Norv Turner Oc?

bigjmw84

their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their their

Can't do sideways moves, its called tampering. Minnesota is not that bad of a place to live in, not sure why the hate.

That's why he's not head coach material. Head coach is head coach of the whole team.

Would you rather have another "jack of all trades" HC who isn't really exceptional at anything?

Give me the best defensive mind on the planet who'll leave the offensive coordinator to run his side of the ball over that crap any day of the week, twice on Sundays, three times in January and four times in February.

Guest Negatorris

Rex doesn't touch offense. He doesn't even attend offensive meetings.

Didn't you know Lornoth was at every Jets practice and gameplan meeting, and even was on their sidelines during the games? He has the inside scoop on Rex.

Guest Negatorris

That's why he's not head coach material. Head coach is head coach of the whole team.

Makes you wonder why coordinators are even hired as head coaches, and how Smith was able to retain his job for 7 seasons... hmmmm.

Didn't you know Lornoth was at every Jets practice and gameplan meeting, and even was on their sidelines during the games? He has the inside scoop on Rex.

I seriously don't get why people are this ignorant. Blaming Rex for the Jets offensive woes is like saying "in high crime areas, the police are called more frequently, therefore in order to reduce crime, you should stop calling the police"

Would you rather have another "jack of all trades" HC who isn't really exceptional at anything?

Give me the best defensive mind on the planet who'll leave the offensive coordinator to run his side of the ball over that crap any day of the week, twice on Sundays, three times in January and four times in February.

I thought thats pretty much what the DC was supposed to do but the head coach was supposed to oversee EVERYTHING?

I seriously don't get why people are this ignorant. Blaming Rex for the Jets offensive woes is like saying "in high crime areas, the police are called more frequently, therefore in order to reduce crime, you should stop calling the police"

not really, rex was the head football coach, so that means he was over football operations when it comes to hiring and firing coordinators. So if his OC didnt work out or HIS offense didnt work, ut is ultimately on him. Regardless of the situation.

not really, rex was the head football coach, so that means he was over football operations when it comes to hiring and firing coordinators. So if his OC didnt work out or HIS offense didnt work, ut is ultimately on him. Regardless of the situation.

Well, I agree that "the buck stops here" with the HC in terms of any on-field failures. If the coordinators and/or the offensive scheme was the main issue, then it is the HC's fault because he is putting those things into place. In my opinion however, I do not think it was so much a problem of scheme or play-calling as it was a serious deficiency in offensive talent (specifically at the Quarterback position). While coaches can and should help accentuate the positive assets of all players (which Rex seems to be able to do on the defensive side), it would seem that quarterback is the one place on the field where "coaching'em up" is most likely to fail. If you don't have a stud, or close to it at the position, you are doomed for failure eventually.

I would like to see him have a chance to coach a team like the Falcons. I can't say for sure that the decision will work, but I am definitely intrigued. It sounds as though we will get to see it next year!

Go Falcons!

I'd rather have an offensive genius as HC and a defensive genius as DC, if I had a choice. However, I don't want any head coach that doesn't have a handle on the whole team. Offense, defense and special teams need to work together.

Rex just does not do it for me. He's Jerry Glanville 2.0. I hope he proves me wrong if we end up with him as coach.

I'd rather have an offensive genius as HC and a defensive genius as DC, if I had a choice. However, I don't want any head coach that doesn't have a handle on the whole team. Offense, defense and special teams need to work together.

Rex just does not do it for me. He's Jerry Glanville 2.0. I hope he proves me wrong if we end up with him as coach.

The problem with your comparison is that you're going back to a time when our QBs were Chris Miller, Wade Wilson, Bobby Hebert and Billy Joe Tolliver. And Rex is coming from a team who's QBs have been Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Brad Smith, Michael Vick and Geno Smith. WE HAVE A QB. And above that, WE HAVE a top 10 QB. That's the one thing I think everybody who doesn't want Rex Ryan is completely forgetting about, or at least neglecting to acknowledge.