Falcon Running Backs In 2015--Football Discussion

MSalmon

I think regardless of coach, we need a legit back...no more mid to late round "gems." I think the under valuing of a back is a fallacy..maybe it's not a top ten guy position but it's a position of importance ...and sorry I see Freeman as a COP guy, and quizz is garbage...

Free agent possibility:

-Mark Ingram...no nonsense good back that can tote the load if he stays healthy

Draft possibilities:

1) Melvin Gordon:

-electrifying and beastly...can't take at number 8...hard to see us getting him

2) Jay Ajayi:

-the more I watch him the more I like him..he's a wee lie wobble that won't fall down..2nd rounder? Does overrun blockers at time

3) TJ Yeldon:

--bit upright, but he's tough...legit 2nd rounder..can he catch?

4) mike Davis, South Carolina:

-great receiver, good power..but his speed? I'm torn

5) David Cobb:

--straight up bruiser. I kinda like him...but I'm not sure if he's SJax in prime, or just a plodder?

I left Gurley off as I think he'll go high and is an injury risk...

I'm digging Ingram (if healthy) as FA...or my current draft Crush, Ajayi ...can't quantify it, but I like this kid..

Your preference?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's gonna be your next crush. Firs it was Gordon, now ajayi. Who's next

Still gordon first, but at #8 overall, I doubt he's the choice, and I doubt he lasts past early 20s...I'd take him over Ajayi, if possible

Your boy Duke went back to school, right?

The only current backs I would keep are Freeman and Antone Smith, I would look for a feature back either with a high draft pick or FA and add one more to the mix either draft or FA ...I think Ingram would be a good signing depending on $$$ .

Agree, bro. Not a great crop on board. I like Freeman as a COP guy, and anyone like we used him pre-injury, but a true stud is needed

Still gordon first, but at #8 overall, I doubt he's the choice, and I doubt he lasts past early 20s...I'd take him over Ajayi, if possible

Your boy Duke went back to school, right?

he declared for the draft. He's done all he could do at Miami. They aren't winning a national championship anytime soon lol. All they were gonna do is run him into the ground. Can't wait to see him in the NFL

he declared for the draft. He's done all he could do at Miami. They aren't winning a national championship anytime soon lol. All they are gonna do is run him into the ground.

Cool. Duke is an interesting guy too. We had that talk lol I'd definitely put him on my wish list.

I'm liking Davis from South Carolina too, but having trouble seeing if he's got legit acceleration on the NFL level

Cool. Duke is an interesting guy too. We had that talk lol I'd definitely put him on my wish list.

I'm liking Davis from South Carolina too, but having trouble seeing if he's got legit acceleration on the NFL level

my only concern with Duke is his durability. He was healthy this year until they ran the **** out of him in the bowl game. I'm a believe that no running back should carry the ball more than 20 times in a game. That's for a whole nother conversation though lol. When he's healthy he's **** good though. No knock to Gordon but let's be honest, they didn't play many good defenses out there and was barely touched until they played Ohio state. There are at least 4 rb coming out that I would like to see as a Falcon but it depends on the new coaching style.

I am not on the Antone Smith bandwagon. Isn't he turning 30? He's electric but will he still be after injury? He's small and on the wrong side of the NFL RB hill!

He's a STs and a few touches guy if healthy, not a full time back or consistent COP guy. Freeman is an ideal COP guy

my only concern with Duke is his durability. He was healthy this year until they ran the **** out of him in the bowl game. I'm a believe that no running back should carry the ball more than 20 times in a game. That's for a whole nother conversation though lol. When he's healthy he's **** good though. No knock to Gordon but let's be honest, they didn't play many good defenses out there and was barely touched until they played Ohio state. There are at least 4 rb coming out that I would like to see as a Falcon but it depends on the new coaching style.

Yeah the coaching sty definitely matters. Mike Davis might be ideal if a guy values receiving and grinding style that can play i shotgun as well..Cobb is intriguing but I keep seeing Snelling when I watch him, or maybe Chester Taylor ..at best a rudi Johnson...Ajayi just fascinates me the way he bounces off of folks..he's flexible and lean at 220