Would You Trade The #8 Overall To Chiefs For Houston ?

MSalmon

Before you go ballistic,please note this a discussion thread that's way out of the box in thinking and probably not happening:)

Ask yourself these things before replying:

1) is pass rusher our biggest need?

2) is the still young Houston better than any pass rusher I this draft?

3) is he more of a "guarantee" than say a Ray at #8?

Discuss

Guest facelessman07

If it weren't for that huge contract he's gonna demand I'd be more apt to

I'd rather keep the pick

We'd have an unhealthy amount of money tied up in 3 players. Not the way to building a sustainable, winning team

Edited by facelessman07

NO I wouldn't because there is a need for more than one pass rusher on our roster and it wouldn't be wise to cash out on pass rushers only

I get your reasoning, but to be honest if something like this went down, we could easily still sign a McPhee , draft a Golden or Orchid in 2nd or 3rd and sign a guy like Harris to lay ILB.

If it weren't for that huge contract he's gonna demand I'd be more apt to

I'd rather keep the pick

We'd have an unhealthy amount of money tied up in 3 players. Not the way to building a sustainable, winning team

The dollars is the negative ...however, big dollars demanded will be an issue for any top tier pass rusher like JPP as well,or of course for a guy like Suh

Guest facelessman07

The dollars is the negative ...however, big dollars demanded will be an issue for any top tier pass rusher like JPP as well,or of course for a guy like Suh

If we could structure it correctly and he hit the market I'd have no problem paying him

I would hate however to pay him AND give up a valuable draft pick

The only reason we should have to trade for houston is if they taged him. If they dont tag him then we could without a doubt outbid them in FA for his services and save a draft pick. And if they do sign him long term then we go after another top tier pass rusher and keep our pick. Someone is gonna test free agency this year and my bet is that its houston. Hope we get him without giving up our pick. If we get him i doubt it will be through a trade.

I'm not a contract/cap expert, but if we could extend Julio and sign Houston without it crippling our cap then fine with it, but wouldn't prefer it. I'd rather just pay Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes though who both would probably be payed as much as Houston alone. And probably less.

The main concern for me is #1 what it would do to the cap and #2 if he were to get injured/suspended like Jairus Byrd did for the Saints after signing that big deal.