Wait...?

Durrty

I realize Koetter and Nolan packed their bags once Smith was fired, but I thought that was just them being precautionary in the event their terminations was next.

Just heard on 92.9 Koetter being referred to as the "Falcons Former OC"...I would've thought that if Rex was hired, we would would retain Koetter just to keep that continuity on offense.

I was under the impression they were either let go or given the option to pursue other opportunities.

I think people assume they could return because td said he would leave staff decisions to the new coach and the staff would be left in tact until he arrives

But they were the only ones to box up their offices so I'm willing to bet they aren't coming back.

Guest Negatorris

**** no. Koetter is a mediocre OC, who inherited above average talent. Plus Matt already said he's looking forward to learning a NEW offense. Maybe one to tailor his strengths and not this predictable crap we've been running for the past few years.

We were bottom 5 in total red zone drives this season. That's amazingly terrible.

**** no. Koetter is a mediocre OC, who inherited above average talent. Plus Matt already said he's looking forward to learning a NEW offense. Maybe one to tailor his strengths and not this predictable crap we've been running for the past few years.

We were bottom 5 in total red zone drives this season. That's amazingly terrible.

I heard Matt say that too. Either way, I just hope they bring in the right guy that can scheme to our player's strengths. There's been a lot of names being thrown around lately, but names alone won't guarantee you success. Give me a HC and OC that knows what the **** they're doing!

Exactly

We need new blood at OC

Goodbye Mr Koetter

I realize Koetter and Nolan packed their bags once Smith was fired, but I thought that was just them being precautionary in the event their terminations was next.

Just heard on 92.9 Koetter being referred to as the "Falcons Former OC"...I would've thought that if Rex was hired, we would would retain Koetter just to keep that continuity on offense

Oh good God no. Rex has to have a competent OC in here if he were to get the job.

That was more a function of poor OL play. Hey, I am not a Koetter apologist, but the red zone is a tough place, if you don't have the bosses in front to get the job done.