680 Reporting Falcons Will Offer Job To Rex Ryan

g-dawg

I think we try to keep Koetter so we dont have to start over on O.... Just tweek it

I would be fine with that but, in Ryans interview on ESPN he mentioned it will be fun to learn a new offense or something along the lines of that. Which makes me think Koetter is done. I personally like Koetter so i have no problem with him staying.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible analogy. They do get to try out for the position.

Its called pee wee football, rec leagues, high school, college, and the Combine

And the rule is for minorities, not just blacks

Exactly smh at some of these dudes... and where exactly ar these "white" rbs and cbs anyway at the pro level? Where are the mexican rbs and cbs how about the middle eastern? Guess what white is not the only race other than black...the rule is to stop the practices that this country's majority has shown a history of participating in...get over it...

/conversation

I hope this is wrong. It's insulting if true, both to the fans, and to the other candidates. It proves they never took this seriously.

What if Rex made such a great impression that Blank was sold and didn't want to hear from anybody else?

Not saying that's what happened, but I think that's what happens when you get Blank's #1 guy into FB. I saw the Armstrong interview like everybody else, a Rooney Rule satisfier in case Rex was everything that would make Blank cream himself.

I'm a fan of hiring Rex, but it was set up between him and McDaniels. Bowles was a mid shot and Austin was a long shot. No way Blank hired him after only one year of results. Hard to sell tickets with Bowles.

What if Rex made such a great impression that Blank was sold and didn't want to hear from anybody else?

Not saying that's what happened, but I think that's what happens when you get Blank's #1 guy into FB. I saw the Armstrong interview like everybody else, a Rooney Rule satisfier in case Rex was everything that would make Blank cream himself.

I'm a fan of hiring Rex, but it was set up between him and McDaniels. Bowles was a mid shot and Austin was a long shot. No way Blank hired him after only one year of results. Hard to sell tickets with Bowles.

What is Bowles or Austin might have left a better impression? Take the process seriously. Don't just jump in head first, based on quick impressions.

Also, I think that we both know that's BS, considering all the reports we've heard about how Blank wanted him, before the interview ever even took place.

Exactly smh at some of these dudes... and where exactly ar these "white" rbs and cbs anyway at the pro level? Where are the mexican rbs and cbs how about the middle eastern? Guess what white is not the only race other than black...the rule is to stop the practices that this country's majority has shown a history of participating in...get over it...

/conversation

It's funny because the same coaches who decide the players are mostly white so is it white on white crime against white dbs and rbs??? Lol

What is Bowles or Austin might have left a better impression? Take the process seriously. Don't just jump in head first, based on quick impressions.

Also, I think that we both know that's BS, considering all the reports we've heard about how Blank wanted him, before the interview ever even took place.

But that's why Blank having sole power is troubling. He's focused on getting ticket sales and we all know Rex is the safest bet in that regard. Blank loved him the first time around.

He wanted Rex from jump and was going to get Rex. He put TD on notice saying "Work with Rex or get gone". He likes TD but loves Rex.

Blank is encroaching Jerry Jones territory...

But that's why Blank having sole power is troubling. He's focused on getting ticket sales and we all know Rex is the safest bet in that regard. Blank loved him the first time around.

He wanted Rex from jump and was going to get Rex. He put TD on notice saying "Work with Rex or get gone". He likes TD but loves Rex.

scary

I would be fine with that but, in Ryans interview on ESPN he mentioned it will be fun to learn a new offense or something along the lines of that. Which makes me think Koetter is done. I personally like Koetter so i have no problem with him staying.

On Sunday Shefty said we are letting Koetter interview with teams because thats what happen when a HC is fired but that we would like to keep him if we can (aka if the HC is cool with it)

He is still under contract

On Sunday Shefty said we are letting Koetter interview with teams because thats what happen when a HC is fired but that we would like to keep him if we can (aka if the HC is cool with it)

He is still under contract

I'm actually kinda intrigued now by the possibility of Kyle Shanahan, if we hire a defensive HC.

That sole power comes with being an owner at the end of the day it is his call regardless.

I just hope he understands that the ONLY way to draw people in Atlanta to fill the stadium is to win..... We have had our share of colorful characters and we have had our share of "excitement"............ We just need to win..... That is the ONLY thing that will bring fans to the stadium in Atlanta........and even then sometimes it is questionable.

If Rex Ryan has another 4 years like he had in NY we will be having this debate again and the stadium is only going to he half full.

/conversation

It does seem odd that there are more hispanics in this country than blacks, yet teams are not required to interview a hispanic for each coaching vacancy. I'm all for the Rooney rule, by the way, but it does seem like a double standard.

It does seem odd that there are more hispanics in this country than blacks, yet teams are not required to interview a hispanic for each coaching vacancy. I'm all for the Rooney rule, by the way, but it does seem like a double standard.

The Rooney Rule requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.

There aren't many Hispanics in coaching positions. Teams aren't required to interview a black person, they're required to interview a minority, it's just that there's many more Blacks in coaching positions than other minorities.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

There aren't many Hispanics in coaching positions. Teams aren't required to interview a black person, they're required to interview a minority, it's just that there's many more Blacks in coaching positions than other minorities.

african american would suffice.