Mcdaniels Not Looking Like He Will Be Hc Anywhere

Reading between the lines here - doesn't seem like he even really wants a new position (as some reports stated) - http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4775590/josh-mcdaniels-comments-on-interviews

Asked if "moving on" meant he was still leaving the door open in the future or if that meant he was taking his name out of consideration, McDaniels said: "I just had an initial meeting with them and it hasn’t really gone any further in either direction. So, again, I’m back to focusing on the next task at hand for us, which is the Ravens. I’m sure they’ll do what they need to do on their end. I’m sure those things will take care of themselves in the future.”

On to Bowles and Sexy Rexy!

I agree that its not a given he goes anywhere. I've talked with Patriots fans who said he REALLY likes being in New England and some believe he is patiently waiting to take over for Belichik in a few years. I don't know how much i believe the last part because who knows how long Belichik has left, but you never know. I can definitely see him staying.

I don't think the article means anything other than, "I'm excited about my interviews, but I promise I'm focused on getting my team ready to play right now." Typical coachspeak.

It says in this article that he said "I just had an initial meeting" ... as in not even a real interview, just ATL and NYJ kicking the tires... and already talk of "moving on".

I mean its up for dispute, obviously, but I just don't get the feeling he is that interested (nor are we).

Just sounds like coach speak to me. If he'd nailed the interview with the Falcons and they told him they were hiring him after the Pats season was over, he'd be saying the same thing.

If he had wanted to end speculation, he could have said, "I'm staying here", he didn't

Because he's not dumb. No one is going to slam a door like that shut. If we interview everyone else and then go "lets throw $50 million at josh mcdaniels" I'm pretty ******* sure he'd be on the first flight here

McDaniel is Lane Kiffin the 2nd. More than half his team in Denver wanted to beat him up beforfe he left Denver. He is nothing but a know it all punk that knows nothing. Just like the failed GMs that recommended him be interviewed. TD, McKay, Banner and Pioli should have been fired on the spot for even mentioning him as a candidate. Blank should have recognized this as a CYA move and cleaned his house. The only way to get of rats is burn the nest. Not bring more in. Blank needs to learn this. TD, McKay, Pioli, and Banner are getting too comfortbale in their nest. And you don't see too many NFL teams calling Flowery Branch asking to interview them do ya? Take out the garbage Blank. No reason at all why these incompetent people should even be involved in new hire process much less even employeed by Falcons as of today's date! Thought Blank had better business acumen than this.

I don't think the article means anything other than, "I'm excited about my interviews, but I promise I'm focused on getting my team ready to play right now." Typical coachspeak.

^^^^ Exactly. Is McDaniels comfortable in New Englead? Yes, LDO, but to say he'd pass on another HC opportunity, especially the biggest plumb HC job of all the current vacancies? C'mon, man. No way he'd stay in New England.

He can't be hired until his team is eliminated. He gave the only answer he could at this time. I don't want him because there have been too many on Belichek's coaching tree who proved that they weren't Belichek even though they all came with the same funky disposition. Mangini, McDaniels, Weiss, Crennel. None was as innovative as their guru and their leadership in times of crisis appeared to be lacking.

I'll pass.

So, if he left the door open to be hired, which he did, then your first post is invalid.

Its insinuated that he wants to take over for Belichick and is fine waiting it out in NE - he is leaving the door open in case someone barrels it down - my whole point is Blank wouldn't do that. Maybe I should have specified it doesn't look like he will be coaching here. Blank isn't going to chase someone who is on the fence, doesn't strike me as that kind of businessman.

I agree that its not a given he goes anywhere. I've talked with Patriots fans who said he REALLY likes being in New England and some believe he is patiently waiting to take over for Belichik in a few years. I don't know how much i believe the last part because who knows how long Belichik has left, but you never know. I can definitely see him staying.

That's actually what I've thought he was doing. Waiting to take over.

McDaniel is Lane Kiffin the 2nd. More than half his team in Denver wanted to beat him up beforfe he left Denver. He is nothing but a know it all punk that knows nothing. Just like the failed GMs that recommended him be interviewed. TD, McKay, Banner and Pioli should have been fired on the spot for even mentioning him as a candidate. Blank should have recognized this as a CYA move and cleaned his house. The only way to get of rats is burn the nest. Not bring more in. Blank needs to learn this. TD, McKay, Pioli, and Banner are getting too comfortbale in their nest. And you don't see too many NFL teams calling Flowery Branch asking to interview them do ya? Take out the garbage Blank. No reason at all why these incompetent people should even be involved in new hire process much less even employeed by Falcons as of today's date! Thought Blank had better business acumen than this.

Nailed it.