Josh Mcdaniels Could Be Key To Falcons' Front Office Stability

Mega Flare

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I'm never going to take a shot at you or anyone else who makes a declaration like that. Everyone has to follow their own path in being a fan. My belief is that also encompasses when and if there comes a day when you have to walk away.

Since when did having principles become a bad or dishonorable thing?

Well, it comes down to entertainment. That's what football is. If something steals my enjoyment, there is no need to watch. I will know with a move like this, they are not serious.

McDaniels has long told confidants that it would take a perfect set of circumstances to get him to leave quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick after a difficult initial head coaching stint in Denver. While the presence of Matt Ryan in Atlanta makes that job attractive to candidates, some close to McDaniels believe there is enough behind the scenes with the Falcons to give him trepidation.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24934983/josh-mcdaniels-could-be-key-to-falcons-front-office-stability

Wow!!!! He's(JMc) got the angle on the HC job in Atl(M. Ryan and all)...but behind the scenes issues, give him trepidation?

Wow!!! He'd rather stay under BB than to work for AB?

Could be a smokescreen. Ever think of that?

Amen, brother. The Patriot Way we need to imitate is Robert Kraft keeping his nose out of football decisions.

Been saying it for years! That's the reason the Patriot Way works. Arthur Blank needs to just sign off on the checks and have nothing else to do with personnel decisions and on game day he needs to keep his *** in the owner's box and off the field.

While the presence of Matt Ryan in Atlanta makes that job attractive to candidates, some close to McDaniels believe there is enough behind the scenes with the Falcons to give him trepidation.

McDaniels truly values what he has in New England, from ownership to management to personnel and, after moving his young family repeatedly, has prized stability in recent years.

Wow. Maybe I've misjudged McDaniels. Any head coach candidate that has the smarts to stay far away from owners like Arthur Blank can't be all bad.

If Blank wanted Dimitroff gone, he would have been fired already.

He drafted Matt Ryan, and hired Smith as head coach..

People do not like to be talked-down-to here in Georgia--from The Big North, but...He's done more than any GM before and gave you all more consistent success--beside Dan Reeves (And Reeves had a worse drafting record.)

And also key to lower ticket prices because no one will pay to watch Falcons with McDaniels as coach.

lol...

Wait until McDaniels installs The Patriot offense, and the Belichick 2-deep Safety defense...

All of that talk about him will go away...

Remember, when the Hawks signed-away an assistant from The Spurs, and he was caught DWI in Buckhead-before he coached a game here?

(Really..I hope the man stops drinking--because it destroys the brain cells in that wonderful coaching mind of "Bud's")

Ryan will have Morningwheg which may be good too

The local media wants Ryan for personality though.... They want to laugh at his jokes at the first Press Conference...

Edited by Rise

Been saying it for years! That's the reason the Patriot Way works. Arthur Blank needs to just sign off on the checks and have nothing else to do with personnel decisions and on game day he needs to keep his *** in the owner's box and off the field.

Blank's "nose" would have nearly "maxed-out the cap" to get an ege rushers in Free Agency...Apparently, the previous staff did not want to do so..

Edited by Rise

Wow. Maybe I've misjudged McDaniels. Any head coach candidate that has the smarts to stay far away from owners like Arthur Blank can't be all bad.

He's probably noticed how Blank tends to roam the sidelines instead of keeping his butt in the owner's box.