2015 Falcons Free Agent Signings

Justin Houston Outside LB KC Chiefs

Ndmaukong Suh Defensive Tackle Detroit Lions

Demaryius Thomas WR Denver Broncos

Ryan Harris Offensive Tackle Chiefs

Orlando Franklin Guard Denver Broncos

Corey Peters DT Atlanta Falcons

Holes filled. Money well spent = Super Bowl

Free up more cap space maybe my letting Baker, Blalock, Konz, SJAX, Tyson Jackson and Willy Mo go.

Edited by cereal killer

Guest facelessman07

He's a GA Boy. He's a beat of a WR and I'm not sure about Roddy anymore. DT could be that true compliment to Julio. Harry, Hester and or Reedy in the slot

Roddy will be fine, I'd be down for DT if we could trade Julio. Having both and that much money tied up in them makes no sense to me

Besides, we don't need all this firepower to win a Super Bowl. Where's this "explosive" team gotten us thus far?

Justin Houston Outside LB KC Chiefs - $15m/yr

Chris Harris Jr CB Denver Broncos - $10-12m/yr

Ndmaukong Suh Defensive Tackle Detroit Lions - $12-14m/yr

Demaryius Thomas WR Denver Broncos - $13-15m/yr

Ryan Harris Offensive Tackle Chiefs - not even an upgrade over any of our current OTs

Orlando Franklin Guard Denver Broncos - $6-7m/yr

Corey Peters DT Atlanta Falcons - the only one I agree with

Holes filled. Money well spent = Super Bowl

Free up more cap space maybe my letting Baker, Blalock, Konz, SJAX, Tyson Jackson and Willy Mo go.

releasing Baker would actually cost us $1.9m

releasing Tyson Jackson would cost us $4.8m

Cutting Blalock, Konz, SJack and Moore would save like $9.1m in cap space

you're talking about giving out a minimum of $60m/yr worth of contracts when even cutting all the guys you suggested AND Harry Dougles (saves $3.5m) AND Babs (saves $2.33m) would give us a grand total of $38m cap space to work with. Not to mention the fact that by doing this we'd need to structure all of those FA contracts to load their backends, PLUS we need to extend Julio this offseason so we don't end up needing to tag him in 2016, PLUS this leaves us without a kicker, RB, starting FS, and only leaves 3 WRs left on our roster.

You left Osi and Bierman off of your cut list. We need to keep Willy Mo. We're better with him.

Osi and Biermann are free agents, there's no need to cut them

Guest facelessman07

releasing Baker would actually cost us $1.9mreleasing Tyson Jackson would cost us $4.8mCutting Blalock, Konz, SJack and Moore would save like $9.1m in cap spaceyou're talking about giving out a minimum of $60m/yr worth of contracts when even cutting all the guys you suggested AND Harry Dougles (saves $3.5m) AND Babs (saves $2.33m) would give us a grand total of $38m cap space to work with. Not to mention the fact that by doing this we'd need to structure all of those FA contracts to load their backends, PLUS we need to extend Julio this offseason so we don't end up needing to tag him in 2016, PLUS this leaves us without a kicker, RB, starting FS, and only leaves 3 WRs left on our roster. Osi and Biermann are free agents, there's no need to cut them

But as a June 1st designation, cutting Baker should save around 4 mill.....correct?

With signing KJ Wright I could see the Seahawks letting go of Bobby Wagner. If he hits the market, that's who I really want.

Since we are dreaming.

the Seahawks aren't just going to RELEASE the 2nd best 4-3 MLB in the NFL to save just under $1m and his contract isn't up until 2016

But as a June 1st designation, cutting Baker should save around 4 mill.....correct?

well, it doesn't really matter at that point since by june 1st every free agent mentioned int he OP will have already signed somewhere.

That being said, read this for more info on how we can get around Baker's contract.

and I love the constant he's a georgia guy. Who da phok cares? why would we spend money on a receiver when we have 3 pretty good ones. oh man

Playing for your home team gives you more pride than just playing for your contract. I think growing up a Falcon fan and having a chance to play for them gives a little added motivation. That's just me

Edited by cereal killer

didn't the broncos just give Chris 42 mil?

Yeah, pretty certain they extended him a few weeks ago.

Suh is a possibility. He is going to get a $100M deal though.

J. Houston, we would love and would be the #1 target, but he is going to be tagged.

You got to be realistic and choose from Hughes/Worlids/Orakpo/guys like that.