The Qb Ranking According To Rc

Dirtybird#11

Alright so we have successfully accomplished making near every dang thread about the playoffs and the QBs in them. So what this thread is intended to do is to allow Yall who argue about QB rankings (looking at you Dave,TreeFiddy,and Vanilla) see each other's view points as to why they rank some QBs over the other. Now allow me to ad some fuel to the fire by posting my list.

ELITE QBs

1.Andrew Luck-He IMO is the best QB in the league. You can ask any person what QB they would want to start a team with and I would guarentee more than 40% would say Andrew Luck. He is just an all-around excellent QB.

2.Aaron Rodgers-This man will probably be the NFL MVP by seasons end which is rightfully so. He has carved up mostly every team there is while also being the epitome of great at home in Lambeau.

3.Tom Brady- they call him terrific Tom for a reason. For the longest time Brady has been elite, and Dolphins fans are just waiting for him to fade away but he never does.

4.Peyton Manning- deadly accurate is Peyton. I know this year wasn't his absolute best, but he still in my book is a top 5 QB. He most definitely like Brady will be a 1st ballot HOFer.

5.Joe Flacco- yes that's right I have Flacco ranked above Ryan. So homerism can't be used against me. He is one of the strongest armed QBs in the game and he knows how to perform in the big games.

6.Ben Roethlisburger- Big Ben is really a different animal with his enormous size for a QB. I mean he literally towers over centers, but he uses his size as an advantage to really be mobile an escape QB sacks by basically walking outta them. Plus he threw for a crap ton of yards this year.

7.Matt Ryan- here is my QB. Matty Ice when protected is a arguable top 3 QB, but when push comes to shove Matt tends to fold. I know everything isn't perfect in Falcons land, but that's something I gotta deal with because I know Matt has only won 10 games in his last 2 seasons. Here is to improvement across the board in the A-Town, but I still consider Matty ice elite in his own right especially with his new found mobility.

8.Tony Romo- Romo could jump Ryan if he finds a way to survive out in Lambeau this weekend. But Romo is a solid QB who dallas should be proud of! He finally seems to have it all together and he is having one awesome year.

2nd TIER QBs

9.Phillip Rivers-Sorry Chargers fans Rivers shown he isn't elite in that final matchup against KC in week 17. He played a horrible game which ultimately showed he is still good ole Rivers. He did however have one nice year this year so he slipped into my top 10!

10.Drew Brees-I'm sorry Saints fans the man has fallen off. I mean you know your QB is slowly getting worse when the HC of your team announces he plans on getting a rookie QB in the early rounds. But hey Brees still is in my top 10 so I'm bein modest

11.Matthews Stafford- I would've bumped up Stafford into my top 10 if he would've gotten his first playoff win, but sadly he didn't in Dallas. He does have one awesome cannon and when he is on he is very deadly.

12.Russell Wilson- the best dual threat QB in the game. He is excellent at moving around and extending plays. My only knock on him is that he has everything in his hands to be successful. I really wanna see how he does when Seattle's defense stumbles a little when cap starts to become a problem.

ON THE BRINK OF 2nd TIER

13.Andy Dalton-the ginger is literally Ryan 2.0 he has had his ups and downs in his career, but he still hasn't quite reached the elite status. I know I have him ranked below the 2nd TIER of QBs but if somehow he can one awesome season next year while also winning a few playoff games I could definitely see him moving on up.

14.Cam Newton-here is your savior panthers fans right in the middle of the pack. He by all means isn't a bad QB it's just he tends to either be a complete game changer or he looks like Jamarcus Russell. If he could find a middle ground between the two he would be in my 2nd tier QBs list.

15.Colin Kaepernick- he isn't as dominant as he was compared to years prior. Mostly because the rest of the league has figured him out, but maybe with a new HC he can find that solid balance between athletics and pocket passer that he needs to be successful.

16.Eli Manning-I know I know the man has 2 SBs in the lat decade, but this is more of a what have you done for me lately scenario. See when Eli is on he can compete with elite QBs, but when he is off you will see him Makin rookie mistakes like it's nobody's business.

17.Ryan Tannehill-he probably is the most underrated QB in the NFL. I mean he isn't a bad QB it's just he doesn't have anything that really stands out to me that would put him ahead of all the other QBs I got listed above.

THE REST OF THE PACK

18.Alex Smith

19.Teddy Bridgewater

20.Derek Carr

21.Mark Sanchez/Nick Foles

22.Ryan Fitzpatrick/Ryan Mallet

23.Kyle Orton

24.Colt McCoy/RGIII

25.Cardinals QBs

26.Austin Davis/Shaun Hill

27.Blake Bortles

28.Jay Cutler/Jimmy Clausen

29.Brian Hoyer/Johnny Manziel

30.Zack Mettenberger

31.Geno Smith/Mike Vick

32.Mike Glennon/Josh McCown

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck is not the best QB in the league.

QB ranking is talking about now not future.

Talk about homerism and insulting Brees. CSP has not said anything and everyone has blasted the media heads that was spreading rumors that CSP was looking for a QB in the early rounds.

