The Cap Math.

Before making any moves we have around 25mio $.

Extending Lowery, Spoon and Bryant will moves us back to around 20 $ I assume.

Cut:

Blalock is gonna take up around 3 or 4 mio regardless of when he is cut. But he will save the same in space.

Baker: If he is cut before june 1st he will take more than 9 mio - and after only 2. No brainer( proof of TD's incompetence)

Sjax: Will free up around 4 and only take 1.

Babs: wil freee up 3.6 and take around 1 or 0.5 if he is later than june 1st.

Konz: free uo around 2 and tak only 0.2

These are the ones we should look at. Then there's guys you've been talking about cutting: Moore, Goodman, Soliai, Douglas: Soliai and Moore are carrying way to much dead money, goodman only frees a little bit and Douglas is to good to be cut.

The total cap number estimated by my calculations is around 33.8 mio $ ( and I subtracted 1,5 just to be fair)
We are looking at a lot of money, but at least 1/4 should be spend on Julio Jones.

Sam Baker will have a difficult time signing with another team if he's cut, which means he may agree to a pay cut. I think it may be better to make him accept a salary cut to about 2M and keep him as backup.

thats still an expensive backup.

Baker should have bever been signed to that contract, and if so, TD shoild of made sure the team secured themselves with incentives and stipulations.

Smh..

Yes he is guaranteed his 4.5M salary. Where are you coming up with this stuff. He's not going to take a pay cut. Get that out of your head. He's owed that money whether they cut him or not.

Do you even know what you're talking about? He won't get his salary if he's cut. He's not owed any more money if he's cut because he has received all his guaranteed money already.

His salary is not guaranteed, hence the incentive for the pay cut. Of course it will only make sense for him if he can't get that money elsewhere, but I don't think he can.

Do you even know what you're talking about? He won't get his salary if he's cut. He's not owed any more money if he's cut because he has received all his guaranteed money already.

His salary is not guaranteed, hence the incentive for the pay cut. Of course it will only make sense for him if he can't get that money elsewhere, but I don't think he can.

He has already received all 18.25 M in guaranteed money?

How is this for cap math? On defense take care of Hagemann, Moore, Spoon, and Trufant. And on offense take care of Freeman, Douglas, Ryan, Matthews, and Smith, and Jones. And cut everyone else because they are third rate and would not even start on other NFL rosters. Then sit down with Ryan and tell him he is going to have to restructure his contract so you can go out and get some offensive linemen and if he doesn't restructure get rid of him. Then sit down with Julio and say you'd like for him to be a Falcon for a long time but you can't pay him Calvin Johnson type money next year and if that is going to be an issue with him then trade him in this years draft so you can move up and get Leonard Williams DE out of USC. Then fire McKay, Dimitrof, Pioli, and Banner because all 4 of these individuals are worthless as boobs on a bull and no one else in NFL would even hire these clowns. Go out and find you a championship coach whether it be at NFL or NCAA level, will not matter and let them bring in their own staff and pick their own GM. This is how you go from a 2nd tier franchise to a winning franchise.

He's guaranteed

As I said to the other guy, why would he take a paycut?????

Baker doesn't have any more guaranteed money coming to him, if they cut him, he gets nothing. The dead money is prorated bonuses that accelerate into the current year's cap if he's cut/traded/retires.

He takes a pay cut because his other option is getting cut and not making any money. No other team is going to pay him anything-some team may give him a one year minimum salary deal to see if he can stay healthy, he can get that here and not have to move and learn another offense.

He's guaranteed

As I said to the other guy, why would he take a paycut?????

To have a job, that pays. It will depend on the market for him, and I doubt there will be one, so a pay cut (to about 2M/year) is possible.

He is not guaranteed any more money, and you obviously have no clue how the cap works.

He takes a pay cut because his other option is getting cut and not making any money. No other team is going to pay him anything-some team may give him a one year minimum salary deal to see if he can stay healthy, he can get that here and not have to move and learn another offense.

The only reason he may not take a pay cut and stay in Atlanta is that he's not going to be a starting LT here, and may not beat out Schraeder for the RT starting position either. He may feel that another team may give him a better chance to start.