In Just 7 Days Or Less From Today....

JG2008

In just 7 days or less from today we will have

A new head coach and new Defensive and Offensive coordinators

And possibly a new GM

We've got the #8 pick in the draft, plenty of cap room and this is going to be one of the best free agent off seasons in recent history

Finally the dawn of a new era

Things are looking up around here

And possibly a new GM

We've got the #8 pick in the draft, plenty of cap room and this is going to be one of the best free agent off seasons in recent history

I doubt anything will be decided until after the Super Bowl.

And possibly a new GM

Quick question: Why in 7 days or less? When do coaches usually get hired anyways? I'm not that familiar with the process

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate (imagine that, lol) and say we'll get our HC on or within a day or so of Jan. 15th. There are a lot of interviews to complete. There will doubtless be follow-up calls to selected finalists, maybe another quick face-to-face. All that will result in another week and a half of foreplay er, analysis and evaluation.

And possibly a new GM

Well, I'll say this, I like your optimism! But for me, it all depends on whether or not we get it right on the HC job. If it's a coordinator, it could be a "pig in a poke" ---- he may work out, and he may not ---- if it's somebody like Sexy Rexy, you know what you're getting, but to me he's a down-grade from Smitty! Of course, that could work out either way, too ----who knows, with a good QB, and his expertise on the defensive side of the ball, it could be a good hire ---- we'd just need a good OC to compliment it...

And possibly a new GM

ikXcmuJ.gif

So does AB have to wait to offer? Say Quinn was his choice, could he offer and it be accepted tomorrow even though they still have games to play? Can they announce he's been hired and then he stays with the his team until they're out?

Highly unlikely based on one interview, they'd want a 2nd.

Theoretically though. Just wondering how the process works when you know you want a guy, you've already interviewed him, but the team is still in the playoffs.

Mularkey signed his contract to be the Jags HC before we were eliminated in 2011 if I recall.

Have we satisfied the Rooney rule? I hate that stupid rule as I think talented coaches are getting more looks regardless. I'm thinking the coach will be hired this week or final candidates identified. If a follow up is needed for say two, that's another week potentially. The point is to get it right, not rush...although I wanted to know yesterday!

Have we satisfied the Rooney rule? I hate that stupid rule as I think talented coaches are getting more looks regardless. I'm thinking the coach will be hired this week or final candidates identified. If a follow up is needed for say two, that's another week potentially. The point is to get it right, not rush...although I wanted to know yesterday!

No, we have not. All of the candidates that we reached out to, that would satisfy it, were eliminated this weekend. We'll probably hear about dates for their interviews soon.

I'm on board for hiring the best canidate. Interview all of them twice and hire the one you like most.

I doubt that we interview all of them twice. I'd be surprised if we asked for a second interview from more than three of them. We may not even do that many.