Pft: Dimitroff Not In The Clear, Yet

This is beyond dumb if true. Blank needs to **** or get off the pot. But I don't think it's true at this point.

Agree 1000%. I'm not sure anything positive comes from Blank basically showing and telling TD, I'm going to see if the next coach wants to keep you or not. Even if they keep him, it could rock the boat a little too much

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not news to me. During Blanks press conference it was obvious that Blank was keeping all possibilities open and it makes total business sense why he would do that.

During the presser, I got the feeling that Blank has shaken the organizational chart. It is not a stretch to assume that the new HC will decide whether he wants to work with Tommy.

Agree 1000%. I'm not sure anything positive comes from Blank basically showing and telling TD, I'm going to see if the next coach wants to keep you or not. Even if they keep him, it could rock the boat a little too much

Blank controls Tommy. He paid for that control by giving Tommy the extension. It would be foolish of Blank to simply let Tommy go, at this point.

So, poor Tommy waits. My guess is that he won't be buying any new appliances for now.

TD will be going no where.. . Just hide and watch him get us some more good players in the draft this year. What happened this year was not his fault.. That would be blanks first big mistake if he lets TD walk.. But he knows better than that. You don't trade cars when you have a flat, you fix the flat and keep the car. Can't believe all this non sense talk.

Follow

RnvKpiNq_bigger.jpegNBC SportsVerified account@NBCSports

Sources tell @ProFootballTalk Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff isn't safe and could still be fired. http://tw.nbcsports.com/wbP

Retweet

Favorite

More

B6eQnU_IgAALyGW.jpg

• RETWEETS59
  • FAVORITES18
6:39 PM - 3 Jan 2015

What do you guys think??

I think it's unlikely Dimitroff gets fired but still a possibility depending on who is hired as head coach.

I'll have to go dig up the article, but there was something going around on Bleacher Report saying Blank would be stupid to fire him now as he should have done it last Monday along with Smitty. I'd frankly be pissed if he did at this point, they've already started scouting and doing general evaluations of potential players to bring in. All of that would be undone. Then, you would have to go looking for a new GM as well after your new HC is in place. That would really set scouting back IMO.