So, Is Rex The New Coach?

mvcrook

This would be a huge mistake by the Falcons orginization, we thought the South was the laughing stock of the NFL if this guy shows up it will be the biggest joke since _______________________ !!!!!!!!!

Right, because his defenses are something to laugh at yeah?

I have mixed feelings about Rex if he gets the job. I do respect that the man knows how to coach D but I'm worried his blowhard personality won't be a good fit. I'm probably making a deal out of nothing, cause I do think the Falcons need some swagger and his personality might be the exact opposite of Smith's (which is something I would take into account - as a good thing - if I was Arthur).

I do not expect Rex to turn this D around next year. I think the Falcons have one of the worst front sevens in the NFL and there is only so much lipstick that can be put on that pig.

Rex Ryan, Falcons part ways after five-hour interview

The Atlanta Falcons and former New York Jets coach Rex Ryan have parted ways after spending the afternoon together on Tuesday.

Ryan's interview ended after five or more hours, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via a source informed of their situation.

The length of the interview is proof of mutual interest, even if both parties are moving on to their next round of interviews.

The Falcons still have an interview scheduled with Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles on Thursday, per Rapoport.

Now that Ryan has left Atlanta without a deal, the Buffalo Bills would like to speak with him as well, a source tells Rapoport.

It will be interesting to see if Ryan's camp maintains dialogue with the Falcons in the meantime.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast previews the Divisional Round and ranks the eight remaining quarterbacks in the playoffs. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.