The Fans Want Rex By A Landslide

Tomlin is an outstanding coach. You can't sustain the level of player development that the Steelers did for about 7 years. You will take some hits. When Brady is gone NE will be a 0.500 team, Pittsburg has an old defense and is still making the playoffs. I wish Pitt would fire Tomlin. We would hire him in a second if they did.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will King Arthur listen to his subjects ?

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/4/7489107/the-falcons-head-coaching-candidate-poll

Total votes - 3795

Which of these oft-discussed candidates should the Falcons hire?

• 25% Todd Bowles (941 votes)
  • 5% Adam Gase (176 votes)
  • 5% Teryl Austin (181 votes)
  • 41% Rex Ryan (1548 votes)
  • 11% Dan Quinn (404 votes)
  • 2% Doug Marrone (86 votes)
  • 8% Josh McDaniels (294 votes)
  • 4% None of the above (165 votes)
Which means it would probably be a bad hire.

Will King Arthur listen to his subjects ?

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/4/7489107/the-falcons-head-coaching-candidate-poll

Total votes - 3795

Which of these oft-discussed candidates should the Falcons hire?

• 25% Todd Bowles (941 votes)
  • 5% Adam Gase (176 votes)
  • 5% Teryl Austin (181 votes)
  • 41% Rex Ryan (1548 votes)
  • 11% Dan Quinn (404 votes)
  • 2% Doug Marrone (86 votes)
  • 8% Josh McDaniels (294 votes)
  • 4% None of the above (165 votes)

well, by gawd that's surely the way to go. We can tell by the sampling here on these boards that the fans are ALWAYS right.

Absolutely if Tomlin was fired by Steelers Falcons would hire him in a minute. THAT is the type of coach I am talking about. Not some clown like Rex. Or retread like McDaniel.

Tomlin

Dungy

Dantonio

Gary Patterson (TCU)

All PROVEN winners. Not some shot in the dark take a chance coach. Longevity on the job. If Rex was so great New York would not have gotten rid of him. Open your eyes folks. We need to be going after coaches that are not looking for a job!!! Why have a search firm working for you if all they are going to do is give you a bunch of driftwood candidates. Is anyone at Korn Ferry making cold calls to new blood. On the phone benches. Bring Blank some REAL candidates!

This is poor hire. Rex just happens to be the most recognizable name. Rex is a patchwork coach. If he is hired we will be in same situation 4 to 5 years from now. He is no better than Smitty. Falcons need a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber coach. Rex needs to go to Monday Night Football. Somewhere where his class clown antics work. They don't work long in a locker room. Look at SuperBowl/Championship caliber coaches: Knoll, Landry, Seifert, Walsh, Belichik, Tomlin. None of these guys are class clown type personalities. They are ALL no non-sense type, professional type coaches. That is why I keep saying Dantonio from Michigan State would be great fit.

Rex is better than Smitty

They realize the obvious. Our defense has been the weak point of this team for FAR too long and we have the chance to land the current best defensive mind in football. It makes too much sense.

You jumped over a lot of good defensive minds to tab Rex as "the best defensive mind in football". Wow.

It's a win win really. He is the big name that will fire up the fans up at a time when they need to fire the fans up and I think he is the right fit anyway. I'd be stunned if he doesn't get the job.

I'm resigning myself to him getting hired for no other reason than Blank wanting him but I expect nothing good to come of it. Either he'll revert to the blowhard he was his first couple of seasons with the Jets or he'll continue to have the weak, defeated demeanor he has had the last couple of years. It's not like he's the only top notch defensive mind we can pick from for this job.

I bet the Sexy Rexy name sells more PSLs for Art than any of the other candidates......Art is going to consider that IMO ....

yes, selling PSL's is part of the HC equation - none of the other HC candidates will sell PSL's. Obviously #1 is getting the best HC as winning sells the most PSL's - but Rex should be able to do both.

Rex is a PR move that tanks. 9 win coach at best in Atlanta. How long before locker room gets tired of his antics? PR moves don't win Super Bowls. Falcons need to decide if they want to sell tickets for a 2 year window and be right back where we are now. Or if they want to build it RIGHT and have Falcons ticket be something of value.

yes, selling PSL's is part of the HC equation - none of the other HC candidates will sell PSL's. Obviously #1 is getting the best HC as winning sells the most PSL's - but Rex should be able to do both.

Because if he proved anything over the past three years it's that he definitely will not completely ignore the side of the ball he does not specialize in and that he'll win on a regular basis.

Wining sells PSLs period. Rex will sell initial seats but if you get into year 3 and he flops people will exit in droves. Need to make sure you hit this time and get a consistent winner. Sticking to your "values" means sometimes making hard decisions that are not the most popular in the short term but are best for the franchise in the long term. Hard decisions need to be made. #1- TD, McKay, Pioli, and Banner need to be let go. #2- Blank needs a can't miss winner coach that will hire his OWN GM and rebuild all levels of franchise. Period. I'd rather suck for 2 years and have a coach with a plan than have some patch work coach like Ryan that is a clown.

Wining sells PSLs period. Rex will sell initial seats but if you get into year 3 and he flops people will exit in droves. Need to make sure you hit this time and get a consistent winner. Sticking to your "values" means sometimes making hard decisions that are not the most popular in the short term but are best for the franchise in the long term. Hard decisions need to be made. #1- TD, McKay, Pioli, and Banner need to be let go. #2- Blank needs a can't miss winner coach that will hire his OWN GM and rebuild all levels of franchise. Period. I'd rather suck for 2 years and have a coach with a plan than have some patch work coach like Ryan that is a clown.

His brand of ******** led to Fireman Ed not going to anymore Jets games. laugh.png

But, sure, lets bring in Rexy to sells PSLs that aren't even up for sale for another two years. I'm sure he'll do a great job of that and that is totally what head coaches are here for.

Because if he proved anything over the past three years it's that he definitely will not completely ignore the side of the ball he does not specialize in and that he'll win on a regular basis.

comparing the Jets offense to the Falcons offense is like comparing the Falcons defense to the Seahawk defense - apples and oranges.

all Rex has to do w/ Falcons offense is hire a competant OC and not mess it up - I feel confident that Rexy can do those two things.