Josh Mcdaniels Could Be Key To Falcons' Front Office Stability

Mega Flare

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

McDaniels and Gase have worked with Brady and Manning. They have worked with elite QBs and had success. Even if it was all the QB doing it, then that shows McDaniels and Gase would have more faith in Ryan to run his thing, commanding the offense. I don't hate the move to be honest.

McDaniels and Gase have worked with Brady and Manning. They have worked with elite QBs and had success. Even if it was all the QB doing it, then that shows McDaniels and Gase would have more faith in Ryan to run his thing, commanding the offense. I don't hate the move to be honest.

Me neither.

Those two are trying to save their jobs and will pull out all the stops in trying to get Blank to agree to McDaniels.

Blank should really be consulting with unbiased Rich McKay and the outside consulting firm he hired. I think he hired them for this specific reason. Will THEY endorse Rex is the question.

Edited by Maltese Falcon

Meh I doubt a coach fills a stadium , regardless of personality. A winning coach fills the stadium.

The guy that drafted Tebow in the first round and shipped away a lot of Denver's talent because he can't handle the type of players Blank wants his coach to handle, is most likely going to be a loser here.

What it really comes down to is, is Arthur Blank going to do what's in the best interests of the Atlanta Falcons or what's in the best interests of Thomas Dimitroff.

He will do whats best for him i.e. bringing in more money. It is business. He loves to win SB which will help selling PSLs. They will conduct surveys as well. Sometimes they select s neutral candidate like they did with Smitty during Petrino debacle.

For some reason, I think that neutral candidate this time Bowels or Gase.

Nice post. I'm a fan of Gase, but am a little weary of McDaniels. However I had the lazy narrative of their retractor who state "Manning" or "Brady" as the reason why we shouldn't take them. Well we have a pretty d@mn good QB too.

The guy that drafted Tebow in the first round and shipped away a lot of Denver's talent because he can't handle the type of players Blank wants his coach to handle, is most likely going to be a loser here.

I thought so at first, but looking back I like some of his moves. For one. He was right in shipping Marshall and Cutler out. Two he brought in good talent (Bebe,decker, Moreno,beadles for starters).

Three he had Nolan, who I've grown to dislike..,same pattern as us, and dolphins...focus on secondary first...then big guys...blah blah...

I hated the Tebow move, but josh isn't the personnel guy here if hired..

Nice post. I'm a fan of Gase, but am a little weary of McDaniels. However I had the lazy narrative of their retractor who state "Manning" or "Brady" as the reason why we shouldn't take them. Well we have a pretty d@mn good QB too.

Feel free to give me the +1.

As for me, I'm leaning more towards McDaniels because he has prior experience, but I wouldn't hate Gase.

I thought so at first, but looking back I like some of his moves. For one. He was right in shipping Marshall and Cutler out. Two he brought in good talent (Bebe,decker, Moreno,beadles for starters).

Three he had Nolan, who I've grown to dislike..,same pattern as us, and dolphins...focus on secondary first...then big guys...blah blah...

I hated the Tebow move, but josh isn't the personnel guy here if hired..

That doesn't address the two facts:

1: He can't handle outspoken players. He just ships them away.

2: They wouldn't force players on him and it's a collaborative organization. Of course he would have a say in personnel decisions.

Not much to worry about, though. I seriously doubt he will be the choice. I think Blank has learned that Belichik is the Patriots. Everyone else just benefits from it.

Edited by 𝓜èφhì§τö

Feel free to give me the +1.

As for me, I'm leaning more towards McDaniels because he has prior experience, but I wouldn't hate Gase.

If I had to choose between the two, it would have to be Gase. Watching the type of formations he puts out there, and the way he uses players in different packages is amazing to me. Not to mention the running back situation this year, and how he managed to get a running game going with Anderson, I think he was either a 3rd or 4th string running back.

He could also be the key to an empty stadium.

I kind of agree with you here. And honestly i feel like no one should really give a s*** dimitroff wants.. Rex or bowles should be the final 2 choices for the job. But im a lil skeptical about bowles now. I know everyone has their nights but cam ran all over the cardinals defense last night and we play him twice a year here. So in my opinion rex should get a slight nod over bowles. MCDANIELS AND GASE SHOULDNT EVEN BE IN THE DICUSSION! I hope to God authur blank dont fall for dimitroff bull for a 4th time..enough with this patriot way BS. Its time the falcons create their own path. And i honestly think that if mcdaniels is the key to front office stability here in atl, then dimitroff is wanting to hire someone that can keep him as a GM. Because i honestly believe he can only be a GM here in atlanta. No other organization would fall for his BS and im sure deep down he feels the same way. Thats why hes trying so frantically to stay here. Sometimes Mr. Blank should read between the lines. It isnt a big mystery to why things are playing out the way they are over the search for a head coach. The answer is right there in front of him.

Edited by train83

If I had to choose between the two, it would have to be Gase. Watching the type of formations he puts out there, and the way he uses players in different packages is amazing to me. Not to mention the running back situation this year, and how he managed to get a running game going with Anderson, I think he was either a 3rd or 4th string running back.

I don't usually watch many games outside of Falcons games, but yes good point.

Blank should really be consulting with unbiased Rich McKay and the outside consulting firm he hired. I think he hired them for this specific reason. Will THEY endorse Rex is the question.

Yes, by all means, Blank should heavily rely on the man who pushed for Petrino to come to Atlanta.

Screw McDaniels as the Falcons HC. It will show how much Blank has lost his mind if he hires this guy.

I'll still be a Falcons fan but 2-3 years of McDaniels, Dimitroff and Pioli?

This franchise will truly be bottom-feeders at that point.

Welcome to Tumbleweeds Stadium folks.

Who from New England has had success away from Bill Belichick?

Yall forget that Josh Blew a first rounder on TIM TEBOW for his QB!

TeBow was not even projected as a QB in the NFL. (Tight End)

TD traded 4 high value players for Julio,,,,(basically an Entire Draft)

Mike Ditka did the same thing for Ricky Williams. (who could forget that)

Scott Pioli? what has he done since leaving Belichicks house?

Then you have Crennell and that other guy that nobody ever hears about.

Nothing leaks out of Falcon camp that Arthur doesn't want leaked. The fact that something has leaked to LaConfora regarding Pioli and TD wanting McDaniels, which is as biased a candidate endorsement as you can get, could mean that it's a leak that is all about setting the groundwork for their firing.

Edited by Maltese Falcon