:lol:

Flacco > Ben and Romo is hilarious. Flacco is far from the 5th best QB in the league. he might be "clutch" in the playoffs, but he's forever above average and thats it.

Edited by nola90

I think he really is now. Great fundamentals,tough as nails,can make every throw,very mobile,and doesn't get rattled. Don't get me wrong him an A-ARod are very close, but at this point I gotta go with the young gun. I also think Indy wins the SB this year...

Talk about homerism and insulting Brees. CSP has not said anything and everyone has blasted the media heads that was spreading rumors that CSP was looking for a QB in the early rounds.

:lol:

Flacco > Ben and Romo is hilarious. Flacco is far from the 5th best QB in the league. he might be "clutch" in the playoffs, but he's forever above average and thats it.

How many rings and playoff wins does Flacco have compared to Brees and Romo? And I see the Big Ben vs Flacco thing much like the Ryan vs Brees in the south. And this year much like Ryan vs Brees Flacco surpassed Ben.

Jesus kid. There's 8 QBs in the elite category? Do you even understand what elite means? 8 is a quarter of the league. Matt Ryan isn't in the same category as Rodgers. Neither is Rothlisberger. Or Flacco. Or Romo.

By all means this isn't supposed to be a my opinion is the right opinion,but feel free to post your list. To me Flacco,Ben,Romo,and Ryan all have certain situations that they're in that they make the most of. Ryan has the struggles of practically carrying the God awful coached and talent derived Falcons,Flacco has the responsibility to pick his game up a little especially since Rice isn't in Baltimore anymore,and Romo has really all of Texas watching him as he is supposed to finally develop and win some big games. As for Ben he is elite to me because of the monster year he had. Wasn't it like a 3 game stretch where he had 400+ passing yards

Didn't Brees pass for more yards and 5 more TD'S then Ryan??

He had 3 more int's thoe but I still failed to see how Ryan surpassed Brees..

37-34

30-14

Need I say more? And don't use defense as an excuse for Brees because Matt has the same problem going on in ATL. Those 2 matchups were strictly a battle of the QB in which both times Ryan won.

What does the saints loss to the Falcons have to do with Ryan better than Brees..

If that's the case

19-17

34-3

Cam is better then Ryan..

Smh Dave everyone knows Can isn'T even the 2nd best QB in the south no matter how bad you want it to happen. And you know dang well the only reason the Saints lost to us twice is because Ryan flat out outplayed Brees. That was really apparent in the 1st 37-34 win...

I know you are 12 but you can come up with a better reason then this..

Brees over the season passed for more yards and more TD'S then Ryan. Individual numbers say Brees is still the best in the south. .

Not to mention he has a ring and Ryan doesn't. .

Using a team success against another to say your Qb is better leaves you open to saying every QB your team lost to is better then Ryan. . Do you really want to use this as a argument? ?

Ok Dave would you like me to use the multiple threads that plainly say Ryan>Brees? Or how about the thread in TATF that shows Ryan's first 6 years compared to Brees and which QB was better at that point in their careers. See Dave Matt has just now entered elite status and has a few more years of this kind of play. While Brees is slowly on decline. All signs point to Ryan being the best QB in the south your just the one who won't accept it. Edited by DB#11_And_The_Polls

10.Drew Brees-I'm sorry Saints fans the man has fallen off. I mean you know your QB is slowly getting worse when the HC of your team announces he plans on getting a rookie QB in the early rounds. But hey Brees still is in my top 10 so I'm bein modest

2014 Passing Yards:

1. Drew Brees

2014 Completion %

2. Drew Brees

2014 Passing TDs

5. Drew Brees

2014 QBR

6. Drew Brees

2014 % of 1st Downs made on 3rd down passes

4. Drew Brees

2014 First Downs Made

1. New Orleans Saints

Yeah, sorry Saints fans the man has clearly fallen off of a cliff.

2014 Passing Yards:

1. Drew Brees

2014 Completion %

2. Drew Brees

2014 Passing TDs

5. Drew Brees

2014 QBR

6. Drew Brees

2014 % of 1st Downs made on 3rd down passes

4. Drew Brees

2014 First Downs Made

1. New Orleans Saints

Yeah, sorry Saints fans the man has clearly fallen off of a cliff.

His stats where fine, but you know something was off with him this year. Maybe it was that he didn't have a healthy WR/TE core? I know Cooks went down for the year,Stills was on and off the field all year,and Graham played the full season timid due to a shoulder injury. I mean usually the Saints would've capatilized on being in such a weak division defensively, but they kept letting us hang in there all the way to the point where we eliminated them from the playoffs in week 16.

How many rings and playoff wins does Flacco have compared to Brees and Romo? And I see the Big Ben vs Flacco thing much like the Ryan vs Brees in the south. And this year much like Ryan vs Brees Flacco surpassed Ben.

Poor Eli didn't get that consideration lol.

So Ryan and Brees are the only 2 players on the field in those 2 games? ?

Dang I didn't know.... you're right then.. ..

They where the headlines of the game.Everybody knows when the Falcons an Saints play it's a battle of the QBs. Your the only one who doesn't see this is you