Does It Sound Like Pioli Is Our Gm....

Sounds like to me that TD should be McKay assistant and SP be the GM.

Is there other clubs out there where the GM is not involved in Drafting, Scouting and FA???

Hearing TD talk in the past it seemed to be that scouting and drafting was the main job of the GM and had staffers to handle the duties he know is personally involved. I would think this would have to sting TD who always bragged about his scouting background.

"As part of the realignment, Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff. Dimitroff will also retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video activities."

For anything that is of any relevance to this board and most of its discussion, I think you are correct. Pioli finds free agents and looks at draft prospects and TD handles the paper work like ordering gym equipment, medication, player education programs like how to wisely spend their money and anger management, putting together presentations, getting injuries looked at by the right medical team, and managing the salary cap.

Pioli is now responsible for evaluating talent and finding the players to bring to the team.

Edited by Mr. Lubba Lubba©

"As part of the realignment, Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff. Dimitroff will also retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video activities."

For anything that is of any relevance to this board and most of its discussion, I think you are correct. Pioli finds free agents and looks at draft prospects and TD handles the paper work like ordering gym equipment, medication, player education programs like how to wisely spend their money and anger management, putting together presentations, getting injuries looked at by the right medical team, and managing the salary cap.

Pioli is now responsible for evaluating talent and finding the players to bring to the team.

Nah. Pioli will make the boards, and the final decision is TDs.