What Are Top 3 Characteristics You Want In Hc?

For me its 1)track record of coaching up young players and getting good minutes out of rookies, 2)track record of correctly picking players that were what you hoped they would be, 3)track record of doing best coaching in 2nd/4th quarters. I don't mind fast starters that shows preparation was correct, but I want to see consistency through 4 quarters which shows ability to make in game adjustments.

#1 - MOTIVATOR - Someone to keep all players playing at a high level for a whole game.

#2 - Game Management - Several games showed that weakness. Not just clock management but making sure everyone is in position to do their job and making adjustments to.

#3 - Player Recognition - Acquisition of personnel to accomplish the goals of winning. Building the OL and Defense with players that are capable of getting the job done.

Also needed - BALLS - Less punting on 3rd and 1, going for the TD instead of FG's inside the 3 yard line. Occasionally going for 2-point conversions.

#1 - MOTIVATOR - Someone to keep all players playing at a high level for a whole game.

#2 - Game Management - Several games showed that weakness. Not just clock management but making sure everyone is in position to do their job and making adjustments to.

#3 - Player Recognition - Acquisition of personnel to accomplish the goals of winning. Building the OL and Defense with players that are capable of getting the job done.

Also needed - BALLS - Less punting on 3rd and 1, going for the TD instead of FG's inside the 3 yard line. Occasionally going for 2-point conversions.

could not have said it better.....

i would add killer instinct.... i dont wanna be up by 21 only to tone it down.... win by 50 for all i care!!!!

1) Creative - A guy who can do things that NFL defenses and offenses are not ready for.

2) Leader with Belief from the Team - A guy who people will play for and listen too.

3) A man who understands Talent - Forget where they were drafted or who gets paid what, it's all about using talent in the right places.

Guys like Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh fit the mold. I would actually be ok with hiring the Oregon coach if he was available. I would rather take a chance and grow with a guy who is willing to do things OUTSIDE the box rather than SMITTY BALL.

Guest Mr Plow

1. Intelligent. This isn't high school football or a weight lifting contest. A successful head coach needs to have a lot going on in the brains department.

2. An appreciator of history. History repeats itself over and over again. A successful head coach looks to the successful recipes of the past and doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. (wild cat offense)

3. Confidence. Don't play not to lose, but instead play to win and play with an attitude that the other team can't stop you.

Adaptive: Can create a scheme that maximizes the talent, doesn't square peg players to force them in a scheme or football philosophy

Anticipatory: someone smart and imaginative enough to anticipate what the opponent might do, and how they will adjust to how we are going to play, and how we are going to adjust to them.

Aggressive: not afraid to keep the pedal down. Attacks a teams weakness instead of "taking what they give you". Steps on the opponents throat, and doesn't let up.

- Strategist. Not a rah rah guy. Someone who can game plan and make adjustments.

- Good player evaluator. No one is perfect. Everyone has had their hits and misses and some of this goes to the GM, but I want someone who has an eye for talent and how to use it properly

- Business like approach to the game. I want him to be respected by his players, but I don't want him to be like Jim Mora Jr. was and be like their buddy.

^^^ Thank you for saving me a lot of time by typing all the above.

Guest Homer the Brave

Wears hoodies with cutoff sleeves on the sidelines

Mumbles inaudibly when questioned in pressers

Has three previous Super Bowl rings

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

Wears hoodies with cutoff sleeves on the sidelines

Mumbles inaudibly when questioned in pressers

Has three previous Super Bowl rings

Sorry the Falcons aren't interviewing my Madden-Create-a-Coach character.

Adaptive: Can create a scheme that maximizes the talent, doesn't square peg players to force them in a scheme or football philosophy

Anticipatory: someone smart and imaginative enough to anticipate what the opponent might do, and how they will adjust to how we are going to play, and how we are going to adjust to them.

Aggressive: not afraid to keep the pedal down. Attacks a teams weakness instead of "taking what they give you". Steps on the opponents throat, and doesn't let up.

My three right here. It irked me so bad that Smitty led teams could not anticipate the other team's moves. You would think being a former DC this would be easy for him but it was like rocket science. Only time it happened was on the fake screen plays. Not on mid game gameplans. Funny how he thought in game adjustments were a myth, just like sacks.