Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

**early Mock Draft Thread/fa**

187 posts in this topic

I know AFMB doesn't have a Basketball Free Agency/Draft Column like Football did so that's what I'm making here.

Hopefully this can be used in the future as we're only half way through College Basketball, and just approaching halfway point in NBA Season.

But anyone who follows NCAAB closely if sometime later you guys can let us know which players are doing what like how they actually look.

The only thing I know is Jahlil Okafor is a lock at #1 and Kentucky is dominating see what I mean lol.

I haven't watched a single college game this year outside of uga and a few Duke games.

I have no idea about guys, but I do like cauley stein. But isn't he a PF?

My first target this year would be someone on the wings.

Im going to the unc lousiville game Saturday. I'll see if anyone looks good haha

I mean as of right now I know this thread will probably be moderated towards bottom, but I went ahead and set it up because I was talking about the Wisconsin kid on the other thread.

This is all very early like I added FA at the end, but problem with that I know is we're only half way done. No clue who's coming out this year neither in regards to FA like they mention Marc Gasol, but he could re-sign with Griz tomorrow lol.

So Prospects within our range right now that I could see coming.

Willie Cauley-Stein - C - Kentucky

Frank Kaminskey - C - Wisconsin

Justin Anderson - SF - Virgina

I doubt we draft PG or PF the reason I see us drafting C is because height/body weight reasons Horford is 6-10 and then there is Paul Milsap too

I haven't watched a single college game this year outside of uga and a few Duke games.

I have no idea about guys, but I do like cauley stein. But isn't he a PF?

My first target this year would be someone on the wings.

Im going to the unc lousiville game Saturday. I'll see if anyone looks good haha

@ WOR got a distinct(seriously never heard of the guy we got same last names) cousin that plays for Louisville, but he'll be gotten by another team he's the PG.

I haven't taken a look worth much either, I saw someone bring up a Hawks pick somewhere, I can't remember who they were, I'm sure they'll pick 27-30th.

I've not watched much college ball or put much thought into the 2015 draft yet but here's a few of my thoughts.

Freshman SG/SF Justise Winslow from Duke is about as athletic as anybody and can really attack the basket.

Frank "The Tank" Kaminsky is a prototypical "Coach Bud type player" IMO. At 6'11" Kaminsky can just about do it all.

He can score inside the paint, stretch the floor and shoot the ball from almost anywhere on the court including from behind the arc, defends really well inside the paint, and is also a very unselfish player who has great passing skills for a big man.

I've been a fan of Willie Cauley-Stein from Kentucky for a while now. He's limited for when it comes to shooting the ball but he's a great defender, shot blocker, and an awesome rebounder. The Hawks could definitely use a big like him. He's been getting comparisons to Tyson Chandler.

At our pick you really aren't going to get any of these name players.

You might get someone from a big school, but he will be a random guy, or a guy who isn't "athletic"

I think if we get the Nets pick we take Stanley Johnson or Winslow. They both fit the attitude and Bud could improve their shooting percentages.

Actually right now as it stacks up with Nets losing think we have the we fall between 16th to 10th pick range.

We still have rights to swap the draft picks this year think again next year too.

Frank Kaminsky is 7'0 at 240 pounds he'd be my pick right now we might just be a little outside for Willie Stein, but that's my other pick and possible SF to me we're overloaded at PF and PG, but SG, SF, and C we do need.

We all know its a good possibility that it will be a foreign player that we pick up in the draft

Some that stand out to me so far....I would totally butcher these names if I didn't have Google laugh.png

Kristaps Porzingis

Mario Hezonja

Marc Garcia

Egemen Guven

Just to name a few. I could write what I like about these prospects, I'm just too lazy right now tongue.png

I think we need another scoring threat for off the bench(preferably a SG) and a big.Then, we will be complete as a team.

I don't follow NCAAB at all except the top prospects, so I'm not sure who we should take. But I would like it be one of those two choices.

Who's out there at SG though haven't heard many names brought up this is a year for PG/C/PF looking like with a dash of SF.

Anyone know if the Nets pick is lottery protected?

I wanna say it's lottery specific. But I can't remember if I'm just making that up...

They might have to be in the lottery for us to get it.

So yeah from what I'm seeing like this is the last year we can swap picks too hopefully Nets go into full tank mode without realizing this, and we end up with #3 pick or highest possible pick right now we sit somewhere between 10th to 13th pick.

We're in the area that if the nets lose at all we flux between 4th to 16th(Seriously no joke).

While I was at the unc game I made sure to watch Harrell and Meeks.

If we don't get the Nets pick, Meeks would be a good player. He looks fat in just a jersey, but before the game in his warm-ups he just looks like a chiseled mule. He's very skilled. Non crazy big baby Davis? Would fit in well, but I dont want another big man unless they are a real starter. We already have enough backups.

Harrell was interesting. Dude is athletic and lived in the paint. They've got him as a PF prospect. And I kinda see some Millsap there. He's a little short and I'd like him at SF.

Signing DMC and Millsap should be priority #1. Priority #2 should be extending Shroeder (if this is possible at this point?) and Horford should be getting an extension as well.

As far as the draft...we do have that Tavares guy stashed overseas, so they need to figure out if he is ready.

Dear Nets: Please keep losing.

Bud loves Millsap.

I'm surprised as GM he doesn't just say screw it and sign him lol

I don't think they can until his contract actually expires. Something about 2-year deals.

ocoee_falcon likes this

Bud loves Millsap.

I'm surprised as GM he doesn't just say screw it and sign him lol

Millsap cannot be extended since he was originally signed to a 2 year deal. Same with DMC.
ocoee_falcon likes this

Signing DMC and Millsap should be priority #1. Priority #2 should be extending Shroeder (if this is possible at this point?) and Horford should be getting an extension as well.

As far as the draft...we do have that Tavares guy stashed overseas, so they need to figure out if he is ready.

Dear Nets: Please keep losing.

No need to worry about Shroeder's contract at the moment, he is still on his rookie deal and will be for the next 2 years.