

Roddy and Gonzo were always two very durable players.

Julio missed last year because of a foot injury that happened in college.

Yep Matt Ryan is evil.

Edited by Mike the Falcon

I feel bad for anyone that doesn't know this guy's a troll.

As for the topic:

"Erhardt-Perkins is named after two men. Ron Erhardt and Ray Perkins, who ran the offense under Patriots head coach, Chuck Fairbanks in the 1970’s. The object of the system was to maximize efficiency in cold weather. They placed emphasis on the run game and the short passing game by showing the defense multiple looks, formations, and combinations of personnel while running simple plays found in all playbooks. Simple to learn, simple to run, easy to call on the fly, hard to defend. It has evolved over the years from coaches Bill Parcells, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Bill Belichick and all his disciples, (Charlie Weis turned Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen into 1st and 2nd round picks with this system at Notre Dame).

The E-P is currently run by six NFL teams: Broncos, Patriots, Chargers, Panthers, Steelers, and Giants. In other words, Erhardt-Perkins has won seven of the last 12 Super Bowls with a chance to make it eight with the Broncos or Patriots representing the AFC this year."

Sounds good to me. West Coast-y, always a good choice.

As for the topic:

"Erhardt-Perkins is named after two men. Ron Erhardt and Ray Perkins, who ran the offense under Patriots head coach, Chuck Fairbanks in the 1970s. The object of the system was to maximize efficiency in cold weather. They placed emphasis on the run game and the short passing game by showing the defense multiple looks, formations, and combinations of personnel while running simple plays found in all playbooks. Simple to learn, simple to run, easy to call on the fly, hard to defend. It has evolved over the years from coaches Bill Parcells, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Bill Belichick and all his disciples, (Charlie Weis turned Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen into 1st and 2nd round picks with this system at Notre Dame).

The E-P is currently run by six NFL teams: Broncos, Patriots, Chargers, Panthers, Steelers, and Giants. In other words, Erhardt-Perkins has won seven of the last 12 Super Bowls with a chance to make it eight with the Broncos or Patriots representing the AFC this year."

I think this system would also serve well when doing outdoor games. Having our scheme already tailored towards that environment is a big plus.

This is a very effective offensive system.

We've already run this system with Matt. He's used to it already. This is the system Mularky ran in Pitt and he brought it to Atl. I woukdnt have a problem with them going back to this. Especially with zone blocking up front for a new running back and freeman. Edited by TheFatboi

As for the topic:

"Erhardt-Perkins is named after two men. Ron Erhardt and Ray Perkins, who ran the offense under Patriots head coach, Chuck Fairbanks in the 1970s. The object of the system was to maximize efficiency in cold weather. They placed emphasis on the run game and the short passing game by showing the defense multiple looks, formations, and combinations of personnel while running simple plays found in all playbooks. Simple to learn, simple to run, easy to call on the fly, hard to defend. It has evolved over the years from coaches Bill Parcells, Marty Schottenheimer, Bill Cowher, Bill Belichick and all his disciples, (Charlie Weis turned Brady Quinn and Jimmy Claussen into 1st and 2nd round picks with this system at Notre Dame).

These are the Matt/Turner years under Mularky. Same system.

Mularky ran a power run offense with no deviation from the primary runner. He does have ties to the system but in Atlanta We didn't see the variety that is previlant in this system.

It was still the same system. No different from the way Pitt ran it or parcells in NY or Belichik when Brady was a pup. The lack of variety is probably because Matt was a young qb. We still used zone blocking as well. We just had a power back.

Belichik changed with his talent. Parcellls stayed the same with it and so did Cowher with the bus.

Edited by TheFatboi

It was still the same system. No different from the way Pitt ran it or parcells in NY or Belichik when Brady was a pup. The lack of variety is probably because Matt was a young qb. We still used zone blocking as well. We just had a power back.

Belichik changed with his talent. Parcellls stayed the same with it and so did Cowher with the bus.

They had Randle El to change up the pace as their utility player. They also ran a ton of gadget plays. We had zone blocking plays but we were a power run first team. I distinctly remember yelling at the screen with the predictable run up the middle on every first down lol.

They had Randle El to change up the pace as their utility player. They also ran a ton of gadget plays. We had zone blocking plays but we were a power run first team. I distinctly remember yelling at the screen with the predictable run up the middle on every first down lol.

That was because randle el was a qb and coukd throw. Plus Pitt always ran gadget plays even with Bradshaw with the flea flicker and such. We were basically Pitt reincarnated in Atl. Same style. And the run up the middle became a problem when we switched to power blocking in 2011. From 2008-2010 it was stretch plays and off tackle one cut and go runs. Turner always had cutback lanes because of it. Also why they said Dahl and Clabo were dirty because they cut block in the zone scheme. Either way I woukdnt mind it coming back. We also didn't have variety because we didn't have a lot of speed on offense besides roddy and HD at wideout position. Jenkins was a straight line 4.4. Roddy was a straight line 4.4. We didn't have anybody with wiggle or quickness.