Ok, I Gotta Know...wtf Is Up With All The Rex Love?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No never that serious, but it was some decension in the lockeroom. I think when the media blows something up it gets harder to handle. Our media market is a little easier to handle than the NY media.

Point is, the kind of locker room issues that LT spoke of are toxic to a team, whether we the fans know about them or not. The win-loss record that season reflected that. I don't want that kind of crap finding its way here.

Point is, the kind of locker room issues that LT spoke of are toxic to a team, whether we the fans know about them or not. The win-loss record that season reflected that. I don't want that kind of crap finding its way here.

I agree. I do think our lockeroom is stronger than what they had in NY. We have leaders everywhere and Matt being the vet he is the lockeroom won't get out of control.

As copper said, if someone is going out of their way to constantly convince people about how confident they are then 99.9% of the time they are not. Again, now read carefully now, that is shown by how different his demeanor was in his first couple of years with the Jets when he was a boisterous windbag since they were doing well as compared to the past few years when his tone and body language was of a defeated man. That is not what a confident person does or how they act, it's the behavior of someone who wants attention but wants to shrink away from it when it turns against him.

100% accurate. I've said the exact same things on here before. Its so obvious if you have watched him over the years how he has changed. And how cringeworthy his press conferences have been. I honestly have no clue how people can not see this. Yeah he is a great defensive mind. I'll give him props for it, but all that stuff you mentioned is also present yet Rex lovers will not give him any blame.

I like his philosophy as a whole. I want to get back to running the ball. His teams are always physical. He's a defensive genius, and I know more about him than anyone else.

I could be like the rest of these fools and tell you I REALLY like some OC or DC that I truly don't know anything about just to seem knowledgable and eccentric.

Mike Smith wishes he was at all comparable to Rex Ryan btw. Even if Rex was never a HC again he'd find work as a DC. No one wants anything to do w that ***** @$$ spineless clueless sorry excuse for a coach Mike Smith.

And that, as they say, is how I REALLY feel 😜

I think many of them are still trying to fill the hole in their hearts left when Glanville was no more...

1 - Defensive Genius (Rex is said to be one of these)

2 - Great at Press Conferences (Rex is revered across TATF for his mastery of this phase of the game)

3 - Leaves tickets for Elvis (Rex is a toe sucker)

jerry-glanville.jpg

100% accurate. I've said the exact same things on here before. Its so obvious if you have watched him over the years how he has changed. And how cringeworthy his press conferences have been. I honestly have no clue how people can not see this. Yeah he is a great defensive mind. I'll give him props for it, but all that stuff you mentioned is also present yet Rex lovers will not give him any blame.

I'm a Rex fan and I just said in this thread that he failed in New York. He would probably say the samething.

so you really don't want to know then. You wanted to create a thread and say why he shouldn't be hired. Cause if you really wanted the answers you would look in the numerous threads about Rex

Let's not make up ish...I never said why Rex shouldn't be hired not ONE time plz quote where I said that

I merely pointed out all the negative opinions I heard for YEARS that led me to believe most ppl had a neg opinion about him but now all of a sudden ppl are talking like he is the nxt coming and NOTHING I've read in other threads explains to me why the pendulum had swing so swiftly and suddenly.

Edited by The Vent King

I think many of them are still trying to fill the hole in their hearts left when Glanville was no more...

1 - Defensive Genius (Rex is said to be one of these)

2 - Great at Press Conferences (Rex is revered across TATF for his mastery of this phase of the game)

3 - Leaves tickets for Elvis (Rex is a toe sucker)

jerry-glanville.jpg

Ugh.

from what I have read, the people constantly saying this are saying it because Rex doesn't carry himself the same way they do. May not be the case for this particular poster but it seems to be that way for the majority of the detractors. They feel as though he has no class. **** that dumb shyt

And this your rock solid argument for why he should be the head coach vs me never saying why he shouldn't just asking why lol classic

I'm not really sure either. He does field really good defenses but hasn't the teams he's coached, HC or defensive coordinator, mainly drafted/focused on the defense? Last time I checked no one had mentioned this in the Rex pinned thread.

Oh i've mentioned in several times. He has had 6 1st rounders in the last 5 years. All defensive players. Which i actually like that idea though.

I'm not really sure either. He does field really good defenses but hasn't the teams he's coached, HC or defensive coordinator, mainly drafted/focused on the defense? Last time I checked no one had mentioned this in the Rex pinned thread.

yes they have and was mentioned. Drafting mostly defense is what this team needs now.

And this your rock solid argument for why he should be the head coach vs me never saying why he shouldn't just asking why lol classic

actually, it's not my argument for anything. It's just your assumption. Lol classic. In fact if you actually go back and read, you will see that I'm not even talking about you period. And if you don't wanna go back and read take my word, I wasn't even thinking about you when I made that post.

I guess Muhammad Ali and Floyd Mayweather Jr weren't all that confident in themselves. Consider how both told everyone how great they were. Who knew. I guess Michael Irvin, Deion Sanders, Randy Moss weren't confident either. Makes sense

Ali was cocky because he saw that as a way to make money.

He being a big wrestling fan got advise from the likes of the great Gorgeous George and Freddie Blassie. Basically they told him the more he pissed people off and the more he can make people hate him the more money people would pay to see him lose.................. and he bought into that hook line and sinker.... and it worked.

Ali may have been confident... and as a fighter you have to be but his bravado was all for show.

Ali was cocky because he saw that as a way to make money.

He being a big wrestling fan got advise from the likes of the great Gorgeous George and Freddie Blassie. Basically they told him the more he pissed people off and the more he can make people hate him the more money people would pay to see him lose.................. and he bought into that hook line and sinker.... and it worked.

Ali may have been confident... and as a fighter you have to be but his bravado was all for show.

Ali also truly believed he was better than the next fighter. He was an arrogant man. I'm sure a lot of it was for show like you said.