Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zone#7

**early Mock Draft Thread/fa**

187 posts in this topic

Outside of Jahlil Okafor not sold on the other Duke boys, and it might be more of a Duke thing.

Justice got off to a slow start but I like his game alot.

Outside of Jahlil Okafor not sold on the other Duke boys, and it might be more of a Duke thing.

That's just crazy talk.

Jones is a stud.

Winslow is a big physical 18(!!)year old who is only getting bigger. Can hit a three and is unselfish.

Cook is a good shooter and defender but old.

That's just crazy talk.

Jones is a stud.

Winslow is a big physical 18(!!)year old who is only getting bigger. Can hit a three and is unselfish.

Cook is a good shooter and defender but old.

Not really looking at past history, and outside of a few guys I just get scared picking from Duke. I know Kyrie is good and Boozer was as well, but then looking and seeing Grant Hill and Elton Brand(nothing against him). Just over the years people build up the Duke Players, and some have been great, but then there are the others......................................We won't get into them *coughShellheadcough*.

Not really looking at past history, and outside of a few guys I just get scared picking from Duke. I know Kyrie is good and Boozer was as well, but then looking and seeing Grant Hill and Elton Brand(nothing against him). Just over the years people build up the Duke Players, and some have been great, but then there are the others......................................We won't get into them *coughShellheadcough*.

Are you saying Grant Hill and Elton Brand weren't good?

And "not looking at past history" makes no sense. For these players? How can you say you dont like a player if you arent looking at his past.

Are you saying Grant Hill and Elton Brand weren't good?

And "not looking at past history" makes no sense. For these players? How can you say you dont like a player if you arent looking at his past.

Talking about how they were good then, but when we talk about both players today I know about injuries than anything else. When they were ballin they were ballin I know that, but you looking at my post, and it was miss worded(speaking/typing too fast).

Not Really ----- Referring to your saying "That's crazy talk"

Looking at past history is me saying that looking back at Duke's Program. Grant Hill, Elton, a few other guys I know of it's good, but not great. I just get skeptical about picking Duke boys cause people can over-hype them Kyle Singlar and Shelden Willaims, and Gerald Henderson and there was a few others I remember hearing, and it's just why if the only guy I'd get from the team now would be Okafor at best.

Talking about how they were good then, but when we talk about both players today I know about injuries than anything else. When they were ballin they were ballin I know that, but you looking at my post, and it was miss worded(speaking/typing too fast).

Not Really ----- Referring to your saying "That's crazy talk"

Looking at past history is me saying that looking back at Duke's Program. Grant Hill, Elton, a few other guys I know of it's good, but not great. I just get skeptical about picking Duke boys cause people can over-hype them Kyle Singlar and Shelden Willaims, and Gerald Henderson and there was a few others I remember hearing, and it's just why if the only guy I'd get from the team now would be Okafor at best.

Saying Grant Hill and Elton werent great is crazy talk haha.

Elton was rookie of the year, All-NBA, top 10 in blocks 6 times, top 10 in RBs 5 times, averaged 20 and 10 for 9 seasons(600 games), averaed 2 blocks per game for his career. Dude was stud, he was just on ****** teams. And former Duke players with injury issues has no effect on current Duke players, or anyone for that matter.

Grant Hill was a 7 time all star, rookie of the year, All-NBA 5 times, had 7 seasons of 20ppg, averaged 22ppg, 8RBs, 6.5 assists, and a steal and half for 6 years in Detroit.

Grant Hill and Elton Brand were the furthest thing from disappointments. Theyre some of the greatest Duke players in the NBA lol.

Shelden sucked because he couldnt score. He was also drafted by Billy Knight which is like being drafted by Al Davis. It really has no baring on anything lol.

Gerald Henderson has had a decent career. He was also selected above Tyler Hansborough, Earl Clark, and Austin Daye. Id say Henderson is the winner of that group haha.

Kyle Singler was a second round pick....

Do I need to post the list off all the guys Duke has put into the league? I can understand having questions about these guys, but playing for Duke is not a good reason. Duke is an NBA factory.

jayu70 likes this

The only true bust from Duke outside of Sheldan Williams is probably JJ Redick and hes had an above average career.

*Add* Austin Rivers.

Saying Grant Hill and Elton werent great is crazy talk haha.

Elton was rookie of the year, All-NBA, top 10 in blocks 6 times, top 10 in RBs 5 times, averaged 20 and 10 for 9 seasons(600 games), averaed 2 blocks per game for his career. Dude was stud, he was just on ****** teams. And former Duke players with injury issues has no effect on current Duke players, or anyone for that matter.

Grant Hill was a 7 time all star, rookie of the year, All-NBA 5 times, had 7 seasons of 20ppg, averaged 22ppg, 8RBs, 6.5 assists, and a steal and half for 6 years in Detroit.

Grant Hill and Elton Brand were the furthest thing from disappointments. Theyre some of the greatest Duke players in the NBA lol.

Shelden sucked because he couldnt score. He was also drafted by Billy Knight which is like being drafted by Al Davis. It really has no baring on anything lol.

Gerald Henderson has had a decent career. He was also selected above Tyler Hansborough, Earl Clark, and Austin Daye. Id say Henderson is the winner of that group haha.

Kyle Singler was a second round pick....

Do I need to post the list off all the guys Duke has put into the league? I can understand having questions about these guys, but playing for Duke is not a good reason. Duke is an NBA factory.

Man Calm down you're trying to go all in, and I'm just sitting like can I have an opinion? Ever since the Teague debate you've just been going all into this serious as **** though now that has been bothering me I made a simple statement I just said I'm scared of drafting Duke player. I'm going to leave at that you think differently that's fine, and it's not about me defending my statements it's just an opinion.

