What Rex Brings To The Falcons

Barry Allen

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take out the Lombardi, add a total inept offense and the inability to sustain success or take his team to the big game, and you'll be pretty well on.

Lol funny guy. Inept offense havent seen matt ryan have one yet. Your sources are wrong and im pretty sure you arent dumb enough to compare sanchez to matt

Lol funny guy. Inept offense havent seen matt ryan have one yet. Your sources are wrong and im pretty sure you arent dumb enough to compare sanchez to matt

Doesn't matter. If we had dan marino or rex lined up at QB himself back there. Whoever it is won't be put into position to succeed.

All jokes aside, I do think he's the best option out there.

Wasn't really a joke to be honest.

Guest Negatorris

Take out the Lombardi, add a total inept offense and the inability to sustain success or take his team to the big game, and you'll be pretty well on.

Did Rex bully you in high school or something?

Guest facelessman07

It's no guarantee that having Rex as a coach automatically equals championships

However, I see a championship coach in him. I believe he could get us there.

Who for a second doubts that if we actually had a defense in 2012 we woulda made the Super Bowl? I certainly don't

Who for a second doubts that if we actually had a defense in 2012 we woulda made the Super Bowl? I certainly don't

Agreed...while Rex aint perfect...he.brings several qualities Smitty didnt bring:

1. Rex will not coach scared. This was my biggest issue with smitty...especially on defense...he always coached with an aversion to risk. Remember when the saints came out of after halftime at the sb having to kickoff to the colts down big? Sean Peyton laid his sack on the table and called for an onside kick, which the saints recovered along with their ring. The football gods reward coaches who aint afraid to lay their sack on the table...and ugly as it is..rex aint scared to do so.

2. One of the few times Smitty showed any fire openly was berating Asante for showing fire after an int which drew a flag. Rex wouldnt have done so. Smitty's teams seemed to lack fire and heart...rexs wont.

3. Smitty's defenses played alot of basic, close to the vest, predictable schemes. Smitty's defenses reacted to what the offense did. Rex coaches his defenses to attack the opposing offense...make them react...and his defenses are anything but predictable.

Imo...if rex is hired...our first lombardi will come within two seasons.

Our defense in 2012 was solid. Classic bend don't break defense. 5th in PPG allowed. QBs only had a 77 QB Rating against us. (Also 5th best)

It fell apart in the NFC Championship game but the turnovers and 0 2nd half points scored didnt help either.

If our defense performed in 2013 & 2014 the way it did in 2012 we probably are a 9-7 to 11-5 team both seasons even with the injury plague.

Guest facelessman07

Our defense in 2012 was solid. Classic bend don't break defense. 5th in PPG allowed. QBs only had a 77 QB Rating against us. (Also 5th best)

It fell apart in the NFC Championship game but the turnovers and 0 2nd half points scored didnt help either.

If our defense performed in 2013 & 2014 the way it did in 2012 we probably are a 9-7 to 11-5 team both seasons even with the injury plague.

BBDB is not solid. A solid defense doesn't magically fall apart when facing top competition

A solid defense is proactive, not reactive. It's not this soft zone bs we've gotten accustomed to

Had Smitty not used his nose picking hand to call off the dogs we'd be 8-8 this year. And that's including this putrid defense!

All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu said: Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.

2. Therefore the clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.

3. By holding out advantages to him, he can cause the enemy to approach of his own accord; or, by inflicting damage, he can make it impossible for the enemy to draw near.

End quote.

Sun Tzu's wisdom, thousands of years old, is still taught at war college today...because it works.

A common theme throughout his masterpiece is the importance of attacking and deception.

Smitty's bbdb allows the offense to attack him...it is passive and does not allow much deception.

Rex's defenses are opposite.

Edited by Fiddlin John Carson

So true (i like your form Prime!)

Nolans 2012 performance was pretty impressive with our sub standard defencive front 7. Tbh nolan kinda hurt himself because TD thought he could release too many vets and hoped we wouldn't fall apart.

So true (i like your form Prime!)

Nolans 2012 performance was pretty impressive with our sub standard defencive front 7. Tbh nolan kinda hurt himself because TD thought he could release too many vets and hoped we wouldn't fall apart.

Rex does not bring a Lombardi, but what he does bring is:

1. A clear picture of how our defense will play.

2. Knowledge of how to use the media to promote his team.

3. A delegator that allows his subordinates to make crucial decisions.

#1 is what has been lacking during Smitty's tenure. Smitty got far from his defensive roots and this franchise paid for that mistake. Rex is not the sort of guy that will let that happen. If he fails, it will be because of what he believes, not because he made compromises.

#2 is the reason AB needs to hire Rex. PSL's are up for sale soon. Rex might be abrasive, but he certainly can stir the pot.

#3 is the reason that I like best. The guy that takes over our offense will know that he will make some of the most important decisions for this franchise. That is a receipt for eventual advancement. A clever OC can create a brand for himself and put himself in a position to become a HC. For this reason, Rex will be able to hire a very good OC.

I could see Rex winning a Super Bowl with the Falcons.I could also see Bowles winning one or Quinn leading us to a Lombardi trophy.

The thing about Rex is we already know what he's like as a head coach; loud crude tough as nails ,big personality .

What would Bowles or Quinn be like ? Both are defense guys , both seem like head coach material, who will King Arthur pull the trigger on?

Guest facelessman07

In a related video to that one: "Last year, we were under the radar, hey that's a good place to be....FCK THAT! The best place to be is on top when the expectations are high!"

I love this dude.

^This'un

Dude knows how to motivate players, that's FO 'SHO

In a related video to that one: "Last year, we were under the radar, hey that's a good place to be....FCK THAT! The best place to be is on top when the expectations are high!"

I love this dude.

Same here bro.

"Sacks are overra...yeah **C* that!" Lol laugh.png