Ok, I Gotta Know...wtf Is Up With All The Rex Love?

The Vent King

All I've seen the past 4 yrs are folks calling this guy a clown, an idiot, or whatever and now all of a sudden it's a Rex luv-fest gallore on this msgb. What had he done 2 deserve this? And pleeeeeassee don't tell me it's because of those 2 appearances in the AFC championship (both losses btw) cause that's only ONE more than Smitty had....thoughts?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons fans just want to win a Super Bowl and Arthur Blank just wants a coach that will sell tickets. Rex will solve neither of these problems. Falcons need to get a coach that can build a Championship structure then that coach needs to bring a GM and front office that drafts the types of players he wants. We are going about this azz backwards. TD, Pioli, McKay should have all kicked the bricks a week ago and Blank should be interviewing coaches that have a track record of HEAD coaching success whether at a NCAA or a NFL level. A winner is a winner. Then let the coach bring in his people.

Rex Ryan excels at the things we're bad at. Defense and running the ball. I think he depended on those two things because he had poor QB play but still managed to make two AFCCG appearances. Mark Sanchez is god awful, and they suffered a harsher injury-riddled season than us and he still managed to string together two 8-8 seasons.

With our offensive weapons, and Matt Ryan at the helm of our offense, Rex Ryan has a shot to be very good in Atlanta. He will want to install a defense and establish a running-game, which will take a lot of the heat off of our offense and Matty. He's a better decision maker, which could have warranted us two more wins alone this year. The NY Jets had a poor season, but they finally succumbed to their wounds and he couldn't salvage anything. TD, regardless of what anyone here thinks, is a better GM than what the jets have. I think they will mesh well.

He's a good coach and the jets fans will vouch for that, and he's very good at what we don't have. We have the most important piece, which is a franchise QB. We just need the second biggest parts, a defense and a runnning-game.

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

All I've seen the past 4 yrs are folks calling this guy a clown, an idiot, or whatever and now all of a sudden it's a Rex luv-fest gallore on this msgb. What had he done 2 deserve this? And pleeeeeassee don't tell me it's because of those 2 appearances in the AFC championship (both losses btw) cause that's only ONE more than Smitty had....thoughts?

Recognizable name. Ignoring his flaws. Pushing blame onto others for his failures, namely his GMs. Flawed belief that we need a defensive minded head coach to turn around the defense instead of getting the right man for the job.

Its pretty simple for me.... I ready a few articles that said the reason Arthur Blank liked Rex Ryan, was because he wants to move away from the "Falcon's Filter" and wanted a HC that has proven he could manage high baggage players.

If this is the true reason for our interest in Rex Ryan, I'M ALL FOR IT!

The majority of posters on this board have a fixation with losing, they love to talk about it, wallow in it, and dream of not winning any games so they can get the first pick overall in the draft and somehow that will deliver a Super Bowl win. They love Ryan because he is a brainless, bragging blowhard that could never deliver the goods. His teams got progressively worse because he ignored the offense. Like his Dad Buddy, he feels offense gets in the way of the Defense and only the defense deserves attention. That is why New York went south as a team. You have to have balance, and teams that win Super Bowls have to have both a good offense and a good defense. I think Ryan will be the hire and I am confident that it will set the team back ten years, but that will make the people who want him so badly happy because the team will lose and they might just get that #1 draft pick that they think will instantly vault the team into winning the Super Bowl.

The majority of posters on this board have a fixation with losing, they love to talk about it, wallow in it, and dream of not winning any games so they can get the first pick overall in the draft and somehow that will deliver a Super Bowl win. They love Ryan because he is a brainless, bragging blowhard that could never deliver the goods. His teams got progressively worse because he ignored the offense. Like his Dad Buddy, he feels offense gets in the way of the Defense and only the defense deserves attention. That is why New York went south as a team. You have to have balance, and teams that win Super Bowls have to have both a good offense and a good defense. I think Ryan will be the hire and I am confident that it will set the team back ten years, but that will make the people who want him so badly happy because the team will lose and they might just get that #1 draft pick that they think will instantly vault the team into winning the Super Bowl.

You may be on to something there. I can't see anything logically from his record, etc, that would even indicate he could take this team to a SB.

I think it's kinda like a relationship where a girl always somehow picks the loser for a boyfriend. Consciously she doesn't want a guy like that, but something on the inside just draws her to those kind of men. I think a lot of our fan base is that way, and wanting Ryan would seen to confirm that.

You may be on to something there. I can't see anything logically from his record, etc, that would even indicate he could take this team to a SB.

I think it's kinda like a relationship where a girl always somehow picks the loser for a boyfriend. Consciously she doesn't want a guy like that, but something on the inside just draws her to those kind of men. I think a lot of our fan base is that way, and wanting Ryan would seen to confirm that.

Belicheck and Carroll were losers in their first head coaching stints

I think it is because he is the polar opposite of Mike Smith personality wise. I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to him, but some of these people see something I apparently don't with their infatuation of him.

The personality thing and his unquestioned awesomeness on defense... pair him with an elite QB like MR and you have a recipe for winning