College Coach As Hc Candidate?

TrufantIsland

Somebody started a thread about Paul Johnson earlier but it got deleted somehow, not sure why. Everybody wants to think that it is an idiotic idea but I actually find the discussion of an NFL team trying to run that system fascinating.

It's worth discussing for a team that is built to run that gimmick *** offense.

Somebody started a thread about Paul Johnson earlier but it got deleted somehow, not sure why. Everybody wants to think that it is an idiotic idea but I actually find the discussion of an NFL team trying to run that system fascinating.

It would be fun to watch. I love watching Tech play when that offense is rolling. To see it ran with top notch athletes, I think would be great.

Of course the main argument against the option in the NFL, has always been your QB will get killed. I remember in the 90s when more teams were still running the option and FSU, with basically NFL DEs, would knock QBs out the game.

Personally, if you can minimize the QB hits, you can run the scheme. Need a guy who is a threat to throw to keep the Defense honest. Defenders would despise getting cut, and having to tackle backs play after play.

We will never see it though. The style does have some obvious drawbacks of course. Discipline teams can defend it, QB getting hit, 1 dimensional, turnovers, hurts your own D??, etc.

I know. I'm just saying it's not worth discussing for this team, which is a good guess as to why it was deleted

We discuss all kinds of things on this board that aren't worth discussing for this team. I don't think threads should be deleted just because a mod thinks it is stupid. JMO

We discuss all kinds of things on this board that aren't worth discussing for this team. I don't think threads should be deleted just because a mod thinks it is stupid. JMO

I'm not gonna challenge a mods motive. I've already had one screen name banned 5 years ago lol. But I agree we discuss pointless shyt every day

It would be fun to watch. I love watching Tech play when that offense is rolling. To see it ran with top notch athletes, I think would be great.

Of course the main argument against the option in the NFL, has always been your QB will get killed. I remember in the 90s when more teams were still running the option and FSU, with basically NFL DEs, would knock QBs out the game.

Personally, if you can minimize the QB hits, you can run the scheme. Need a guy who is a threat to throw to keep the Defense honest. Defenders would despise getting cut, and having to tackle backs play after play.

We will never see it though. The style does have some obvious drawbacks of course. Discipline teams can defend it, QB getting hit, 1 dimensional, turnovers, hurts your own D??, etc.

I think the key is to have a QB who not only can run the system and pass but who is also built like a RB. Synjyn Days used to be a QB, I wonder how he throws it lol.

I think the key is to have a QB who not only can run the system and pass but who is also built like a RB. Synjyn Days used to be a QB, I wonder how he throws it lol.

Yeah, you would have to have a guy built like Cam Newton and is use to being hit. It is just hard to find a guy who is big, has been an option QB most of their life, but be a proficient thrower too.

It really would be fun to see if an NFL defense could defend it against an NFL offense running it. It is far more complex than people think. Defensive Coordinators have shown a proficiency for catching up with Offenses pretty quickly in the past.

What about these guys?

Charlie Strong

Scott Schafer

Urban Meyer

Brian Kelly

Davic Shaw

Kevin Sumlin

and and and Jim Mora Jr.

Out of this list, Shaw & Mora (although not here for Mora) are the only to viable candidates for NFL jobs IMO. Sumlin is an outside possibility for an NFL job in the near future, but not sure he's an NFL guy, I think college fits him best.

I would love to see how he would do in the NFL. It would need to be a team with no QB though. I wouldn't try it with Ryan.

Mark Dantonio would coach circles around Ryan, Bowles , Quinn, and McDaniels. McDaniels failed at Denver, Ryan failed at New York, Quinn has had a different jjob with a different team ever year ofr the last 7 years and Bowles was not retained by Philly in 2012 as D coordinator. Why is that if he is so great? And when Falcons are winning 12 games a year and going to the play-offs and playing good defense everyone isn't going to care where the head coach coached before Atlanta so absolutely if the Falcons find a good NCAA head coach hire him. Look at him for his coaching ability. Like Blank said in his press conference. A coach who can manage, lead, etc... Who cares where he is now? We want a Super Bowl and need to quit letting media direct our coach search you think these press writers that are writing these articles even played football? **** no. Mark Dantonio is a great great football coach and I think he would fit great in an NFL franchise and is everything Blank is looking for. The problem is you have a front office of GMs all fighting for their jobs trying to hire their friends which is bull. They should not even be around.

Mark Dantonio would coach circles around Ryan, Bowles , Quinn, and McDaniels. McDaniels failed at Denver, Ryan failed at New York, Quinn has had a different jjob with a different team ever year ofr the last 7 years and Bowles was not retained by Philly in 2012 as D coordinator. Why is that if he is so great? And when Falcons are winning 12 games a year and going to the play-offs and playing good defense everyone isn't going to care where the head coach coached before Atlanta so absolutely if the Falcons find a good NCAA head coach hire him. Look at him for his coaching ability. Like Blank said in his press conference. A coach who can manage, lead, etc... Who cares where he is now? We want a Super Bowl and need to quit letting media direct our coach search you think these press writers that are writing these articles even played football? **** no. Mark Dantonio is a great great football coach and I think he would fit great in an NFL franchise and is everything Blank is looking for. The problem is you have a front office of GMs all fighting for their jobs trying to hire their friends which is bull. They should not even be around.

Dude, are you his wife or one of his kids or something? Over 50 posts in a few days all about hiring this dude. Nuts.