President Obama Aggravated

Obama admits he would be aggravated if he were a Detroit fan. Why cant Rave? :o

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12130526/president-barack-obama-says-pretty-aggravated-were-detroit-lions-fan

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says he would be "pretty aggravated" if he were a Detroit Lions fan after the team lost an NFL playoff game to the Dallas Cowboys following a disputed penalty call.

But because he is a long-suffering fan of his hometown Chicago Bears, Obama says he can't have "too much sympathy for the Lions." The Bears had a losing season and missed the playoffs.

Obama told The Detroit News in an interview Tuesday that he couldn't remember a case in which a referee's "good call" was "reversed without explanation."

Detroit was ahead 20-17 midway through the fourth quarter of Sunday's game when a referee flagged the Cowboys for pass interference. But officials rescinded the call moments later, leaving the Lions facing fourth-and-1. Detroit punted, and Dallas then drove to the winning touchdown for a 24-20 final score.

Obama said he watched the game and told the newspaper that he couldn't "remember a circumstance in which a good call by one of the refs is argued about by an opposing player of the other team with his helmet off on the field, which in and of itself is supposed to be a penalty. The call is announced and then reversed without explanation. I haven't seen that before. So I will leave it up to the experts to make the judgment as to why that happened, but I can tell you if I was a Lions fan I'd be pretty aggravated."

Lions defensive end Darryl Tapp tweeted that "it's pretty bad" that Obama has to chime in on the controversial play.

http://t.co/GZisgnTrla It's pretty bad when our president has to voice his opinion #Lions #OnePride #whatif Darryl Tapp (@dtapp55) January 7, 2015

Obama was interviewed before his scheduled Wednesday visit to the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, to tout a resurgent U.S. auto industry following the federal bailout.

In the interview, the president also lamented the Bears' poor performance.

"Given the performance of my Bears, I can't have too much sympathy for the Lions," Obama said. "You guys were in a lot better position than we were. I'd love to have your defense right now."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shut the **** up

You're right football is more important than murdering hundreds of children a year, the economy, or actually running the country.

Maybe he should move another wedding so he can golf (since that's so important).

Maybe he can raise the fine for not signing up for health insurance nobody wanted (cause that's Constitutional).

Yeah I give a **** about what he says about some game.

You're right football is more important than murdering hundreds of children a year, the economy, or actually running the country.

get the **** out you stupid piece of ****. using people's lives and torment to further your pathetic ******* agenda. you dont what you're talking about, you dont know what's going on. you're a stupid ******* hick from buchanon ******* georgia.

people like you need to be rounded up and gased

get the **** out you stupid piece of ****. using people's lives and torment to further your pathetic ******* agenda. you dont what you're talking about, you dont know what's going on. you're a stupid ******* hick from buchanon ******* georgia.

people like you need to be rounded up and gased

Says the person that thinks the President doesn't have better things to do than comment on a game.

1) I'm from Marietta, not B-U-C-H-A-N-A-N.

2) I'm far from a "hick".

3) Wishing someone should be murdered makes you quite sophisticated.

Obama is just trying to drum up votes / faux sympathy in a potential swing state.Obama will and does say anything to get ...... You wait, need a third term crisis.Politics aside let it go Deztroller

It just pisses me off that after all Dallas has accomplished this year, people are trying to discredit them.

It just pisses me off that after all Dallas has accomplished this year, people are trying to discredit them.

Is there not reason for what people are saying?

It's not a matter of people trying to discredit Dallas, if the same thing happened in favor of Detroit, people would be saying the same things... Would that be trying to discredit the Lions?

Is there not reason for what people are saying?

It's not a matter of people trying to discredit Dallas, if the same thing happened in favor of Detroit, people would be saying the same things... Would that be trying to discredit the Lions?

Stafford had the Lions' hopes in his hands with 2:32 left. How does this get overlooked? Stafford had a chance to be a hero and blew it. Yet that gets overlooked by this "conspiracy".

Had that been Romo wed be hearing about how he choked again and no one would recall the missed calls beforehand.

You know I'm right.

Stafford had the Lions' hopes in his hands with 2:32 left. How does this get overlooked? Stafford had a chance to be a hero and blew it. Yet that gets overlooked by this "conspiracy".

Had that been Romo wed be hearing about how he choked again and no one would recall the missed calls beforehand.

You know I'm right.

I don't. You think you are right, because you will believe ANYTHING that makes the Cowboy's look like world beaters.

I'm saying it doesn't matter when it has nothing to do with WHY the officials made the wrong calls that they made.

You are using it to argue the calls being correct, when they are not.

Lol...you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

I'm saying right or wrong they didn't affect the outcome of the game. Stafford had a chance to win the game in the end and he choked. Case closed.

Lol...you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

I'm saying right or wrong they didn't affect the outcome of the game. Stafford had a chance to win the game in the end and he choked. Case closed.

Whatever helps you feel better. It's going to be hilarious when the same thing happens to Dallas and you are all over every possible forum bitching about penalties and not the fact that Romo could have done more to win the game.

Whatever helps you feel better. It's going to be hilarious when the same thing happens to Dallas and you are all over every possible forum bitching about penalties and not the fact that Romo could have done more to win the game.

Are you saying Stafford's fumble was inevitable?