One Man Not A Lot Of People Are Talking About...

RYNE

This is one of the men I hope Atlanta take a good look at in Free Agency and brings in should the Ravens lets him go...

BAL.gif
MCP426538.png

Pernell McPhee #90 LB

Baltimore Ravens | Official Team Site

Height: 6-3 Weight: 280 Age: 26

Born: 12/17/1988 Orlando , FL

College: Mississippi State

Experience: 4th season

High School: Pahokee HS [FL]

TCKL

SCK

FF

INT

--

Seems like every time I watch the Ravens he is making plays. I would like to have him next year. Probably would be fairly cheap, big, and can rush the passer

Edited by RYNE

One Man Nobody Is Talking About Except Kayoh a bunch, and now you....

Just sayin...

Oh I haven't ever seen anyone say anything about him. I don't come to this Draft/Free Agency forum a bunch though.

I think it is really pointless to have two separate spots to post stuff considering there is nothing to talk about at this point except the new coach and the draft and free agency

Edited by RYNE

He's been very good this year in his situational pass rushing role.

Have to keep in mind that he only dropped back to cover on less than 10% of pass plays and faced the run on about 25% of his total snaps. Both figures are very low for starting 3-4 OLB. When he's got them extra responsibilities, you'd figure his pass rush efficiency would drop as well as he has to watch out for the run rather than just rushing blind upfield. So some homework for TD and co. to do.

Me personally, I think he'll be fine as a starter but it's just something to ponder. There are other players I would target before him though as I feel they'd be less risk. I liked him coming out and he performed well at the combine for his size. He's slimmed down so he's gotten faster and quicker since then.

He's been very good this year in his situational pass rushing role.

Have to keep in mind that he only dropped back to cover on less than 10% of pass plays and faced the run on about 25% of his total snaps. Both figures are very low for starting 3-4 OLB. When he's got them extra responsibilities, you'd figure his pass rush efficiency would drop as well as he has to watch out for the run rather than just rushing blind upfield. So some homework for TD and co. to do.

Me personally, I think he'll be fine as a starter but it's just something to ponder. There are other players I would target before him though as I feel they'd be less risk. I liked him coming out and he performed well at the combine for his size. He's slimmed down so he's gotten faster and quicker since then.

Im not signing him for his coverage skills. pass rusher is all I want. I think we need 3 pass rushers between free agency and the draft.

This guy would fill one of those spots cost effectively and effectively on the field

Im not signing him for his coverage skills. pass rusher is all I want. I think we need 3 pass rushers between free agency and the draft.

This guy would fill one of those spots cost effectively and effectively on the field

All depends on his price tag which is hard to estimate. If he can be had for $5M per year like Michael Bennett when he first joined Seattle, that would be worth it.

All depends on his price tag which is hard to estimate. If he can be had for $5M per year like Michael Bennett when he first joined Seattle, that would be worth it.

Nobody's talking about him. Dumervil, Suggs and Upshaw all got mentioned more on the broadcast than McPhee.

I've seen him mentioned a few times. He's certainly forced his way into the conversation this year. I'm a little concerned over how he will look without those other great pass rushers that Baltimore have, but I would definitely take him in the $5 million or so a year area considering Kroy and Osi aren't far off making that amount.

Without me looking at the other comments...

Didn't that dude shred apart our offensive line in Baltimore this year?

Sorry if someone else mentioned that already. I just got in from driving 7 hours straight. Too tired to properly read.

Nah, his game against us wasn't too amazing. I mean, it was still good - he still had a couple sacks, a hit and a hurry - but he had a ton of better games just as far as being relentless in his pressure. Dude averaged about a half sack, 1.5 hits and 2.5 hurries a game. He's bonkers. Even against Pittsburgh, who has one of the best pass protecting LTs in the NFL, he had 2 hits and 4 hurries. Through three games against PIT he had 3 hits and 11 hurries. That's on 81 pass rush attempts, so one of the best pass blocking LTs in the league and McPhee beat him 14 times in 81 attempts. Average of one every 6 or so tries.