I've read a lot of misinformation and lies about Rex Ryan on this board. I'm gunna go out on a limb and respectfully say that I know more about Rex Ryan and the Jets than anyone on this message board. So allow me to clear some things up and state some facts.

Fact #1

Rex Ryan had nothing (or VERY little) to do with the drafting of Mark Sanchez.

Fact #2

He had nothing to do with the drafting of Geno Smith.

Fact #3

He was barely involved at all with the Jets putrid offense, especially in the later years.

Fact #4

Players love him to death. I've never heard players gush about a coach the way Jets players talk about Rex Ryan.

Fact #5

After getting to 2 AFC Championship Games with a bottom tier QB, he was sabotaged by Jets owner, Woody Johnson, and the Tim Tebow circus/nightmare was forced upon Rex.

Fact #6

After building a championship caliber defense, Rex was sabotaged again by owner Woody Johnson when he forced "GM" John Idzik to trade the best player on the Jets, Darelle Revis.

Fact #7

Rex Ryan was sabotaged AGAIN when everyone realized that "GM" John Idzik was a horrible talent evaluator and was basically just a salary cap guy so Woody Johnson could save money.

Fact #8

Rex Ryan is sabotaged AGAIN by owner and "GM" when they were 20 million under the cap for the 2014 season. The "GM" kept the cap under 20 million for the 2014 season despite the fact that from April till now, the Jets have had cornerbacks (a very important position in Rex's defense) that make Domonique Foxworth look like Deion Sanders.

Fact #9

Rex Ryan is a defensive mastermind. He is an offensive dunce.

Fact #10

He is the perfect coach for the Falcons. Outside of a lineman or two, maybe a RB, the Falcons are pretty set on offense. They need defensive help and leadership. Rex excels in those areas.

Want the Falcons to be tough for the first time in their existence? Hire Rex

Want the Falcons to fight for each other? Hire Rex

Want ultimate chemistry in the locker room and on the field? Hire Rex

Want to win a Super Bowl? Hire Rex

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You should study up on the gritz blitz. We had one of the baddest, toughest defenses in the history of the nfl.

There's plenty more out there but...

Atlanta Falcons' Grits Blitz Defense: http://youtu.be/BVvQkogGajc

I don't believe the first 3. True or not, it looks bad on his leadership either way.

#3 it was the later years that Rex got involved in the offense. He had zero input on the O during the first 3 years while Brian Shottenheimer was there.

For the "ultimate" chemistry, there are a lot of individual stories from players who have either left the Jets, or who spoke anonymously from 2010 to 2014, about the lack of chemistry in the Jets locker room. Is some of it sour grapes from lack of playing time or not being kept? Absolutely, but with that much smoke..... Even Rex's biggest fanboy, Darrelle Revis, admits the lack of chemistry & that Ryan was clueless about the locker room http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/revis-says-rex-didnt-know-about-problems-in-jets-locker-room/

Rex could be the Second Coming of Jesus and he still wouldn't be

able to do much more than 8-8 with the Falcons' terrible roster.

The coaching on this team was only about 30% of the problems the

past couple years. The lack of talent has doomed us to bad

football for the next half decade, regardless of who's coaching.

#3 it was the later years that Rex got involved in the offense. He had zero input on the O during the first 3 years while Brian Shottenheimer was there.

For the "ultimate" chemistry, there are a lot of individual stories from players who have either left the Jets, or who spoke anonymously from 2010 to 2014, about the lack of chemistry in the Jets locker room. Is some of it sour grapes from lack of playing time or not being kept? Absolutely, but with that much smoke..... Even Rex's biggest fanboy, Darrelle Revis, admits the lack of chemistry & that Ryan was clueless about the locker room http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/26/revis-says-rex-didnt-know-about-problems-in-jets-locker-room/

"Zero input"? Does anyone want a leader that has zero input into half of the 53 man roster?

I don't expect a defensive minded coach to be the master of the offense, but the notion he doesn't have input on who his starting QB is, is nuts.

Sorry, if you guys are dismissing McDaniels for drafting Tebow, Rex should get a lot of heat for trading for him.

That Revjs article doesn't help his case either.

