Falcons Front Office Restructured. Td Loses Some Power, Pioli Gets Draft

paulitik

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no change. The same minds are in there. Doesn't matter who reports to who. Blank should've cleaned house. We need new eyes and new ideas. The same ppl are in the building.

Nah... Smitty and Nolan are gone and we all know they had input on players. Plus whomever the new coach is will have a say. So it wont necessarily be the same.

This is no change. The same minds are in there. Doesn't matter who reports to who. Blank should've cleaned house. We need new eyes and new ideas. The same ppl are in the building.

Minus Smitty and most of the coaching staff so far.

TD is also not the head of the scouting department anymore, so the Falcons will not be drafting off of his draft prospect evaluations.

I'm taking the wait and see approach based on who will be the Falcons new HC.

But Pioli still reports to TD. This is just like when McKay flopped on Petrino hire. Blank just played a shell game and gave him a new title but he has still been having input on players. Bottom line Blank just needs to quit playing games with people of Atlanta ,thinking we are stupid. I'd rather him just come out and say " I like TD, I like McKay, and I like Scott. They are my fiends and even though they can't draft worth a crap, I know if they weren't here I have no one else that could do it. I'm 72 years old and I don't feel like making new friends. So I'd rather have the same results and no Lombardi trophy and have people around me that I can kick around. McKay is pretty good with the cap so if you don't like it, go buy your own football team." Just tell it like it is. Quit trying to make everything so corporate. This is the NFL. Say it like a man.

Follow

v7zgvIcC_bigger.jpegChris MortensenVerified account@mortreport

Don’t misinterpret Falcons’ restructuring - simply following Ravens model. In the end, GM Thomas Dimitroff retains final say on personnel

so what. SOMEONE has to have the final say. and i thought it was confirmed TD worked closely with smith and nolan and brought in guys they wanted? i don't see TD as being hard to work with.

people bashing TD must not have read the article stating that Smith and Nolan had there hands all over last years draft as owner Auther Blank and TD wanted athletic pass rushers were as Smith and Nolan wanted interior lineman and the build from within mind set it also stated that TD wasn't big on signing Jackson or Soliai

not sure i blame TD as Smith probably had a big say in who he wanted drafted as he was coaching the team

which tends to make sense early went TD just drafted who he wanted he usually found value and a few gems

SP does have a good track record of if nothing else drafting talented players and is willing to roll the dice on some highupside guys like Justin houston who had some off the field issues. If he can find us a late round WR and RB gems and some high upside defensive guys in the first 3 rounds he could turn things around quick but then again it also means finding the right coach

But Pioli still reports to TD. This is just like when McKay flopped on Petrino hire. Blank just played a shell game and gave him a new title but he has still been having input on players. Bottom line Blank just needs to quit playing games with people of Atlanta ,thinking we are stupid. I'd rather him just come out and say " I like TD, I like McKay, and I like Scott. They are my fiends and even though they can't draft worth a crap, I know if they weren't here I have no one else that could do it. I'm 72 years old and I don't feel like making new friends. So I'd rather have the same results and no Lombardi trophy and have people around me that I can kick around. McKay is pretty good with the cap so if you don't like it, go buy your own football team." Just tell it like it is. Quit trying to make everything so corporate. This is the NFL. Say it like a man.

Pioli may still report to TD, but TD will not be doing scouting and draft prospect evaluations anymore for the Falcons to go on.

That will be solely Pioli's job. He will report his findings and evaluations to TD to use in the draft process.

I think I am going to like this a lot. Pioli is better with talent and Thomas has always done a good job with the cap. Makes sense.

WTF???????????

Rich McKay manages the Cap and Contracts.

That was made public info when TD was hired on.

So that brings us right to the Baker Contract,,,

McKayed!

Such weird front office dynamics.

WTF does McKay do?

The coach will report directly to the owner?

Atlanta, where GMs fall upwards!

McKay is in charge of the stadium project. Think he's still on the competition committee.

So what about the Patriots way?

TD has repeatedly said that he wasn't a slave to the patriot way.

Love this,people that hate/want TD gone think this is a demotion. People that like TD are claiming promotion. Personally, I think nothing has changed from last offseason, they've just clarified roles.