"physicality"

atlGM

Today's games showcase four teams that understand and embrace all the the characteristics that embody a solid competitive football team. You can look at any one of these teams and see that an emphasis has been placed on "toughness"balenced with discipline, power balenced with skill, and resiliency balanced by determination. Its only "wildcard" weekend but the style and swagger that these teams are playing with is what I hope for our falcons.

I really wish Falcons front office would get out of the pool of "ESPN" coaching candidates they are interviewing right now. Google some of these people and look at their job history. 1 year here, 2 years here, etc... Job hoppers. If these guys were any good why are they hoping so much.

Dan Quinn-

2006-2007- Miami

2007-2008 New York Jets

2009-2010- Seattle

2011-2012- Florida

2013- Seattle

If this guy was so good how come no one pays him to stay anywhere very long.

Same thing with Bowles

2008-2011- Miami Dolphins

2012- Philly Eagles

2013- Arizona

He was defensive coordinator with Philly. If he was so good how come Philly let him go to Arizona?

Falcons need to quit listening to ESPN goofball who know nothing about sports, and use common sense. I have been saying this for a week now. That the coach we want is not even looking for a job. He was Ohio State Defensive Coordintor when they won a National Championship in 2002. He was a defensive coordinator under Nick Saban at Michigan State and when Saban left he took over at Michigan State. He is a defensive minded, great HEAD coach with job stability. He is not a fly by night goofball like Petrino. Look at hw his teams play and the pro style offense he runs. This is a critical hire for Atlanta and they don't need to muck it up with garbage like Quinn, Bowles, or Ryan. Mark Dantonio is one of the highest paid NCAA coaches for a reason and Falcons would be FOOLS not to at least interview this guy. Come on guys open your eyes. He is RIGHT there!!

Go get him Atlanta

I really wish Falcons front office would get out of the pool of "ESPN" coaching candidates they are interviewing right now. Google some of these people and look at their job history. 1 year here, 2 years here, etc... Job hoppers. If these guys were any good why are they hoping so much. Dan Quinn- 2006-2007- Miami2007-2008 New York Jets2009-2010- Seattle2011-2012- Florida2013- SeattleIf this guy was so good how come no one pays him to stay anywhere very long. Same thing with Bowles2008-2011- Miami Dolphins2012- Philly Eagles2013- ArizonaHe was defensive coordinator with Philly. If he was so good how come Philly let him go to Arizona? Falcons need to quit listening to ESPN goofball who know nothing about sports, and use common sense. I have been saying this for a week now. That the coach we want is not even looking for a job. He was Ohio State Defensive Coordintor when they won a National Championship in 2002. He was a defensive coordinator under Nick Saban at Michigan State and when Saban left he took over at Michigan State. He is a defensive minded, great HEAD coach with job stability. He is not a fly by night goofball like Petrino. Look at hw his teams play and the pro style offense he runs. This is a critical hire for Atlanta and they don't need to muck it up with garbage like Quinn, Bowles, or Ryan. Mark Dantonio is one of the highest paid NCAA coaches for a reason and Falcons would be FOOLS not to at least interview this guy. Come on guys open your eyes. He is RIGHT there!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVzNdOiVOMGoget him Atlanta

I will say I'm much better at evaluating potential players than coaches I'll have to look into this guy. But with that said I still don't think you can overlook the success that guys like Ryan and Bowles have had at the nfl level

Guest Homer the Brave

Today's games showcase four teams that understand and embrace all the the characteristics that embody a solid competitive football team. You can look at any one of these teams and see that an emphasis has been placed on "toughness"balenced with discipline, power balenced with skill, and resiliency balanced by determination. Its only "wildcard" weekend but the style and swagger that these teams are playing with is what I hope for our falcons.

Smitty said the Falcons are tough. You don't know what you're talking about.

I really wish Falcons front office would get out of the pool of "ESPN" coaching candidates they are interviewing right now. Google some of these people and look at their job history. 1 year here, 2 years here, etc... Job hoppers. If these guys were any good why are they hoping so much. Dan Quinn- 2006-2007- Miami 2007-2008 New York Jets 2009-2010- Seattle 2011-2012- Florida 2013- Seattle If this guy was so good how come no one pays him to stay anywhere very long. Same thing with Bowles 2008-2011- Miami Dolphins 2012- Philly Eagles 2013- Arizona He was defensive coordinator with Philly. If he was so good how come Philly let him go to Arizona? Falcons need to quit listening to ESPN goofball who know nothing about sports, and use common sense. I have been saying this for a week now. That the coach we want is not even looking for a job. He was Ohio State Defensive Coordintor when they won a National Championship in 2002. He was a defensive coordinator under Nick Saban at Michigan State and when Saban left he took over at Michigan State. He is a defensive minded, great HEAD coach with job stability. He is not a fly by night goofball like Petrino. Look at hw his teams play and the pro style offense he runs. This is a critical hire for Atlanta and they don't need to muck it up with garbage like Quinn, Bowles, or Ryan. Mark Dantonio is one of the highest paid NCAA coaches for a reason and Falcons would be FOOLS not to at least interview this guy. Come on guys open your eyes. He is RIGHT there!!

Go get him Atlanta

I appreciate Dantonio as much as the next guy, (I'm from Michigan) but do you really need to post that same f*cking thing in every post that you make? And let's not underestimate the impact Pat Narduzzi has had on the program.

atlGM if Bowles was a Superstar do you think Philly would have let him go to Arizona this year? Same thing with Ryan. If he was a Superstar don't you think the Jets would have fired their GM and kept Ryan.

when your talking about head coaches and front office changes in the nfl I think other factors sometimes play a part in tenure. For Todd Bowles he was hired to be Phillys secondary coach and was then promoted to DC midway through the season. The key here is that he next season chip Kelly arrived and usually New HC's want to bring in their own guys.

And with rex I think you have to keep things in perspective his first 2 seasons with the jets resulted in AFC championship game births with a young Mark Sanchez. Then things came unravelled in 2011 by what I believe can mostly attributed to a clash of personalities in the jets locker room. Then from 2012 until now I think the inability to put an nfl caliber offense on the field coupled with two gms being fired led to his dismissal.

I think Ryan's biggest faults during his early years with the jets was his back and forth jargon with the media. But I think he learned from those early mistakes over his final two years.

I'm not saying the guy you mentioned isn't worthy of consideration I'm just saying I think Ryan and Bowles are highly touted for good reason as well.

Edited by atlGM

I appreciate Dantonio as much as the next guy, (I'm from Michigan) but do you really need to post that same f*cking thing in every post that you make? And let's not underestimate the impact Pat Narduzzi has had on the program.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! I too am sick of the Dantonio Spam. Let's not dip into the college cesspool again after the Pigtrino debacle... EVER... AGAIN!