Rex could be the Second Coming of Jesus and he still wouldn't be able to do much more than 8-8 with the Falcons' terrible roster. The coaching on this team was only about 30% of the problems the past couple years. The lack of talent has doomed us to bad football for the next half decade, regardless of who's coaching.

Considering the team would have been 8-8 if not for the coach's brainfarts in two games, I lul'd.

"Zero input"? Does anyone want a leader that has zero input into half of the 53 man roster?

I don't expect a defensive minded coach to be the master of the offense, but the notion he doesn't have input on who his starting QB is, is nuts.

Sorry, if you guys are dismissing McDaniels for drafting Tebow, Rex should get a lot of heat for trading for him.

That Revjs article doesn't help his case either.

How many offensive coordinators have the power to bench their #1 WR mid-game without even informing the HC that he was benched? Happened with the Jets when Shottenheimer was there. Rex found out when asked about it by reporters after the game.

don't doubt his defensive prowess but a HC, especially with his 'big' personality' is going to involve himself in all phases of the team. Why not pay the man top money to give us the defense we all want as DC; hire a HC with an over all perspective, manage development of players and organizing skills; a OC with authority who can inject new ideas into our best asset. Coordinators to be heavily involved in choosing position coaching. Hopefully keep Mike Tice, Armstrong and Robiski.

How about Gase as HC---offensive mind, very strong endorsement from P.Manning. Leave the defense to Rex. Allow Gase to bring in his choice for OC.

Flame away!!

How many offensive coordinators have the power to bench their #1 WR mid-game without even informing the HC that he was benched? Happened with the Jets when Shottenheimer was there. Rex found out when asked about it by reporters after the game.

what kind of HC doesn't know that his #1 WR isn't on the field? And what kind of HC would give an OC that kind of power in the first place?

I've read a lot of misinformation and lies about Rex Ryan on this board. I'm gunna go out on a limb and respectfully say that I know more about Rex Ryan and the Jets than anyone on this message board. So allow me to clear some things up and state some facts.

Fact #1

FACT is,,, you cant prove that either way

Fact #2

Prove it!

Fact #3

He was barely involved at all with the Jets putrid offense, especially in the later years.

Fact is WTF would want a HC that is not involved with the Offense.

Fact #4

Players love him to death. I've never heard players gush about a coach the way Jets players talk about Rex Ryan.

And he loves smelly socks WTF cares

Fact #5

After getting to 2 AFC Championship Games with a bottom tier QB, he was sabotaged by Jets owner, Woody Johnson, and the Tim Tebow circus/nightmare was forced upon Rex.

Making excuses for a Loser.

Fact #6

After building a championship caliber defense, Rex was sabotaged again by owner Woody Johnson when he forced "GM" John Idzik to trade the best player on the Jets, Darelle Revis.

More excuses,,,, do you have a tattoo of Sanchez too?

Fact #7

Rex Ryan was sabotaged AGAIN when everyone realized that "GM" John Idzik was a horrible talent evaluator and was basically just a salary cap guy so Woody Johnson could save money.

Who would sabotage a buffoon of a HC,,,,? Inconceivable!

Fact #8

Rex Ryan is sabotaged AGAIN by owner and "GM" when they were 20 million under the cap for the 2014 season. The "GM" kept the cap under 20 million for the 2014 season despite the fact that from April till now, the Jets have had cornerbacks (a very important position in Rex's defense) that make Domonique Foxworth look like Deion Sanders.

Fact #9

True

Fact #10

He is the perfect coach for the Falcons. Outside of a lineman or two, maybe a RB, the Falcons are pretty set on offense. They need defensive help and leadership. Rex excels in those areas.

You sound a lot like #9

Delusions of Grandeur.

Fact #1

Fact #2

Fact #3

Fact #4

Fact #5

Fact #6

Fact #7

Fact #8

Fact #9

Fact #10

applause-clapping-the-addams-family-brav

There's no way Rex wanted tebow. Just look at how Rex handled him when he was there. Guy wanted nothing to do with Tim.

Which leads me to think there's also a very large chance he had nothing to do with geno or Vick either.

Iirc wasn't geno like a "well He's still around, we gotta take him" kinda deal? That's not the kind of situation I'd exp3ct where a coach would be banging on the table saying get me this guy!!!

Similar to Manziel in Cleveland.