Man Calm down you're trying to go all in, and I'm just sitting like can I have an opinion? Ever since the Teague debate you've just been going all into this serious as **** though now that has been bothering me I made a simple statement I just said I'm scared of drafting Duke player. I'm going to leave at that you think differently that's fine, and it's not about me defending my statements it's just an opinion.

Honestly, quit saying things that are just wrong if you dont want someone to respond. Dont get upset if you say Duke isnt a good team for NBA players and someone points out that thats false. Theyre perhaps the best. Dont say Elton and Hill were good but not great players. Thats just wrong.

Again. If you cant defend what youre saying, you might not want to say it.

This is a place for discussion. Its not twitter where you just say something and it goes off into cyberspace. Its a message board that operates like a mass text. If one of us disagrees with someone, we said why and defend it. Thats the whole point of this board.

If you go to TATF and say "I dont trust Miami players" you best believe people are going to say something lol.

It aint personal. Were all down here for discussion. Im discussing.

Honestly, quit saying things that are just wrong if you dont want someone to respond. Dont get upset if you say Duke isnt a good team for NBA players and someone points out that thats false. Theyre perhaps the best. Dont say Elton and Hill were good but not great players. Thats just wrong.

Again. If you cant defend what youre saying, you might not want to say it.

This is a place for discussion. Its not twitter where you just say something and it goes off into cyberspace. Its a message board that operates like a mass text. If one of us disagrees with someone, we said why and defend it. Thats the whole point of this board.

If you go to TATF and say "I dont trust Miami players" you best believe people are going to say something lol.

It aint personal. Were all down here for discussion. Im discussing.

You can respond, but if I say that that's just what I say it's opinion you're treating it as if I'm saying it's a fact. I never intended it to be a fact I know Boozer, Brand, Hill, and Kyrie from Duke were/are good players, but again looking back "FOR MYSELF" I don't trust Duke Players in my own opinion you can argue that and look like a fool, but it's my opinion.

If someone says I don't trust Miami players they can say that I won't ask much more from them maybe you do, but I don't. Also I'd word in a way that it doesn't come off as an attack too.

I'm skeptical of the players because from looking into it Grant Hill had promise then injury bug bit him forever. Elton Brand was kinda same way started off with great promise little later down the line injury bug bit him too.

When they both were ballin I understand they were good, but again asking random people about both of them injuries just like talking about T-mac.

Carlos Boozer has been good though I do give credit where it is due, and there are a few others I'm sure, but again looking back IMDO I'm just scared to pick Duke Players me not everyone else just ME!

Okay people's the NCAA Tournament is upon us just some quick updates we are now #9 in projected lottery pick order.

Some people who's draft stock is possibly on the rise Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stien although it seems like they were already good to begin with, but them going 34-0 possibly put KAT at #1 and Cauley is a lock as Top 10 pick most likely(without combines etc).

That's all I know so far I'll be watching the Tournament see what's up, but if we're picking anywhere, but Top 3 I think the pick is Kaminsky or an SF that's jut me

Either that or we trade back for an SG cause this draft seems loaded with PF and SF and some C

Could Schröder and Scott and that jersey pick get the hawks top 3?

Just go ahead and get the idea of trading Schröder out of your system. We finally land a genuine diamond in the rough and you want to trade him for a complete gamble. There is no Lebron in this draft. No Durant. And it is scary how good German could get. Kid is 21.
jayu70 likes this

Just go ahead and get the idea of trading Schröder out of your system. We finally land a genuine diamond in the rough and you want to trade him for a complete gamble. There is no Lebron in this draft. No Durant. And it is scary how good German could get. Kid is 21.

Pretty much this, and honestly at this point I wrote this on my phone it didn't post, but think about this for a second.

Sacramento wanted him for a Top 8 pick last season or before that now keep in mind this was a unproven 19 or 20 at the time German kid we only heard things didn't see them.

Heck we technically almost gave up on him(fans not front office(at least over at ajc I don't think I was here until this season) still though a #8 pick in last year's draft.

God forbid he gets better basically the potential in him is sky high right now. Trading him or Teague would require a team to give up "THE FARM" to even entertain that trade talk.

I might be going overboard, but when you really break it down there are only about 10 PG's that are untouchable right now I believe(might be off)

Hey just updating to see if anyone been paying attention to NCAA Tournament?

I've already said as most know on the Frank Kamisky bandwagon.

Hey just updating to see if anyone been paying attention to NCAA Tournament?

I've already said as most know on the Frank Kamisky bandwagon.

Yes man we know you driving the bandwagon laugh.png

Zone#7 likes this

Yes man we know you driving the bandwagon laugh.png

Hey man I'm just saying laugh.png Framit I want Kamiskyemot-rant.gif

Still I do like Willie as well out of Kentucky it's just that I feel like Kamisky is a leader for the Wisconsin team like without him there is no Wisconsin. That's how I felt last year about Dougie Mcbuckets(Really wanted us to draft him lol).

Hey man I'm just saying laugh.png Framit I want Kamiskyemot-rant.gif

Still I do like Willie as well out of Kentucky it's just that I feel like Kamisky is a leader for the Wisconsin team like without him there is no Wisconsin. That's how I felt last year about Dougie Mcbuckets(Really wanted us to draft him lol).

I think Kamisky is going to be a top five pick though bruh!

I think Kamisky is going to be a top five pick though bruh!

Well with the way he's been playing it's possible, but most people have him somewhere in the Teens and then on edge at say #10 in that area no clue why really.