Falcons Front Office Restructured. Td Loses Some Power, Pioli Gets Draft

paulitik

Per Jay,

https://twitter.com/falconsjadams/status/552959444242284545

@FalconsJAdams: The Falcons have announced a restructuring of the player personnel department today.

@FalconsJAdams: Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff.

@FalconsJAdams: Dimitroff will also retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Jay,

https://twitter.com/falconsjadams/status/552959444242284545

@FalconsJAdams: The Falcons have announced a restructuring of the player personnel department today.

@FalconsJAdams: Assistant General Manager Scott Pioli will take on pro and college scouting and NFL Draft responsibilities, reporting to Dimitroff.

@FalconsJAdams: Dimitroff will also retain management responsibility for salary cap, player affairs, equipment, sports medicine and performance, and video.

Interesting...... So Piloli is going to run the draft but report to TD? So actually has final say?

Obviously just speculation, but what if McKay is going to leave to take a position with the NFL some point in the near future, so TD is being moved into a role closer to what McKay currently does, and thus Pioli is getting more of the responsibilities TD previously held.

Although I highly doubt Rich goes anywhere until the stadium is totally done, but who knows?

This really isn't all that surprising, as it was what assumed to take place when he was hired. Many on here supported the hire, specifically for the reason that their weaknesses and strengths perfectly suited each other, with one being strong where the other was weak. I'd imagine that TD will still have input in the draft though, just less so.

Obviously just speculation, but what if McKay is going to leave to take a position with the NFL some point in the near future, so TD is being moved into a role closer to what McKay currently does, and thus Pioli is getting more of the responsibilities TD previously held.

Although I highly doubt Rich goes anywhere until the stadium is totally done, but who knows?

I doubt it. All the responsibilities that was said to be staying with TD are what Pioli sucks at.

Despite the "reporting to Dimitroff" part of Adams' tweet this is a definite stripping of some of Dimitroff's power.

I mean, what's the point in giving all of this scouting and drafting responsibility to Pioli if Dimitroff can undo all of it at the last minute?